DF-Erfahrungsberichte

This is unfortunate that this attempt is denigrated by some here. Let me give a few more elements to consider. Some mention the .66% slope but it is the same for everyone on the same course, the wind cannot exceed approximately 1m/s during the run, while it is held at altitude and it improves wind resistance, it also affects athlete's performance due to lower oxygen level.

You praise some runs where you saw a video but they do not show what was there before, maybe there was a dip in the road before, they don't start from a standstill, the wind conditions and many other factors that may have an influence. I have had runs at faster speed but to be honest, there was a dip in the road and maybe the wind was helping so while it was fun, I can't say that I broke any record. Let's not forget that Peter is not in the same age category as Kid Karacho, Ymte or Daniel.

While there is a lot of talk, I would say: take your velomobile to Battle Mountain and try to get close to the velomobile speed record (119.01 KPH) was set by Gareth Hanks of team Tri-Sled last year. I would like to see what speed a modified production velomobile can acheive on the same course.

I for one who is in the same age category I recognize his effort.
[DOUBLEPOST=1505304489][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aber 10 Minuten genügen nicht, um die Endgeschwindigkeit von 35,7 km/h zu erreichen:
Anhang anzeigen 133489
Wie lang ist die Strecke?

Edit: Ah - in den Notes steht es:
The short route is 2.5miles od approximately 4km and the long is 5miles or approximately 8km

This is unfortunate that this attempt is denigrated by some here.
There is no denigration done here. To understand the records you just have to know the details and the 0.66% slope is one of the major importand ones that apparently now everyone here is (was) aware of.
I also guess everyone here knows that some video from some lucky event on public road is not a proove of a broken record as there allways can be 'helpfull' circumstances like wind and topografy that you will never see in the video (even the rider himself might not have noticed).

Auf etwa 90 würde ich in der Ebene kommen.
90 in BM ist er zaghaft min 105 sollte man dort schaffen um gut zu sein
Would you have to modify the drivetrain to be able to be able to get a large enough gear to take you above 100km/h? I suspect that a large ring would not fit the space available, maybe a Schlumpf speed drive?

While there is no rule on this, a production shell is not what you normally ride. I would like to see a definition because it makes a big difference in the result and it should be something average riders can procure.

for 100-120km/h you would not nessesarely need more than 90 teeth (combined with a 622mm rear-wheel). That doesn't require modifications of a DFs drivetrain.
I'm surprised that it fits without touching the shell, I guess you would also need the race boom too.
21728337_1452262258195402_3617912927793414500_n.jpg

On Facebook Peter just said that he has a 100 tooth ring in front and it barely fits. Peter also mentioned that he's 63 and this morning's run he put out 586W at the end of the run to reach an unofficial speed of 55.7mph (almost 89km/h) according to his GPS.

gibts ein diagramm? Am ende 580watt kann nur verkehrt sein, kurzzeitige Spitzen sind nicht das mittel der Wahlt. Man muss min eine Minute zum schluss 500watt treten

gibts ein diagramm? Am ende 580watt kann nur verkehrt sein, kurzzeitige Spitzen sind nicht das mittel der Wahlt. Man muss min eine Minute zum schluss 500watt treten
No he did not publish a diagram of the power curve, he just mentioned this in a comment. I'm sure that after the race he will report and maybe post on Strava. I'm sure Peter would be happy to discuss this in detail with you after the event.

The official results are out and Peter reached 89.23 km/h with a legal wind. He exceeded the speed of many streamliners today. Morning runs are not as fast as afternoon runs so he may be able to pass 90km/h tonight.

Zum vorerst letzten Mal übrigens. Der Deich wird verstärkt, ab November ist der Radweg nicht benutzbar.
ICB auf facebook schrieb:
After two years we thought it was about time to have a sort of an official opening of the new (work)shop. Also, earlier this year, Alligt moved in and more work and office space was created to accommodate Leo and his huge milling machine. We are currently working on the last details and hope to have everything finished in a couple of weeks time, including a Velomobile Museum. This will also mark the end of Franks time at Intercitybike (and in the Netherlands). Peter Haan will be replacing him and actually already started two weeks ago.

