Roll over Europe (ROEU) 2013

AW: Tour EU 2013

I guess there might be far more than a hundred while you cross the netherlands. Only they can get so many Velomobilists on the roads - and they do it each year!

Probably some of the registered won't do the whole trip. Once the route is fixed and the closer we come to July 22nd 2013, the number of participants for each day will become clearer.
So far, only 8 out of the 54 have mentioned that they may only do part of the route. I think this is a good sign. Also, with more than a year to train, some who think they cannot go the whole way now may change their mind later and decide they can.

... Also, with more than a year to train, some who think they cannot go the whole way now may change their mind later and decide they can.

a good number of those won't have any physical issues with the tour, since it is clearly less demanding than ROAM -- any velomobile rider with some regular riding practice can do it -- the issue for most will be time available
on the other hand, having a hard core of riders and new ones coming on as the tour gets underway will also be a nice experience

I would also warn against getting carried away with the numbers, they may grow (but not at that pace), but you will sure lose people as you get closer.

On ROAM, I lost a number of European riders when the shipping date approached, which was the point of no return for the Europeans; and I lost a number of American riders when the tour was about to begin -- only a third of those who had committed to ride eventually did participate.
At one point I had over 60 registrations; about 36 (22 from Europe) did the entire tour -- which still made it the largest long distance velomobile tour in the history of mankind ;-)

Josef

Hello everyone!

Here is the latest news of the Euro Tour 2013:

The initial flood of rider registrations has tapered to a trickle. As of this writing, we have 83 riders and 4 support volunteers. By this time next year I think the final number of participants will be somewhere near 100.

As the number of riders grows things get more complicated. To keep things running smoothly, I have decided to ask for volunteers in each country to act as tour coordinators in their country. These country coordinators will look after the details that are unique to their country and will help with communication with participants and others in country. It is my great pleasure to announce that Michael Lippens has volunteered to be the Country Coordinator for Belgium. Thank you Michael! I will be making the same request for other countries soon.

Volunteers have been stepping forward to take ownership of major sections of the tour’s route. Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland are now completely covered or nearly so. Germany has one small section remaining unclaimed and half of the route through France is available for someone to show the world their favorite roads. We are still over a year from the start date so I am not worried, yet.

The sponsorship team has been formed and is currently composed of Luc Fournier, Steve Wood and myself. The team had its first meeting via Skype where we laid out the basics of our target levels and near term goals. We have lots to do...

Heike Bunte, the Chairwoman of the HPV Germany e.V, has presented the Tour to the Mayor of Leer. I am told the meeting went well and he has confirmed his support.

I have begun contacting media to gauge interest in running stories on the tour. No responses yet.

That’s all for now.

AW: Roll over Europe (ROEU) 2013

Hi! Sorry, bin ganz neu hier und hab grad nur die Anfrage von vor vielen Monaten gelesen: falls die Namensgebung noch aussteht hier mein Vorschlag: ROPA für "Roll Over euRopA" oder "roll over euROPA" (weiss schon, dass das sprachlich nicht ganz korrekt ist.... ;-)

Hi! Sorry, bin ganz neu hier und hab grad nur die Anfrage von vor vielen Monaten gelesen: falls die Namensgebung noch aussteht hier mein Vorschlag: ROPA für "Roll Over euRopA" oder "roll over euROPA" (weiss schon, dass das sprachlich nicht ganz korrekt ist.... ;-)
Unfortunately, it may be too late to change the name. Thank you for thinking of it though.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that our 90th registered participant is none other than the father of the modern velomobile, Carl Georg Rasmussen!
With all of the knowledge and history embodied in the riders of this tour, the conversations around the campfires and in the pubs are going to be so interesting I don’t know how I’m going to get enough sleep.

da fällt mir noch ein:
EU ROLL, EU RIDE oder EU ROAM (im Sinne von "you roll", "you ride" oder "you roam", letzteres wäre eine schöne remineszenz an die tour in den u.s.)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Hallo alle zusammen.

Eine Frage an die Experten:
Da ich evtl. mit meinem Tandem mit über 1m Breite fahren will, wäre es interessant zu wissen, ob es da Restriktionen in den Ländern gibt, die auf der Route liegen.
Italien wäre da wohl die absolute A...karte, da dürfen Fahrräder wohl nur 75cm breit sein. (zum Glück nicht eingeplant)
Ich habe da auch was von 1m Maximalbreite in der Schweiz gehört.
Wie sieht es mit Französien, Belgien und NL aus ???

Beste Grüße,
Kai

für die Urlaubsplanung:
Start 21.7.2013, 3 Wochen Fahrzeit, exakt?
Wieviel Tage vor dem Start sollte man da sein?

So früh..? Ich bete das das nicht mit meinen Prüfungen zusammenfällt :eek::(

Na Du bist ja vielleicht so ein Spezialist!
Das ist jetzt 1 Tag früher als geplant, Start Samstags anstelle von Sonntag.
Macht das so viel aus?

Servus,

bei uns gibts das Problem das die Prüfungen immer an unterschiedlichen Tagen im Jahr sind. Letztes waren diese am 21.7 alle vorbei. Aber ich kenn unsere "Planung" der Fh... Wird schon schiefgehen.

Gruß,
Patrick

für die Urlaubsplanung:
Start 21.7.2013, 3 Wochen Fahrzeit, exakt?
Wieviel Tage vor dem Start sollte man da sein?

Hi CAS,

Du schaffst es bestimmt, den Pulk noch einzuholen, wenn Du einen Tag zu spät dran bist....:ironie:

Scherz beiseite: 21.7. scheint zu stimmen. Am ersten Tag soll nur ein halber Tag gefahren werden, nachmittags. Is aber noch in Planung, so wie ich das lese.
Das man Tage zuvor in Leer eintreffen soll, lese ich nirgends...

@indicator
Die HPV-Offiziellen haben mir vorgeschlagen (mich gebeten) den RAAM Termin um 1 Jahr zu verschieben, weil sie mich dann unterstützen können. Das Angebot auszuschlagen wäre Dummheit gewesen. Zumal sie immer Wort gehalten haben.
Ich lote also gerade aus, wie ich die HPV-Veranstaltung, die WM und ROEU, nächstes Jahr unterstützen kann. Mein Sponsor in Spe hätte damit kein Problem.

@indicator
Die HPV-Offiziellen haben mir vorgeschlagen (mich gebeten) den RAAM Termin um 1 Jahr zu verschieben, weil sie mich dann unterstützen können. Das Angebot auszuschlagen wäre Dummheit gewesen. Zumal sie immer Wort gehalten haben.
Ich lote also gerade aus, wie ich die HPV-Veranstaltung, die WM und ROEU, nächstes Jahr unterstützen kann. Mein Sponsor in Spe hätte damit kein Problem.

"Wer kann dazu schon nein sagen?"

Hallo,

aktuell 136 Fahrer, werden alle Fahrer an einem Tag auf die Tour
gehen oder wird das ganze etwas aufgeteilt?

Ich könnte mir gut vorstellen das es an den jeweiligen Zielorten
etwas eng auf den Campingplätzen wird wenn an einem Tag
so viel Fahrer ankommen.

Ebenso wir es ja eine sehr lange Schlange an VMs geben die sich da durchs
Land schlängelt und sicherlich den ein oder anderen Autofahrer ärgern.

Gruß

Zurück
Oben Unten