Erfahrungen mit dem Sinclair Iris

Moin,
Gibt es hier im Forum schon irgendjemand, der Erfahrungen mit dem Sinclair Iris gemacht hat? Kann man als ausgewachsene Person mit 187 cm und 105 kg dieses Mobil fahren? Gibt es auch schon Leute, die die 500/750/1000 Watt-Variante für den deutschen Straßenverkehr zugelassen haben? Und wie sieht es mit neuen Vorbestellkampagne und dem Import in die EU aus? Wenn alles paßt, wäre das Vehikel für mich eine echte Alternative zum Podbike.

I left the UK pedelec forum years ago, the Iris was on pre-order status at the same price. Is this a real product? I have only ever seen 3D renderings and the one pre-series model. There are no photos of happy users. I think the Iris might be an english Le Mans...

Hier im Forum gibt's einen Faden dazu, enthält einiges an Beiträgen und Links:

Grüße,
Christian

I left the UK pedelec forum years ago, the Iris was on pre-order status at the same price. Is this a real product? I have only ever seen 3D renderings and the one pre-series model. There are no photos of happy users. I think the Iris might be an english Le Mans...
Auf eine Anfrage im November habe ich folgende Info erhalten. Aber ich bin nicht sicher, ob es schon eine Serie gab und ob die tatsächlich 2022 ausliefern.

On 2 Nov 2021, at 12:26, Grant Sinclair <grantsinclairfuturist@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Christian

Thanks for your IRIS eTrike enquiry.

IRIS was recently driven by astronaut and test pilot Tim Peake, BBC footage can be seen at:

We recommend 250 watt motor option for Germany. We have tested various motor options for IRIS eTrike and our current favourite is the high torque BBHD mid driver motor from Bafang that we can ship limited to 250 watt from the factory for Euro spec but can be unlimited up to 1000 watts using a special PC cable. Most users find 250 watts plenty as the eTrike is very streamlined and requires minimal power to get to 30 mph (50kmph).
- we can supply an extra battery for IRIS at an additional £600. Each battery will get you approx 50 km on a single charge, depending on various factors such as climate and rider specifics (e.g. weight and fitness levels).

We currently have a discounted pre-order offer of £4,999 per unit to support early adopters, this price includes delivery.

If you pre-order now, shipping is scheduled for Q3 2022.

Please note: we are planning a future price increase due to distributor & dealer markup.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Oben Unten