Aus dem Leben eines EVO-R

Bestenfalls 40 kmh
das ist tröstlich. Mit meinem Rotovelo, auf meiner kurzen Pendelstrecke, geht's nicht schneller. Ob ich das nach 100km auch noch könnte? Obwohl das R.V. den schlankeren A... hat, also von der Seite gesehen. Auch hat es nicht den Ruf, besonders schnell zu sein, sondern besonders leise.

Mein EVO-R habe ich im Februar 2015 bestellt. Da ich nicht 6 Monate warten wollte, hat mir Beyss das Vorführmodell angeboten. Ob dies nun ein Modell 2015 oder 2014 ist, das weiss ich nicht. A propos Links: Diese bilden sich automatisch. Ist wohl KI (künstliche Intelligenz) der Forum-Software.

A propos Links: Diese bilden sich automatisch. Ist wohl KI (künstliche Intelligenz) der Forum-Software.
Nö, ganz sicher nicht ... Das folgende ist einer Deiner Links, welche Du als Bild posten wolltest:
[IMG]http://content://com.samsung.android.email.attachmentprovider/1/15074/RAW[/IMG]

Ich würde sagen, Du musst mit Android wohl noch etwas üben ... :rolleyes:

Mich solls ja nicht kümmern. Ich bin nicht blond. Ich habe höchstens einen goldene Mantel. Aber wenn Blondinen selbst - wie auf der letzten Tagebuchseite - Sprüche über Blondinen machen, dann hat es weit runter geschneit. Mittlerweile habe ich auch die dritte Tagebuchseite gefunden:

Crest, 12.5.17

A trip with a velomobile is something special. If the road is sloping just a little bit and if the tarmac is smooth you have nothing to do except proper steering. You are flying through the landscape as pushed by a magic hand. But if the road gets only a little bit steep, all the magic is gone and you are crawling at pedestrian speed. But there is nothing to get upset about. The crawling part is where you have time to watch the birds and the flowers and above all, to drink water. Some poeple say that singing helps a lot. I haven't yet tried out that.

Todays trip had plenty of both. I left Voiron and - using small roads along the Isere river - reached Romans towards lunch time. Here I found the loveliest cafe with the most original advertising for cafe drinking.

20170512_125156.jpg

The weather god was a bit unkind in the afternoon. I carried on on small roads southwards but when the lightnings kept coming closer, I decided to seek shelter under the roof of an old washing house in Monteleger, where a bunch of elderly men were waiting. They had to give up their bowling session and were now very keen to tell me which way I have to take. That's why I ended up in Crest today.

Arriving in Crest the rain had stopped and the sun shone bright again. Crest is a lovely medieval town of some importance. At least in medieval times. It is built agains a steep hill with the highest defence tower of France. Many of the cobble stone roads from medieval time still exist. I'm glad that modern roads are a bit smoother. Otherwise I would never make it to Spain.

20170512_190012.jpg

Hintrrradfederung ist angenehm weich. Hat wohl 7 cm Federweg. Vorderradfederung ist für meinen Geschmack zu hart. Da muss ich demnächst etwas experimentieren.

Wie ist eigentlich ihr Gewicht? - Oder darf man das bei einer Schönheit nicht fragen.
Vielleicht Wabe wird ja nicht mehr sein.

Sollte man nicht. Aber ich verrate es trotzdem: 28 kg mit Schaumstoff-Sitzmatte, Hinterradbremse, Schlumpf und verlängerten Lenkhebeln. Die Schale ist Carbon nicht Wabe.

Ich denke es ist Ventisit. Ich habs meinem Bacchetta Giro 20 geklaut. Der hat jetzt was noch bequemeres.

Naja, das mit der Gelassenheit am Berg (auf der letzten Tagebuchseite) ist ja auch ein bisschen schöngeredet. Geärgert hat sich Dynamik darüber, dass ich so schwer bin. Hätt er halt ein bisschen weniger essen und dafür ein bisschen mehr trainieren sollen. Hier also die versprochene 4. Tagebuchseite:

Nimes, 13.5.17

This day started quite heavy with a climb of more than 400 m. I tried the "singing" today but all the birds stopped their lovely music. So I went back to drinking water in order to entertain myself. On top of the pass the view over the Rhone valley wath gorgeous. Far away you could - with a bit of imagination - make out the Roman theatre of Orange. And this was my next stop.

