Agilo velomobile

And how will You protect the channel for the steering elements?

There is a coat of epoxy on the wood. And the ends will be closed off with a piece of wood with smaller holes for the passage of the rods (when I can measure them) thanks to your observations on the wheel arch aerodynamics thread. I hadn't thought about those big holes and their effect on the flow of air before (y)

The definitive hinge(s
may be that: https://www.haefele.de/de/produkt/k...=12&Position=6&OrigPos=1570&ProductListSize=8
and that:

may be that: https://www.haefele.de/de/produkt/k...=12&Position=6&OrigPos=1570&ProductListSize=8
and that:

My boat hinges look a little like that but they are stainless. And they open the wrong way to be mounted inside.

I like the lock.

I have been chatting with Bodo Sitko about fans, maybe an 80 or 120 mm PC case fan might find its way under the hood at some time.

I found a 120mm radial ('blower') fan to be an effective way of moving lots of air. I had to mount it down on the central mast (by my feet) and then ran a 50mm hose up to my face. I also run it at 2 voltages (12 and 7V) using a DC-DC buck converter to reduce speed without heating up a resistor.

Good luck!
Phil

Ich verbaue in meinen EVOs standardmäßig diese....

IMG_20210217_143935.jpg

In meinem Testfahrzeug habe ich folgenden Lüfter eingebaut und der bläst einem das Toupet vom Kopf...

IMG_20210217_143756.jpg

Leider habe ich nur diesen einen und natürlich schon eingebaut, sonst könnte ich ein besseres Bild einstellen

Dann brennt die Wicklung durch.
Was das Toupet angeht: warum nicht zur eigenen Haarpracht stehen?

I don't wear hair, I stopped wearing that when I was riding petrol scooters and motorbikes. It makes helmets much more comfortable and less smelly... :p

I like the ventilation system shown on one of the GoOne 3 threads with the plastic scoop in the side window, I think I might try that for air in the face. The fan is really just for blowing up directly onto the windscreen to remove eventual mist. But Agilo is huge inside, there is a lot of air volume to heat up before the windscreen gets affected, especially since I cut the seat back out to get into the luggage area. We also have about 2 or 3 days of sub zero morning temperatures per year.

Today some small parts arrived:

- rear tyre, a Maxxix DTH 56-406, the DTH has been proven to be much faster than the Big Ben on the trike. I got the fattest one so that I still have some rear suspension when the air shock is locked out and of course the extra mm diameter = more speed.
- attachment parts for the rear shock and an air shock pump

My living room looks messy again :(

parts.jpg

I have a silly question (first of many technical ones probably...) how do I remove the foam grip from the tiller? I want to put things on the tiller and then the foam grip. I removed the piece from the left, lets just say it was not non-destructive... :rolleyes:

I need to make a to-do list and a missing parts list - the luggage area is also full of bike bits. My motor needs to be stripped down and bearings checked etc. Will it ever end?

Maybe you can heat the tiller handle from inside with a heat gun or with boiling water.
Heat does soften most glues.

Are the grips glued to the handle?
If they're not, I usually use a syringe and inject some water between grip and handle. Then I can wiggle them off. If you don't have a syringe you can use a screwdriver, push it gently between grip and handle and then drip some water into the gap.

Question/Idea/Suggestion on something different: replacing the springs in the suspension struts by elastomeres before mounting the strut?

Question/Idea/Suggestion on something different: replacing the springs in the suspension struts by elastomeres before mounting the strut?

1. no budget
2. I saved 500 (?) grams of spring on the rear by using an air damper so I don't feel as bad about the extra weight in the front :giggle:
3. this is my first vélomobile experience so maybe I'll keep some upgrades in reserve :giggle:

I asked for hard springs because I am over 80 kg (just) these days so I don't think it will roll about too much in the corners.

Are the grips glued to the handle?
If they're not, I usually use a syringe and inject some water between grip and handle. Then I can wiggle them off. If you don't have a syringe you can use a screwdriver, push it gently between grip and handle and then drip some water into the gap.

You are the champion! (y) I used a small table knife because my screwdriver is of the socket variety.

So on the tiller the LCD in the center, controller buttons to the left and on the right the Alfine click shifter. There is enough space for the foam grip I just removed cut in two on the ends!

The same trick works for getting them on again. Make the inside of the grip wet, slide them on and after a few moments they stick.

My tiller has more brackets than the one in the Quest manual - horn on the right and indicators on the left

What are the other two holes for?

Zurück
Oben Unten