maximum cassette size in a quest ??

Velomobil
Quest
Liegerad
Raptobike Lage Racer
i am looking to buy a second hand quest ( a more recent one than my 3x20 :) ) but i was looking at the price of the new nx 12 speed drivetrain that cost around 210€ for a 11-50 cassette, derailer and shifter . has anybody here any expierences with this ?

Velomobil
Quest
Liegerad
Raptobike Lage Racer
i have 2 large range 10s cassettes on hand . but the spacing between the gears is quite big on the low gears . and my quest still has the gears under the seat so i can't test them .
tnx for the link to blueliquid ,that's an interesting site .
so i guess 42 will be the max without modifications to the body .

dendrocopos

gewerblich
Velomobil
Quest XS Carbon
Liegerad
HP Speedmachine
wollte ich auch gerade schreiben, der Kettenlauf wäre sonst sehr "unoptimal"

Velomobil
Sonstiges
hullo, incase you want to try to maximize wide range cassettes: Oliver Majevski does not make these anymore, as a Chinese manufacturer jumped in.
Bild 2018-12-06 um 09.14.00.jpg
If you try this please share your experience.

Velomobil
Strada Carbon
In dem Zusammenhang - ein Kettenblatt mit 42 Zähnen müsste doch den gleichen Umfang/Durchmesser haben wie ein 42er Ritzel.

Deswegen müsste es theoretisch möglich sein einfach mit einem Kettenblatt zu prüfen, was hinten reinpasst? :unsure:

Velomobil
Quest Carbon
Liegerad
Toxy-ZR
but i was looking at the price of the new nx 12 speed drivetrain that cost around 210€ for a 11-50 cassette, derailer and shifter . has anybody here any expierences with this ?
There is no need for a 11-50 cassette. Don´t forget the Quest has 3 chainrings in the front even in the standard configuration you have a ratio of 1:1 enough to climb hils up to 15%

Velomobil
Quest
Liegerad
Raptobike Lage Racer
Every old mtb and racebike had a tripple in front . Half of the gears in a tripple overlap each other . there is a reason that they are going to single or double . on the flats that i ride the 11-28 57 was a bit to hard to get going .

Oben