Race hood and bike helmet!?

Hi velonauts :=)

I'm a very happy owner of a Carbon Quest which I really enjoy riding. This time a year I like to use my Sinner race hood but then I can't wear my bike helmet (can't turn my head to the sides). I normally use my helmet every time when riding any of my bicycles why I would prefer not riding the Quest without helmet.

Are there a wider race hoods where it's possible to turn your head or more slim helmet?
- if not I might consider making my own sometime..

Looking forward to learn from your experiences.

(Note: head size 58cm and uses a Casco SPEED airo - picture is borrow from the internet)

Anhänge

• Casco_Speed-Airo-TCS-aero-road-helmet_actual-weight-336g_size-M.jpg
    Casco_Speed-Airo-TCS-aero-road-helmet_actual-weight-336g_size-M.jpg
    175,4 KB · Aufrufe: 87
Are there a wider race hoods where it's possible to turn your head
Yes, look at the "Sahnehaube" (DF hood for the Quest) CLICK. It is much wider than the Sinner race hood. I have both, Sinner hood at a Mango and a DF with DF hood. I have no problems to turn the head with helmet under the DF hood.

@Guzzi: Thanks for your fast reply. Where is it possible to buy this race hood? (sorry for my newbie question but couldn't find it)

Are there a wider race hoods where it's possible to turn your head or more slim helmet?

I got my "Sahnehaube" from velomobilcenter.dk
I can use my giro air attack under it but i touch the sides a bit when i turn me head.
You are wellcome to try it on i live in Fredericia so it is nearby.
P1000109.JPG P1000108.JPG

@Miras thanks for the pictures and invitation. I would like to drop by some day and see the hood - I'll send you a PM when I can find some time for a visit..

Zurück
Oben Unten