Hund im Velomobil (war: Milan 4.2)

Hallo alle,
small dogs get big(er)!
And therefor I am interested in the Milan 4.2 :)
For me and my dog, a corgi. I want to ride longer and faster again, which is hard with 14 kg on my belly. I also cannot navigate, eat, drink of breath abundantly while riding and of course faster cournering is not doable.:X3:
Who is willing to share pictures of the inside of the backspace (front is also welcome) of the Milan 4.2? How deep is it to the end of the tale?
I also want to know how it looks under the backseat. How does the chain go, how's the rear wheel attached. Or is the seat located directly on the bottom? I imagine riding without this backseat (of course). Dog in her own triagle.
Who owns a Milan 4.2 and lives in Niedersachsen or the North of The Netherlands? Can I visit you and take a look?
Thank you for thinking with me!
Lots of pictures welcome, so I can get more of an idea ;)
Thokka and Marjon- Groningen

ThokkaInQuest131321740_10214967055169897_7303117681923044676_n.jpgThokkaQuestDavidP1070824.JPG

Es gibt hier schon diverse Fäden für den Milan 4.2, wo auch Bilder zu finden sind:

Da die Suche hier im Forum besonders mit den kurzen Modellbezeichnungen wie 4.2 überfordert ist, suche am besten "außerhalb" mit Google, zum Beispiel: >site: velomobilforum.de "milan 4.2"<

The dog is definitely to large for normal velomobiles. But thats a genius picture of you both from the back. It made me smile this morning. Thanks for sharing it.

Auch wenn es leicht OT ist:
Die neuen 9er - insbesondere vermutlich M9 bei Deiner Größe - sind hinten auch extrem breit und bieten hinten etwas Platz für einen entsprechend verwegenen und nicht zu großen Hund.
Daniel (@Düsentriebin) selbst fährt zeitweise auch mit seiner "Momo" hinten drin.
Ich glaube ein Corgi ist auch nicht viel größer. Könntest Du mal überlegen oder probieren, da der Milan 4.2 ja recht selten / schwer zu bekommen und auch deutlich größer/schwerer ist.

Das hier war vom "Probesitzen" vor dem Stapellauf mit mir drin. Ich bin aber auch größer als Daniel, mit kleinerem Fahrer ist da etas mehr Platz:
1707287498509.jpeg

That is a good tip! Have not thought about the M9, being wide enough. Thanks!

That is a good tip! Have not thought about the M9, being wide enough. Thanks!
You'd have to see if it's comfortable enough for you and your Corgi. It may still be a little cramped and far back...
Maybe do some test ride at a dealer's first to see.
Obviously the dog won't be able to see much from this position - so it's the question if he likes or expects that or not.

But yes, it's quite wide. 80 cm at the widest point (around the front wheels) actually.
You can easily turn around while riding, fetch something etc. Things I could not do with my DF-XL, always had to stop and get out.

As the Milan 4.2 will probably not be available during the foreseeable future, looking at alternatives mght be a good idea. Besides the A9/M9, the Quatrevelo (formerly: Quattrovelo) might be interesting. It has space for a child, but may well work with a dog.

Yes QV is in my thoughts.
The axis and chain etc takes up a lot, big bump there. I want my dog horizontal. Dog does fit in the back, but little room above her hips. Still can be enough, but the top cannot be closed. So would have to ride that with top of. And create a hole with windows for her. (very short legs, she does not look over).
Would also think of a window in the M9, would have to be created. And you have good insight Christian. She might not like it being so low. And certainly I would not want to take her with me without her seeing the surroundings or enjoying herself.
Wondering how broad it is next to the seat on the left hand side. And how far back. And how broad is it say 40.cm behind the seat.
Will certainly testride etc.

Is the A9 same in the back?
I am 180 but relatively have a very long back... Do not fit in the smaller versions.
My old Quest, 3x20, is accually a bit to small. but only in winter

Would also think of a window in the M9, would have to be created.
I would like to see that... :)
Please make the VM yellow and make the window round.
And paint it like this:
1707313370675.png

I assume you would be too short to ride the A9 comfortably
That's why we are talking about the M9 currently.
Apart from the height the horizontal room should be quite similar to my A9 since it's the same chassis and design.

The M9 is even bigger in the rear because the manhole was moved forward a bit.

Is the A9 same in the back?
See above. The A9 is bigger for the rider, but that mages luggage room even a bit smaller.
So the M9 is actually bigger in the rear if I am not mistaken.
See:
index.php

yellow would be my favorite

Will certainly testride etc.
partly yellow and quite near to the Netherlands.

Another option could be a PONY4. There your dog could have a proper crate with sufficient room. A drawback could be the lower cruising speed for you, when riding and, of course, it is not as closed as a velomobile. I can imagine, that the sloping floor of the QV's trunk is not quite comfortable for a larger dog. But fingers crossed, that you can find a solution which fits for both of you.

I would say a dog want to keep it‘s nose into the wind. Thereby it needs it‘s own „doghole“ to put it‘s head outside seperated from your „manhole“.

On a one tadpole velomobile there is no room left at the deck for an extra „doghole“. A „doghole“ in the sidewall would probably a problem regarding stability of the velomobile shell.

Wouldn‘t be a dog-trailer attached to your velomobile a solution? Slow of course but quite easy to realize and available.

Hello Energiesparer and Reiffenq,
I really like the velomobile. So the solution should be somewhere in this world. I already have a trailer. Radical cyclone. Pretty great trailer, but slooowwww..... I started pretty quick after I got her using the trailer but on all the shorter routes Thokka on my lap is faster and therefor now 95% of the time she is on my lap. And I can put her in and out of the bike quick. Everywhere she can walk free she is allowed to.
Nose in the wind; totally agree.

Zurück
Oben Unten