While I was having a crepe with marmalade and whipped cream just beside the Roman theatre some fotographers couldn't get enough pictures of my velomobile. They told me, they will send it to a bicycle magazine and that I should get a copy too.

20170513_134852.jpg
Roman theatre in Orange

The afternoon was a real treat. The road from Orange to Nimes is mostly flat with only a few minor hills. And if you don't break to much on the downhill part you can climb the next hill with very little effort. Thus I reached Nimes already at 5 o'clock and had covered 140 km.

Nimes is really worth a visit. The old town is like a maze of hundreds of small roads. Everything is well kept and clean. I found a lovely small restaurant. The food was excellent but the plates were rather small. At least not as big as my hunger.

20170513_193559.jpg
Maison Carre in Nimes

Distanzangaben von Velomobilfahrern sind in der Regel zuverlässig. Problematisch wird es bei Geschwindigkeitsangaben. Vor allem bei Durchschnittsgeschwindigkeiten. Ich hab mir erlaubt, im Garmin-Gerät von Dynamik etwas zu stöbern. Durchschnittswerte von 30 bis 40 kmh? Hab ich nirgends gefunden. Der beste Wert lag bei 25 kmh. Dazwischen gabs auch Tage mit 15 kmh (bezogen auf die reine Fahrzeit). War wohl ein Pass dabei.

Leucate, 14.5.17

Riding a velomobile requires specific skills. Especially on french roads, where they have a roundabout every 5 km. The main goal is to minimize energy loss. As soon as you see a glimpse of a roundabout, stop pedalling. To continue would be a waste of effort. Then you enter the roundabout at moderate speed. The first critical point is the center of the roundabout. Keep it at your left side. If you are too fast, there is no much harm done as there is plenty of leeway. The next crtical point is the curb stone edge at the right site of your exit. Here you won't have any leeway. If you are too fast you either hit the curb stone with your right wheel, which might be the end of the journey or your vehicle topples over and you hit the curbstone with your right shoulder, which is not much better.

Today I had really plenty of these roundabouts. I started in Nimes at 8 o clock. The hotel owner gave me a big bottle of Badoit water because he liked the way I was travelling. The sun shone bright and the air was fresh and above all the road was level and smoth. With the new roundabout technique I reached Sete before lunch time. Sete was as charming as ever. So many times we have been here, with and without bicycles. And it's always a treat to sit in one of those street restaurants along the canal enjoying a french meal and the mediterean sun.

20170514_115450.jpg
On a street restaurant in Sete

The second part of todays journey brought me from Sete to Narbonne. As it was still quite early I carried on towards Perpignan. Here the terrain started to be a bit more demanding. The ascents were steep and the descents were a bit too steep to just let it run. Especially with the nasty side wind.

In Leucate, after 225 km, I found a nice hotel close to the sea shore. Leucate is on a natural dam that forms a big lagune. They have a big harbour full of sailing boats and good restaurants. And this time the quantity was really sufficient.

20170514_201255.jpg
Harbour of Leucate

Uebung macht den Meister. Nach 6 Tagen Intensivtraining hat auch Dynamik die 200 km Marke geknackt. Ist auch gar nicht so schwierig mit einem stromlinienförmigen Wunder, wie ich eins bin.

Portbou, 15.5.17

Now I've made it. I have reached spanish territory after 6 days of pedalling. So far I've covered 800 km but there are still 1200 km left. There is a good chance that I'll make it to galicia.

I'm sitting in a quiet cove like harbour called Portbou. The waves are gently rolling onto the shore. Everything is quiet and peaceful except the boss of the restaurant. He is furiously shouting about in a mixture of spanish and french, probably the local dialect. As far as i got it, his wife didn't appear to help him and so he is a bit at a loss. Its a perfect commedy. One of the guests took care of me and brought me a glass of white wine and there is hope that i will get an evening meal too. Anchovies as entree and alitas de pollo con patatas fritas. Meanwhile the missing wife has appeared and things are going smoothly. And I got my anchovies and the alitas. They were a bit difficult to disassemble but tasty. When finally i asked the big boss for a desert he put three mini-madeleines in my hands. When finally i paid the bill he came with a bottle of wine as a present for good clients.

