''VELO-BOUNCE''

''VELO-BOUNCE''
When I drive fast on the road then I go around 40 km/h and i going too ''bounce''.
It occurs when pushing and pulling the pedals and with sufficient power transmission.
The contact surface of the tires (4.5 bar) on the asphalt that are pressed and rise very hard again due to the counter pressure.
You sometimes come off the ground a few millimeters (rarely)
You have to keep your steering wheel tight and straight and the front wheels in a straight line, if you drive faster then the ''bounce'' is gone.
By lying tight in the chair you feel the nose go back and forth.

''VELO-BOUNCE''
Wenn ich schnell auf der Straße fahre, dann fahre ich um die 40 km/h, dann mache ich „hüpfen“.
Es tritt beim Treten und Ziehen der Pedale und bei ausreichender Kraftübertragung auf.
Die Auflagefläche der Reifen (4,5 bar) auf dem Asphalt wird gepresst und steigt durch den Gegendruck wieder sehr stark an.
Manchmal hebt man einige Millimeter vom Boden ab, das (selten)
Lenkrad muss straff und gerade gehalten werden und die Vorderräder in einer geraden Linie, wenn man schneller fährt, ist das „Hüpfen“ weg.
Wenn Sie fest auf dem Stuhl liegen, spüren Sie, wie sich die Nase hin und her bewegt.

bounced es nur auf und ab, oder auch links-rechts? - VM (Trike mit 40 ist eher nicht so wahrscheinlich?), gefedert oder ungefedert?
Wahrscheinlich ist das eine Resonanz-Reaktion, du könntest mal versuchen die 40 in einem anderen Gang zu fahren, ob es sich auch aufschwingt?
What do you mean with the last sentence? Back and forth literally is "vor und zurück" while "hin und her" in common german usually is more like left-right as the pendulum does...

Ich würde sagen extrem hohe Kadenz und dabei kein Druck (mehr, Z.b nach einem Sprint bergab wenn die Übersetzung zu Ende ist) auf der Pedale.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
With my former DF, I had the same Problem. I finally fixed it by changing the red and blue springs to elastomer elements.
Unforunately, the Alpha 7 shows a similar behavior.
And no, it‘s not when pedaling lightly but at around 40km/h in the flat.
I think I‘ll replace the elastomere dampers against some stiffer elements.

stuitert het alleen op en neer, of ook links-rechts? - VM (Trike met 40 is eerder niet zo waarschijnlijk?), met vering of zonder vering?
Het is waarschijnlijk een resonantiereactie, je zou kunnen proberen de 40 in een andere versnelling te rijden, slingert hij ook omhoog?
Wat bedoel je met de laatste zin? Heen en weer is letterlijk "vor und zurück", terwijl "hin und her" in het gewone Duits meestal meer links-rechts is dan de slinger...

bounced es nur auf und ab, oder auch links-rechts? - VM (Trike mit 40 ist eher nicht so wahrscheinlich?), gefedert oder ungefedert?
Wahrscheinlich ist das eine Resonanz-Reaktion, du könntest mal versuchen die 40 in einem anderen Gang zu fahren, ob es sich auch aufschwingt?
What do you mean with the last sentence? Back and forth literally is "vor und zurück" while "hin und her" in common german usually is more like left-right as the pendulum does...
''Bounce'' is not drifting.
It is up and down.
With stiff suspension you get more a bounce effect.
It is not resonate but power transmission that causes that.
When accelerating hard at around 35 km/h till 45km/h then you have that effect.
If you go faster +50 km/h; bouncing will no longer apply because of the higher speed.
The tire pressure is also an aspect.
Bounce is slightly less common with soft tires and very hard tires.

''Bounce'' driftet nicht.
Es geht auf und ab.
Bei straffer Federung bekommt man eher einen Bounce-Effekt.
Es ist nicht die Resonanz, sondern die Kraftübertragung, die das verursacht.
Beim starken Beschleunigen bei etwa 35 km/h bis 45 km/h dann haben Sie diesen Effekt.
Wenn Sie schneller fahren 51 km/h; Prellen entfällt aufgrund der höheren Geschwindigkeit.
Auch der Reifendruck ist ein Aspekt.
Bei weichen Reifen und sehr harten Reifen ist das Springen etwas seltener

Reifen werden komprimiert und expandiert und das erzeugt die Geschwindigkeit.
Staudruck auf die Reifen, wie funktioniert das genau?

Tires are compressed and expand and that generates the speed.
Back pressure on the tyres, how exactly does that work?

By pressing the bottom tread, the cheeks expand.
Due to the air pressure somewhere else in the tire, that air pressure returns and the tire expands and becomes thinner and a counter-reaction occurs.

Durch Drücken der unteren Trittfläche dehnen sich die Wangen aus.
Aufgrund des Luftdrucks an einer anderen Stelle im Reifen kehrt dieser Luftdruck zurück und der Reifen dehnt sich aus und wird dünner und es kommt zu einer Gegenreaktion.

Which velomobile?
With most higher-speed velomobiles (DF, alpha, milan, snoek) your hips are on the same height as the pedals and therfore there should be a very small to no up-down component in your motion. Or are you making unnecesary movements in the pedaling?

What I notice on my df but around 55km/h is a slight left-right wobble. Part of this is caused by my body moving left-right while pedaling,which causes the center of mass to shift and also probably causes some steering inputs. The point of resonance is a function of spring stiffness and total mass so I think the point can be shifted by changing the springs. But better is to avoid the body motion.

The DF's Alpha7 Milans and Snoek........the faster and lighter models.

The Alpha7 there is the crankshaft at the bottom and will have a slightly less effect because of the lower power with the leggs.
It should not be a scrambled egg from left to right, but up and down like a straight horizontal strong spring.

It is caused in the center of the front wheels in a diagonal line to the upper-body and that is where you get the bouncing effect.
By the air-intake in the front you see it the most.

I think your body should move slightly
The body-weight + velo, strength and stimulating the movement is the goal to bounce.

Are you maybe a little laying too stiff in it?..........................It is a heavy resonation=>''Bounce"

@Ramzoefff I have a hard time following you. Is this a reply to someone? In your reply, what is "It" referring to? "the goal to bounce"?? I see bouncing as an issue, not a goal, but you see this differently?

Thank you for all those questions?
It's not bad to study philosophy in a house and forget to cycle.
It is also possible to push a little on the road.

Zurück
Oben Unten