Agilo velomobile

I prefer your white green colorchoice! Gives a much cleaner and modern look.
Have you already gotten the suspensionparts?
I wonder, if these are that easy to get...that would be an important part of a successfull "massproduction", I mean motivate others to follow your path.

Not yet, they are easy to get If you have the money... I am working hard at the moment to get the parts.

Time for an update. No rain but a little too cold to go out to the sanding workshop...

cold-workshop.JPG

Though work is at a standstill until I get the vélomobile parts I have been doing small jobs, the last wood was bent:

last-bends.JPG

These are glued around the bottom of the door sill. A test fit of the window:

windscreen.JPG

And I have decided that access to the top luggage compartment will be from the inside only. This large hole is not on the plans and the structure will be strengthened by a carbon fibre "roll bar" inside the luggage area:

luggage.JPG

I hope to have the door fitted this week and all glue work finished, forever... Well almost...

Die horizontale leiste im inneren verbindet die unterschiedliche platten fur seite und dach. Ein "Lap Joint" die leiste uberlappt beide platten. Wurde die leiste dann noch schrag angeschliffen oder ist das nur ne flache verbindung?

Also die hintere dachluke geht wieder zu? Zum Carbon, wenn moglich nicht gegen die schwerkraft laminieren, sondern die hulle auf demm dach drehen, auch aufrecht stehend auf die ruckseite ist schon 90grad besser. Anpressen mit eine lage haushaltfolie oder tape uber einen streifen sperrholz geht vermutlich auch gut. Die Carbonlagen unter eine sperrholzstreifen die ein hauch breiter ist verstecken wahre auch eine losung. Scharfe Carbonsplitter sind nicht gut, und Carbonschleifen ist ubeler als Holzschleifen.

Grusse, Jeroen

The connection is full of epoxy charged with wood flour. It also provides stiffness and a place to fix the side window.

I haven't decided if I close the back with wood or with polycarbonate yet. Wood will be more sensible when the hot summer sun is behind, even with an anti-UV film applied to the Lexan...

Yes I am up to date on Carbon even if I am not a Jedi Master like you : giggle: I will lay the body on each side and laminate in two sessions. The horizontal strip at the bottom of the hole will be behind a ply piece that will also give some thickness at a fragile place - bagage going in and out, even light bagage, will require protecting the edge of the ply.

A colour update ;)

undercoat-left.JPG

Two coats of high build primer later...

- very little filler needed, I am not going for show car finish on this one
- under the windscreen the wood will be varnished matt (there is one coat already), if I still have reflections I will paint dark grey
- the wheel wells are au naturel and will probably stay like that - are you happy natural wood finish fans?
- seeing the smooth finish obtained I will probably not spray paint and just roll on some white paint, to save money and time
- a higher quality finish can always be applied at a later date
- all of the interior is getting coats of transparent satin boat varnish - A+ environmental grade, water based PU

undercoat-right.JPG

- under the windscreen the wood will be varnished matt (there is one coat already), if I still have reflections I will paint dark grey
My advice: Make it black* already.
Even the small whitish rim inside my Milan hood produces significant reflections in the comparatively small Milan visor at certain angles.
The small visor in front of the hood was all but opaque due to reflections of the white lid, without the mat-black Gaffa tape.

*yes, it'll get pretty hot in summer, but its well worth the unimpeded view

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Der naturbelassene Radkasten ist designmäßig wirklich eine sehr gute Idee. Ganz klar besser als komplett naturbelassen. Einfach wirklich schön! Ich mach mir jetzt Sorgen welche Überraschungen da noch kommen. Die Blendwirkungen weissem Spiegellichts simd ... vorstellbar. Tatsächlich u.U. ein Problem ... finde ich auch. Kann man vielleicht minimal-invasiv, ein bischen grauer Lack nur direkt vor'm Sichtbereich, also auf der Haube. Nochmal: Das Weiss wirkt für mich etwas überraschend tatsächlich sehr schön. So wie es ist :whistle:.

The natural wheel arch is a very good idea in terms of design, really! Clearly better than completely natural as I said once upon a time:X3:. Just really nice! I'm worried now what surprises will come next: The glare effects of white mirror light ARE imaginable. In fact, possibly a problem ... I think so too. You can maybe be minimally invasive, just a little gray paint, only directly in front of the field of vision, i.e. on the hood, may suffice? Again: The white looks, a bit surprisingly to me, really nice just the way it is! 2nd whistle ;).

Best regards!

PS: Just saw in front of the vision-shield there still is just wood, visible wood and yet no white. Perfect! :love: ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The combination between white and varnish looks great. :love:

My advice: Make it black* already.
Even the small whitish rim inside my Milan hood produces significant reflections in the comparatively small Milan visor at certain angles.
The small visor in front of the hood was all but opaque due to reflections of the white lid, without the mat-black Gaffa tape.

*yes, it'll get pretty hot in summer, but its well worth the unimpeded view
It's a pity but I suppose Marc is right. (No, it's no pity that marc is right, it's a pity about the clear varnish:giggle:) The angle of the screen is just perfect to reflect the surface of the dashboard right into jour eyes.

Before you're going to paint the dashboard and install the windscreen perhaps it is reasonable to add a fan and some slits for ventilation.
I do not know the weather conditions down there in france, but uphill in rain it will be quite foggy without a direct ventilation of the screen.
My two Ø40mm PC-fans are not oversized in that respect.

I have been chatting with Bodo Sitko about fans, maybe an 80 or 120 mm PC case fan might find its way under the hood at some time.

In this post a Spanish driver explains the heat from the road problem I was talking about in #161, hot air comes in through the foot holes when he stops. On the final version of the plans there are 3 different sizes of foot hole so I may try the small one (less hot air will get in).

In other news the door is on hinges - these are temporary hinges so that I can take the door off easily by undoing 4 screws. The definitive hinge(s) will be invisible and inside. Thinking very hard about door closing latch(es) at the moment. I bought a lock - letter box variety - and that was a fail, the key won't come out when the lock is open... :rolleyes:

More holes will be drilled - the hole for the mirror, it will be mounted bar end style in a 22 mm carbon fibre tube. That tube will also be used to hold the GPS (Nokia 2.4). Another hole for my pouet pouet horn in the floor near the nose will follow. Maybe the bulb for the horn will be on the CF tube also.

Basically I am killing time until the interesting parts get delivered...

Zurück
Oben Unten