Agilo velomobile

schon etwas happig
Günstig! Jedes Telefon kostet mehr!
In der Annahme, dass das 1:1 Pläne und Stücklisten für ein richtig funktionierendes Fahrzeug sind, und dass da z.B. 6 Monate Entwickungsarbeit drin stecken (eher aber viel mehr), müsste der Ersteller viele Pläne zu 89.00 verkaufen um rauszukommen.
Ist doch toll, dass sich wieder ein Bausatz VM präsentiert, und sogar in Öko Bauweise.

Interessant. Wenn mann die bauplane hatt, und versteht was mann macht, kann mann auch schon ein bisschen weiter denken. Das hinterteil vollig abschliessen, denn sitz scheint auch ziemlich hoch uber denn boden.

Grusse, Jeroen

Günstig! Jedes Telefon kostet mehr!
In der Annahme, dass das 1:1 Pläne und Stücklisten für ein richtig funktionierendes Fahrzeug sind, und dass da z.B. 6 Monate Entwickungsarbeit drin stecken (eher aber viel mehr), müsste der Ersteller viele Pläne zu 89.00 verkaufen um rauszukommen.
Ist doch toll, dass sich wieder ein Bausatz VM präsentiert, und sogar in Öko Bauweise.

Sorry da war ich nicht korrekt genug. Der Preis an sich ist sicher angemessen, wenn man den auch eine ordentliche Dokumentation bekommt.
Man sollte da evt. Einsicht in ein aussagekräftiges Beispiel evt. auf Anfrage bekommen können um sich selbst ein Bild davon machen zu können, ist sicher auch gut machbar das man daraus dann nicht in der Lage ist das VM auch ohne zu bezahlen bauen zu können.

Sorry da war ich nicht korrekt genug. Der Preis an sich ist sicher angemessen, wenn man den auch eine ordentliche Dokumentation bekommt.
Man sollte da evt. Einsicht in ein aussagekräftiges Beispiel evt. auf Anfrage bekommen können um sich selbst ein Bild davon machen zu können, ist sicher auch gut machbar das man daraus dann nicht in der Lage ist das VM auch ohne zu bezahlen bauen zu können.

As I come from the world of amateur boat building (www.amateurboatbuilding.com) I have made several suggestions to Bodo Sitko about exactly these subjects. Although I haven't seen the plans, in my view they are not expensive enough - he needs return on investment - and that he should provide either what we call study plans or, the construction manual without plans for people to judge if they can/want to build or not.

Still waiting :whistle:

Da der Alleweder Bausatz nicht mehr angeboten wird, ist das die günstigste Methode an ein Velomobile zu kommen.
Da das fertige Fahrzeug bereits auf der Spezi vorgestellt wurde, gehe ich davon aus, dass die Schnittmuster passen und das Fahrzeug funktioniert.
Die Homepage sieht sehr gut aus, guckt 'mal drauf sitko-velo.de

Die Bauanleitung und das Schnittmuster können in Kürze an dieser Stelle bestellt werden. Du kannst uns gern eine kurze E-Mail schicken, wenn Du von uns über den Startzeitpunkt der Bestellmöglichkeit benachrichtigt werden möchtest.

Which means the plans are not available yet.

As far as i can tell this concept belongs to the "every day use" VMs as in contrast to the fast and light machines. Which means that it is a natural candidate for a VM pedelec.

Still waiting... :whistle:

Exactly the reason I will build one, as a daily driver. I will be adding a BBS01 clone (GSMoon, no longer available) a legal pedelec of course where the lowest speed will be 25 km/h, I already average 26-27 km/h with the same motor on an upright.

As it is a rather tall and chubby design (I quite like it) it should be relatively easy to be accepted in France where there are many quadricycles on the road. Explaining why there is no number plate and why it is parked on a bicycle parking space may be another story...

Time for an update.

I now have a list of most of the parts required:

- the entire font end/steering is from a Quest (as you may have guessed from my search post) so this is a proven geometry and the parts are easy to buy new.
- the rear swing arm/damper is from the LEIBA Classic
- 10 square metres of plywood (including off-cuts)
- 3 x 20" wheels

I have started a Google Sheets spreadsheet, which I will share later, it should be possible to build the velomobile for quite a bit less than 2000€ using cheaper components. Of course if you want a motor you will need >600€ more, but under 3000€ for a new hybrid velomobile is quite a good deal. Of course if you want Ginkgo high end wheels and a Rohloff... :rolleyes:

More news next week.

Should be interesting! I look forward to seeing the progress - sounds similar to my Alleweder in terms of approach (I also have a GSM crank drive, but did get the Rohloff rear wheel as the rear mech (derailleur) kept picking up dirt from the road).

From the photo's on the site, it look like a very short or wide velomobile. It might have to do with digital effects or screensize. I am interested in the dimensions. I like the construction details. I would think of a way to open up the acces to the side, below the seat. Also wondering if the seat is a stuctural part, laminated in the structure. And which thickness and woodtype plywood is advised.

As a boat builder u are probably familiar with lots of things already. I was learning the methodes and techniques as i was building my wooden velomobile. Lots of things i could have done better, cleaner, lighter. Also some spots might become unreachable later in the build, like the back of the tail.

Do not forget the cost of the epoxy and consumables. I expect u have most of the tools. Idler wheels are also not cheap.

After building one, and riding it for 7600 kilometers, i still think a wooden velomobile is a good option.

Jeroen.

Wheel track is 80 cm, body slightly narrower and length about 220 cm. It is very tall, eye height is 100 cm which is why the track is so wide I guess.

The seat is structural https://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/spezi-2017-29-30-04-2017.47046/page-9 this is the first prototype from 2017 Spezi, the body has changed (so that it is easier to build) but the interior is similar.

I am going to build in Joubert okoumé CTBX exterior grade ply. Birch is an option but heavier.

So it begins. I'll watch closely.

Do you have an Idea what colours you will paint it in?

This is really interesting. I'd like to build something like this too, hope you'll share progress pictures! :)

Are you going to use 3mm or 4mm plywood? Or a mix? Or even lighter?
What fiberglass thickness? 150 g/m² ? 200 gsm? Or could you go even lower with something like 50gsm?

The specified plywood is 3 mm. You can see on the site in the construction photos that places that need reinforcing get 2 or more layers.

No fibreglass is specified but I will put a layer of really light glass on the bottom and inside the wheel arches, everywhere will get a coat of epoxy. As I build I will have a better idea of where I need glass or not, I am also not hostile to using CF tape to reinforce critical areas, the goal is weight under 30 kg finished!

I have built a boat from a mix of ordinary and marine grade plywood, it was completely glassed, guess which one rotted? ... That boat lived for several years under a blackberry bush and then went on to do many miles on the ocean afterwards. At mooring in the middle of the photo, it was on the hard at every low tide, the marks on the side are from a few storms...

mooring.jpg

CF Tape = Carbon Fibre?
There is nothing wrong about building vehicles from wood. I have been to the German Gliding Museum on the Wasserkuppe several times already, always admiring those incredibly light and strong airplanes. And there also were the De Havilland Mosquito and Vampire fighters of World War II or later, definitely no slow and easy going lightplanes.
Good luck with your project, I will follow it with greatest interest!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Poplar is 420 kg/m3
Birch is 700 kg/m3
Okoumé is 500 kg/m3

Weight is directly linked to tensile strength so Okoumé is a good balance between light weigh and strength. The epoxy only fills the pores and most of it is sanded off before painting, the legend that epoxy penetrates wood is exactly that, a legend. Epoxy encapsulates wood making it waterproof.

Zurück
Oben Unten