Agilo velomobile

I need one for reverse gear. You can't lean out and reverse by grabbing the wheels. Two for more air inside? Earlier I rode back on the trike and although the air was at 14º C the road was still hot from yesterdays sun, very hot...

I will keep the cutout and either put it on a hinge or stick down with velcro to be able to close the hole. The foot hole is also useful for passing a chain that is locked to the boom and the other end to a pole etc. outside the velomobile.

Ein tolles Projekt und sehr spannend es hier nachzulesen. Das Einzige, was ich an der Konstruktion etwas bedenklich finde ,ist der waagerechte Metallpfosten in der Mitte. Bei einem Frontalaufprall seh ich da schwarz. Aber da kann man wohl nichts dran ändern und passive Sicherheit ist bei Velomobilen ja auch nicht Schwerpunkt. Hattest Du jetzt eine Hinterradschwinge von einer Leiba Klassik bekommen? Gebraucht? Viel Glück und viel erfolg weiterhin.

Ein tolles Projekt und [..] passive Sicherheit ist bei Velomobilen ja auch nicht Schwerpunkt. [..] Viel Glück und viel erfolg weiterhin.
Passive Sicherheit bei Fahrrädern -- nicht nur bei Velomobilen :whistle: ... -- wäre tatsächlich sehr ambitioniert! Hier vielleicht via Sollbruchstelle, sehr vielleicht! Btw meine Meinung zu Glück: Erfolgsentscheidend ist es allerseltenst, es will geduldig erzwungen werden! Wenn man sowas wie hier baut muß man idR auf vieles verzichten. Somit: Beides zu wünschen macht tatsächlich tieferen Sinn! Thx! My2ct :) ...
A great project and [..] passive safety is not the focus of velomobiles either. [..] Good luck and continued success.

Passive safety for bicycles -- not only for velomobiles :whistle:... -- would actually be very ambitious! Here maybe via a predetermined breaking point, very maybe! Btw my opinion on luck: It is very seldom decisive for success, it has to be patiently enforced! If you build something like this you usually have to do without a lot. So: To wish both actually makes more sense! Thx! My2ct :) ...

Kind regards, 2ndtime again ;)...

Freundliche Grüße
Christian

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I am amazed of what you have already achieved in your living room and on your balcony!
I love your project! Keep it up!

I need one for reverse gear. You can't lean out and reverse by grabbing the wheels. Two for more air inside?
I've taped close the foot hole last winter and did it a few weeks ago again. IIRC last winter, I needed to climb out to turn around the Milan maybe five times and only for 180° turns on narrowish roads.

Most times, it was enough to brake hard to a stop, release the brakes and roll back a few meters to make the turn. Try it with your trike, its quite easy once you get the hang of it.

I'd cut out one hole (for the warmer month) and make an easily installable cover. Its worth to take a few days to come up with a smart solution.

I'd cut out one hole (for the warmer month) and make an easily installable cover.
If cut out thoroughly, the cut out piece of wood itself could be used as the cover. Well, in connection with a mounting ring on the floor of the velomobile, of course.
Like this in large:

Anhänge

• DSC_3794.JPG
    DSC_3794.JPG
    44,2 KB · Aufrufe: 225
A great project and very exciting to read about it here. The only thing that I find a bit questionable about the construction is the horizontal metal post in the middle. In a frontal collision, I see black. But there is probably nothing you can do about it and passive safety is not the focus of velomobiles either. Did you now have a rear swing arm from a Leiba Klassik? Second hand? Good luck and continued success.

The aluminium boom is screwed and epoxy glued in place, it is not going anywhere. If it does move in a frontal accident you have many more things to worry about...

I am designing and building my own swingarm in wood and carbon fibre. I was inspired by the work of @efeu325 and @tieflieger

Agilo will be a daily driver so being able to reverse quickly in town is quite useful. SUV drivers never use their indicators, especially when they find a parking spot, that uses too much electricity! And the element of surprise for other road users is important too... :rolleyes:

So I think one hole on the left hand side, with a cover that folds down or is held in place by velcro will be my choice.

Otherwise if I was only driving on the road I would not bother cutting there.

BTW: you are aware of Saukki's measurements on the effect of closing the footholes on the power needed to drive his Quest (pretty fast...)? And Your VM will probably be slower than a Quest and hence the expected effect will be smaller...

(that's why partially closing the footholes of my Go3 does not have a high priority for me anymore)

Yes I am a Saukki fan.

For me closing is more to keep the heat of the summer road out than for aerodynamic gains. Not only the summer, today the road was hot and the air 27º C...

This makes me smile - most people around here close the footholes in order to keep cold, winter air out :)

This makes me smile - most people around here close the footholes in order to keep cold, winter air out :)

I know! We shall see if a closed velomobile is suited to my climate. If it isn't I'll make an open one! :p

Of course those who saw Agilo at Spezi 2017 know that the windscreen flips up, directing air directly onto your face. And both side windows slide open so I am not worried about suffocating! ;) But the roads here get very hot as soon as any sun shines on them for more than a day or two, just ride a trike around here to find out how hot! And when it rains on that you get instant sauna! Of course wood is a much better thermal insulator than aluminium and glass/CF so heat coming from above and below in theory should not be much of a problem.

Zurück
Oben Unten