Hund im Velomobil (war: Milan 4.2)

thanks for the tip about neidrider
This was not a child-hood on the QV. No windows.
Let's give the creative process all the time it needs

Just read about the Milan 4.2 maybe becoming a BTB tandem construction?
I did ride one and it's fun, but not for my purpose now...

That's the differences between one and the next dog.
I remember when I was at my parental home. There was a street most used by local farmers, and more often I saw a man sitting in his car, speed over typical bicycle speed, left arm outside holding the dog lead, and the big dog in front of the car running with all willpower holding the dog lead straight. Awesome power.

@Gras I had another weird idea, but do not know if that would actually work...
which is hard with 14 kg on my belly. I also cannot navigate, eat, drink of breath
I would not want to take her with me without her seeing the surroundings or enjoying herself.
So what about this:
  • instead of having her lie or sit on your belly, you mount a kind of hammock right in front/above of you
  • you need a VM with a big manhole and tank steering (like the M9)
  • your dog sits or lies just in front/on top of you, so navigate, eat, drink would still a bit of an issue
  • 4 sturdy mounts: 2 in the back near your shoulders, 2 in the front, a bit forward from the cockpit
  • for yourself to get in or out you undo the thing, so you need quick releases or hooks
I do not know if this will be comfotable for both you and your dog, but it would take the weight of her and she could still see everything and is in your reach.
:unsure:
You can even try this in your quest to see if it could work, it still requires some work (to get the hammock and the mounting points right).

Did that! In the end, took to long each time. Not sure if it was safe either, in an accident or in the strange occasion we got into the water in a canal.
It did take weight of my belly though.
At the moment trying to get more hands on in the M9. Enthousiastic about that one. And wondering about the 26 inch quest. Does it have room at the left side? Myself having a 20 inch quest there is no room because of the second chain/distribution. Cannot remember how the 26 inch quests are at the left and hind side of the chair

I think M9 has more space lefthand side the seat, what do you think?
It is much wider at your shoulders and directly behind the seat.
But then it tapers and the "depth" to the rear is a bit less than my DF XL because the DF (and Quest) are convex while the Alphas (A9, M9 etc) are concave on the outside.

But the space just next to and behind the seat is enormous in comparison.
This is my A9 (same width + platform as the M9, just a bit taller):
1707551846589.jpeg
So you have a rough idea.
Although I cannot ride comfortably with the edge of the thing poking into my ribs, but it just fits ;)
Maybe it will even work for a smaller rider because the seat is more forward then.
And for the M9 the whole manhole is a few centimeters more forward too which gives you even more luggage space there in the back.

But you should just find someone with a M9 and try it out.
Maybe @Kurbel? I think he still has a M9...

Yes, the M9 is still here. If anybody wants to try, no problem, even for days or weeks.
I ride a W9 now because it offers enough space for me, and I have just not sold the M9, yet.
Of course my M9 has tank steering, but it is also available with (or convertible to) tiller steering.

That's a great offering! Would love a testtride and fit. Anything more is way to generous ☺️

After my tour I just made some measurements on my A9 (which should look the same as the W9 at this point).
It's about 20-23 cm wide at the front of the wheelhouse, but tapers quickly at the rear end:
1707569866893.jpeg

Depending on your seat type and especially with the M9 there should also be much space right behind the seat before the wheelhouse next to the chain guard and idler (which you should carefully inspect for any gaps where she can get caught with her paw or something just in case).

The question is where you put your arm. Either you ride one-handed most of the time or actually consider tiller steering just to give her a bit more space.
Or you just enjoy a nice and soft (w)armrest that can bark ;)

Hello Christian, great you measured that. Does taper down I see. Guess her pelvis is near the beginning of the back wheel. glad it is broad enough. We will have to see how much room see had in the front. How long is it from the front of the back wheel to where the left steer is?
I will go for tiller steering(eventually). I already know that.
Picture of today, my trusty 20 year old Quest ☺️

Anhänge

• IMG_20240210_203702.jpg
    IMG_20240210_203702.jpg
    203,2 KB · Aufrufe: 53
Yesterday we found out that rider and dog fit inside the M9 together just fine. (y)
At first Thokka was clearly suspicious of the endeavour, but with some trying the initial discomfort seemed to slowly evaporate.
So, a successful test it was, indeed. And a fun afternoon as well.

To me that makes the M9 quite a benchmark in terms of practicality.
Only, it is bigger than I need, as I do not have a dog. :giggle:

With tiller she can be in my arms on top for the slower rides and when going faster I want her below. So tiller it will be. (Tanksteering was totally intuitive and fine!). Will see if she needs a window when she is below. I will know from her behaviour. Have to know also if it's doable, a window. Don't want to mess up a bike. Have to know if it can be done properly.

Zurück
Oben Unten