Scheibenbremsen am VM?

Die Dosierbarkeit und Bremswirkung ist auch bei der 4 Kolben Tektro Auriga Twin toll. Ich Gegensatz zur Magura öffnet die auch schön und hat ordentlich Belag drauf. Die Bremssattelkolben neigen nach einiger Zeit allerdings zum ungleichmäßigen ausfahren. Das Problem hat die Magura 4 Kolben allerdings auch.
Bietet die Magura dann auch gespiegelte Bremssättel?
Liebe Grüße Wolfram

Bietet die Magura dann auch gespiegelte Bremssättel?
Das ist zumindest bei der „aktuellen“ Big der Fall gewesen, die war ja auch für Dreiräder konzipiert (und damit zum Bremsen der beiden parallelen Räder).

Übrigens danke noch mal für Deinen Einsatz beim Testen, auch wenn Dich wahrscheinlich der Händler zu dem ich latsche (wenn es denn endlich mal klappt, aktuell ist der Platz für ein VM leider nicht da) verfluchen wird. :D
Hier im Flachland scheint es ja einfach keine erheblichen Argumente gegen die Scheibenbremse (ob gekoppelt oder nicht) zu geben, außer dass man häufiger mal nach den Belägen schauen muss. Nach den Erfahrungen die ich an anderen Rädern mit den SA Trommelbremsen gemacht habe, ist es mir das auf jeden Fall wert.

This thread already has 31 pages,.........
Kind regards, Wolfram

Hello Wolfram,
I read some of those 30 something pages, looking for basic ideas about disk brakes on velos and it was frustrating, so I will ask a couple of questions. Hopefully you have time.

- Which hub are you using?
- What is the hub width, and the width measured to the outside of the bearings?
- Does the hub assembly still fit on a standard axel and strut? How long is the axel?
- What is the distance between the spoke flanges (think they commonly measure it to the outside surface)?
- If that distance is less than it is on the drum hub, do you think this reduces the strength or stiffness of the wheel assembly....in a meaningful way?
- Are you able to have the rim positioned in the same place relative to the body? Did you have to set the spokes a certain way for this? I think on bikes, the spoke flanges are offset from the centreline to allow room for the disk assembly, and I thought it would be the same for a trike or velo.

Thanks for any help,
Gregg.

So i try my best.
The Hub is from Ginkgo Shop, it is a Ginkgo Ice Trike Hub.
The inner width is 12 mm, so it fits with the average axle.
The distance between the spokeflanges is less wide. As it is a 20" wheel it should be stiff enough.
My son has the kit from Velomobile in Hessen. Then it is no Problem, but it's very expensive and the disc can only max 160mm.
That's why i did it another way.
But then you have to fix the brake caliper at the bottom aluminium profile. That you have to weld.
When you made this you will see that your Wheel needs another position. The hub needs to be more at the outside of the axle, that's no problem with spacers, because the hub is still full on the axle.
But if your Rim is symmetrical to the hub,
then your Tire will be more outside and the whole geometry is wrong.
So i did it very asymmetrical so the spokes to the disc are standing very steep and the spokes to the outside are very flat.
That's when Gingko said it's not possible,
but till now it works well.
So if you need further information just ask.
Best regards Wolfram

Pictures

Anhänge

• IMG_20240124_175105676.jpg
    IMG_20240124_175105676.jpg
    167,1 KB · Aufrufe: 64
  • IMG_20240124_155044605.jpg
    IMG_20240124_155044605.jpg
    153,8 KB · Aufrufe: 65
  • IMG_20240124_154931765.jpg
    IMG_20240124_154931765.jpg
    270,9 KB · Aufrufe: 64
So I try my best.
The Hub is from Ginkgo Shop, it is a Ginkgo Ice Trike Hub.
The inner width is 12 mm, so it fits with the average axle.
The distance between the spoke flanges is less wide. As it is a 20" wheel it should be stiff enough.
My son has the kit from Velomobile in Hesse. Then it is no problem, but it's very expensive and the disc can only max 160mm.
That's why I did it another way.
But then you have to fix the brake caliper at the bottom aluminum profile. That you have to weld.
When you make this you will see that your Wheel needs another position. The hub needs to be more at the outside of the axle, that's no problem with spacers, because the hub is still full on the axle.
But if your Rim is symmetrical to the hub,
then your Tire will be more outside and the whole geometry is wrong.
So I did it very asymmetrical so the spokes to the disc are standing very steep and the spokes to the outside are very flat.
That's when Gingko said it's not possible,
but till now it works well.
So if you need further information just ask.
Best regards Wolfram

Thanks Wolfram, That's very helpful information.
I'm designing a velomobile and have been interested in disk brakes. I'm slowed down a bit by not having parts to study and measure. I just got an old KMX racing trike and it has wider hubs, so there is not much of a reference.

The only relevant hubs I can find on Ginko are the Hubsmith HST001F and the Bitex DH-12N. Bitex have a "clamping distance", I think it's the axial distance between the outer bearing sides, of 59mm and the distance between the outer faces of the spoke flanges is 38mm. Is that the same as what you have?
I noticed that the bearings in their drawing are incorrect width. If I draw 8mm wide then the clamping dist is 59mm
1714391694506.png

I don't have a Velombiel.nl strut here yet. I have a pdf drawing he sent me, but I can't easily scale it properly. Do you know the precise standard axel length(s) available to the hub?

I will look more at your photos tomorrow.

Cheers,
Gregg.

Zurück
Oben Unten