Schlumpf MD Quattrovelo

I

Iesklepper

Although very satisfied with the performance of the mountaindrive in my new quattrovelo, I’m a bit disappointed about a constant crack in the bracket. The cause is stated to be a tiny mismatch between the Velomobiel housing and the Schlumpf axis.
Question: is there anyone who experienced the same discomfort and found the solution?

Although very satisfied with the performance of the mountaindrive in my new quattrovelo, I’m a bit disappointed about a constant crack in the bracket. The cause is stated to be a tiny mismatch between the Velomobiel housing and the Schlumpf axis.
Question: is there anyone who experienced the same discomfort and found the solution?

I have a similar problem with their BB housing for the Bafang BBS, the tube is too large and I am still adding shims to stop the motor moving on the drive side. I think this large BB tube helped break my other motor too...

I had the same issue with the MD in my Quattrovelo. Shims solved the problem. We used some thin stainless steel foil, but a piece of aluminium from e.g. a Coke can might also work.

Did you gave feedback on that to Theo or Velomobiel.NL? It seems to be a systematic issue, so it should be easily solved?

I had the same setup and there was no cracking noise.

Did you gave feedback on that to Theo or Velomobiel.NL? It seems to be a systematic issue, so it should be easily solved?
No, I didn‘t. But since the repair was done with @Elmi from whom I had purchased the QV, it is quite possible that he mentioned it to them.
Ideally, the mounting bracket should have the correct thread, and the Mointaindrive should screw in rather than just being thrown in with some shims to make up for the inaccuracy. But that would probably require more sophisticated machining, and I‘m not sure whether the technicsl possibilities are even available at Velombiel.ro or Velomobiel.nl.

Can somebody of you provide pictures of the issue and the solution? Or a sketch? Perhaps it is also something to put into wiki potentially and can help new riders to prevent damage ;-)

Zurück
Oben Unten