20170515_194344.jpg

Harbour of Portbou

When I started this morning I saw the pyrenees with snow white caps towering in front of me. I decided to cross the pyrenees where they are really low. And that is where they put there feet into the mediterrenean sea . But even there it's still quite demanding. You have to crawl over every single toe. Next time for shure I'll take a boat.

20170515_144153.jpg
Lunch in Banyuls-sur-mer

Die Schlauchlosreifen sind tatsächlich sehr gut. Hab alle vier Tage ein wenig nachgepumpt. Nach 1950 km hatte ich erstmals ein kleines Loch, das sich nicht selbst verschloss. Da ich vergessen hatte Dichtungsmilch mitzunehmen, habe ich kurzerhand Ersatzpneu und -schlauch aufgezogen. Am Ziel hab ich dann wieder den alten Schlauchlosreifen mit neuer Dichtungmilch montieren lassen. Läuft perfekt.

Wer mit mir unterwegs ist, kann sich wohl kaum über mangelnde Beachtung beklagen. Wo immer wir auch aufkreuzen, wir, bzw. ICH, sind der Mittelpunkt. Wer das nicht mag, sollte nicht mit mir kommen. Nun zur nächsten Tagebuchseite:

Sabadell, 16.5.17

In Portbou, where I found the lovely hotel of yesterday, I came across an inscription commemorating Walter Benjamin. In this house he came to death after 7 years of exile in different places of Europe. The actual circumstances of his death have never been cleared. Was it suicide or has he been killed?

I didn't know who Walter Benjamin was. So I checked in the Internet. And there I found the foto of the Walter Benjamin Memorial. I have seen this foto 10 years ago in a newspaper and I couldn't forget it. This memorial shows in an impressive way, how it must feel when there is no hope left.

20170516_084155.jpg

Walter Benjamin Memorial in Portbou

Here I was in Portbou by pure chance and stumbled over a treasure of art work. It's a staircase in a steel tunnel leading to nowhere. In the last page of his diary Walter Benjamin cited Kafkas words "Es gibt unendlich viel Hoffnung, nur nicht für uns".

Todays journey brought me from Portbou to Sabadell. It started with a few heavy ascents over the last few toes of the Pyrenees. Then the rugged landscape changed to a lovely fertile plain. I didn't mind. In Hostalric, a medieval town on a rock, I stopped for a short snack. There was huge interest for my contraption and the owner of the bar filled all my bottles with fresh water.

20170516_171443.jpg
A short stop in Hostalric

My first plan was then to pedal to Barcelona. As this would have been a little detour, I decided to go directly to Sabadell. I reckoned that it would also be easier to find a hotel room in Sabadell. How wrong I was! I guess all the conference poeple, who couldn't find a room in Barcelone are booked in in Sabadell. Eventually I got my room and a wonderful evening meal.

EVA trägt ja einen grosszügig verglasten Ausschnitt, oder ähnlich. Ist es nicht ziemlich warm darunter? Und würde man da eigentlich durch sehen, wenn es regnen würde?

"It never rains in California". Wenn ich nicht wüsste, dass die Velomobile hauptsächlich in Mitteleuropa entstanden sind, würde ich behaupten, dass sie Kinder Kaliforniens sind. Und das EVO-R ganz speziell.

Heiss ist es im EVO-R auch im Hochsommer nicht, wenn man offen fährt. Aber wenn's regnet wird es mit der Zeit etwas knapp mit der Panoramasicht. Dabei sind es weniger die Tropfen sondern vielmehr das Beschlagen der Scheibe auf der Innenseite, das stört.

Ich hab ja das Original-Top zersägt und nehm nur die vodere Hälfte mit. Damit hab ich bei leichtem Regen genügend Schutz und gemütlich warm ist es auch. Kommt die Sonne wieder, wird das halbe Top hinten aufgeschnallt. Mit dem halben Top montiert ist die Aerodynamik fast so gut wie mit dem ganzen Top. Ohne Top hingegen ist sie deutlich schlechter. Dafür ist die Seitenwindempfindlichkeit geringer.

Man kann schon alles haben im Leben, aber nicht alles gleichzeitig!

Zurück
Oben Unten