maximum cassette size in a quest ??

i am looking to buy a second hand quest ( a more recent one than my 3x20 :) ) but i was looking at the price of the new nx 12 speed drivetrain that cost around 210€ for a 11-50 cassette, derailer and shifter . has anybody here any expierences with this ?

i have 2 large range 10s cassettes on hand . but the spacing between the gears is quite big on the low gears . and my quest still has the gears under the seat so i can't test them .
tnx for the link to blueliquid ,that's an interesting site .
so i guess 42 will be the max without modifications to the body .

Wirklich passend sieht das aber nicht aus:
index.php

Na ja, vielleicht hat sich die Kette ja inzwischen ihren Weg freigesägt... :D

Die Schwinge ist ja im eingebauten Zustand ja deutlich weiter oben.

Ich gehe mal davon aus, dass der Dämpfer für die bessere Sichtbarkeit fürs Foto ausgehängt ist

und die Schwinge runtergezogen wurde.

hullo, incase you want to try to maximize wide range cassettes: Oliver Majevski does not make these anymore, as a Chinese manufacturer jumped in.
Bild 2018-12-06 um 09.14.00.jpg
If you try this please share your experience.

Also ich hab auch eine 9-fach Kassette mit 11-40 in das Quest reinbekommen mit SRAM Schaltwerk mit mittlerer Käfiglänge.

Auf Facebook hat jemand ein altes Quest mit einer 11fach Kassette 11-50 umgerüstet!
Es handelt sich um das Weiße Hai Quest

In dem Zusammenhang - ein Kettenblatt mit 42 Zähnen müsste doch den gleichen Umfang/Durchmesser haben wie ein 42er Ritzel.

Deswegen müsste es theoretisch möglich sein einfach mit einem Kettenblatt zu prüfen, was hinten reinpasst? :unsure:

but i was looking at the price of the new nx 12 speed drivetrain that cost around 210€ for a 11-50 cassette, derailer and shifter . has anybody here any expierences with this ?
There is no need for a 11-50 cassette. Don´t forget the Quest has 3 chainrings in the front even in the standard configuration you have a ratio of 1:1 enough to climb hils up to 15%

Every old mtb and racebike had a tripple in front . Half of the gears in a tripple overlap each other . there is a reason that they are going to single or double . on the flats that i ride the 11-28 57 was a bit to hard to get going .

Zurück
Oben Unten