We would like to invite everybody to come and have a look on Sunday 22 October between 9:00 and 17:00.

The annual dike race (Time Trial Lelystad-Enkhuizen and return) will also be held on this day. The start is an easy 20km ride from Dronten. Anyone interested in watching the race or participating in it can follow Ymte to the start (departure between 11 and 12). After the race we'll have take-away Chinese food back at the Koperweg.

Those who come from far away are welcome to sleep in the showroom or museum on Saturday. Dinner and breakfast will be provided. Too tired after the race to ride back home? Of course you can stay Sunday night too.
If you plan to stay Saturday night, please let us know so we can make sure there is enough pasta for everybody.

Ich möchte mal wieder eine Erfahrung beitragen, nachdem mir @mbonsai am Sonntag erzählt hat, das mit dem Tausch auf den ICB-Dämpfer bei ihm vermehrt Durchschläge des Dämpfers und verstärktes Ausbrechen des Hinterrades bei rauhem Asphalt auftreten. Ich hatte damit auch immer wieder Probleme, unter anderem war dies auch der Grund für meinen Unfall im Januar.
Nachdem im mal in die Runde gefragt hatte, ob man die Federn im ICB-Dämpfer tauschen kann, hat @jostein mir in Meppen mal seine Federsammlung mitgebracht.
Ursprünglich ist bei mir eine 126mm lange blaue einzelne Feder verbaut. Aus dem Fundus von Hajo habe ich erst mal eine 86mm lange blaue Feder und eine 45mm lange grüne Feder von Febrotec eingebaut. Damit bin ich eigentlich sehr zufrieden. Kein Durchschlag des Federbeins und auch deutlich geringere Ausbruchneigung des Hinterrads.
Jetzt gleicht aber die blaue 86mm Feder nicht den bei Febrotec gelisteten blauen Federn. Von der Draht-Höhe passt da eher die rote Feder. Diese und die grüne Feder habe ich mir heute Abend eingebaut und werde sie die Woche testen.
Ich gehe davon aus, dass die blaue 86mm Feder, die ursprünglich bei Hajo eingebaute war, das sie meiner langen Feder ähnelt. Was mir noch fehlt, ist ein Kunststoffteil was zwischen die Federn kommt und wie sie auch im vorderen Federbein verbaut sind. Da werde ich wohl mal meinen Nachbarn schnappen, der hat eine Drehmaschine (y).

Also wenn ihr ähnliche Probleme mit Durchschlagen des Dämpfers und ausbrechendem Hinterrad habt, dann checkt mal was für eine Feder in eurem ICB-Dämpfer verbaut ist.

Nebenbei musste ich mal wieder einen durch Verbremsen geschädigten Durano den ewigen Jagdgründen übergeben und habe nach 17500km mal vorsorglich den hinteren Reifen ausgetauscht. Da schaute zu Teil schon die Karkasse durch und auch an den Flanken waren einige suspekte Stellen.

Auch die von @DanielDüsentrieb heute angestoßene Diskussion bzgl. der Bremszughüllen hat mich heute Abend beschäftigt. Bei mir sind die Hüllen im Radkasten da beschädigt, wo sie durch die Kabelbinder vom Rad ferngehalten werden:(. Die sollte ich auch bald mal austauschen.

Angehängt habe noch das Foto der blauen 86mm Feder und die über Febrotec beziehbare rote Feder mit 76mm.

Anhänge

• 1505854511671684905833.jpg
    1505854511671684905833.jpg
    105,4 KB · Aufrufe: 137
Ich selber habe vermutlich eine 86mm Feder hinten verbaut oder noch kürzer. Der Reibungsdämpfer sollte natürlich auch reiben und nicht hüpfen.
Mein Dämpfer ist so für mich eine Sensation, ich brauche nix anderes.
Die Höhe sollte natürlich angepasst werden wie vorher oder besser wenn man drin sitzt möglichst eben

Zurück
Oben Unten