Agilo velomobile

Great! Which one is yours?

Mine still doesn't have the roof or the hood... :cry: But it will have both before the end of the week - hood this afternoon. Next week it might look like the first photo but with prettier wood :giggle: This morning I varnished inside the nose, it looks OK, not show car perfect but good enough for a daily driver.

Yes I saw Saukki do that too on his Quest.

For the moment no foot holes. I will probably even drive it before I decide to cut. The Agilo built by Bodo has no ventilation hole in the nose. As I am building directly with a motor I want some air to flow over the controller and the motor - today it is still 23 º C here and at this time of year there is very little pollution and the sun is still really hot.

The hood is on, photos tomorrow.

Mhmm, looking at te CAD renderings and the real bike i would suspect that the hole for the lamp might lead some structural weakness. Or is there any addidional stiffening element in the tip of the nose - something like a bar with a cutout bridging such a hole? The prototype in the old shape shape seems to be better in that respect (but more complicated to build...)

Regarding ventilation: Naca ducts in places where they do not hamper the design?

OK so the roof is on and the epoxy is curing.

This is what it will look like inside:

satin-varnish.JPG

A little more cosy than carbon fibre :p That is just one coat of clear satin yacht varnish on bare wood

roof-on.JPG

I now have a vélomobile body in my living room. At about 22:00 the epoxy cure will be complete and tape and clamps will come off. The mainsail down haul is holding the seat back in the correct position by the way :rolleyes: The A pillars are not glued on yet, I needed to glue the roof together so that I can then position them correctly on the hood. Other than that some strips of wood to be glued, the door cut out and lots of sanding and then some primer and it will sit waiting for velomobile parts and paint.

Tomorrow I will go to the supermarket and get a battery for my bathroom scales so that I can weigh the almost "complete" body.

Da sie fest mit der Karosserie verbunden werden und dann schließlich noch die Tür rausgeschnitten wird, denke ich schon, dass sie mittragend sind.

I have never built a vélomobile so I was worried. Every time I add a piece of wood to Agilo I am less worried, it is very strong and well designed. I have an intimate knowledge of the parts and understand how each brings strength to the others it is attached to.

I know that plywood is a fabulous materiel with amazing strength and I used to row a skiff at my rowing club made from 1 mm veneer, not even ply! I loved the sensation of rowing that boat, it was as if it was making love to the lake (can I say that here?). I also enjoyed rowing the carbon fibre boat of a friend which just sliced through the water as if it wasn't there.

Do you leave the wood look or is it colored?
Personally, I would leave the wood visible.

Inside: clear satin varnish, saves weight and protects from water
Outside: body Toyota pearl white, roof VW viper green metallic

The color will hide the little defects and the white will reflect the sun. The green is to reassure the SUV drivers that I am a tree hugger :giggle: My inner speed demon would prefer racing stripes and a Ferrari red roof :ROFLMAO:

Next time my woodwork will be so good that I will varnish!

In what kind of position or posture are you actually rowing your boat? :giggle:

:ROFLMAO: Rowing skiffs you are almost bent at the end of the stroke. Rowing developed the muscles I needed to ride the trike, I never suffered conversion from upright to bent muscle problems. And before I bought clip less pedals I got cramps just like when rowing.

But I was thinking more of the way a flexible wooden hull takes the shape of the water. It was not a boat you could row in a heavy chop on the lake.

Zurück
Oben Unten