Reifen 559 für WAW mit Federung / 559 tyre for WAW with suspension

Liebe Freunde
(Mit Entschuldigung für Sprachprobleme - dies wurde von DeepL übersetzt. Das englische Original befindet sich unten).

Ich habe ein WAW 2017 gekauft, das Ende dieser Woche eintreffen sollte.

Er hat derzeit einen Marathon Plus (35-559) Reifen auf der Rückseite. Ich würde etwas mit etwas Grip bevorzugen.

Katanga schlägt vor, dass man auf einen WAW mit Federung nur einen 35mm-Reifen montieren kann. Hat jemand Erfolg damit gehabt, einen breiteren Reifen zu montieren?

Ich würde gerne den Contact Urban ausprobieren - aber die kleinste Größe ist 47-559. Falls nicht, schlagen Sie bitte einen guten Reifen in der Größe 35-559 vor, der guten Grip bei Nässe/Kälte bietet, ohne zu zerbrechlich zu sein?

Danke,
Phil

--

Dear friends

I have bought a 2017 WAW which should arrive later this week.

It currently has a Marathon Plus (35-559) tire on the back. I would prefer something with some grip.

Katanga suggest that you can only fit a 35mm tyre in a WAW with suspension. Has anyone had success fitting a wider tyre?

I'd like to try the Contact Urban - but the smallest size is 47-559. If not, please suggest a good tyre in 35-559 that gives good grip in the wet/cold without being too fragile?

Thanks,
Phil

I shall answer my own question.

Stephane from Katanga has advised you can go up to 40mm wide on the front (or 42 if you can cope with rubbing in tight turns).
On the rear you can go up to 42mm wide with suspension. Any more than that will cause rubbing in some corners.

I thought this might be useful for somebody searching in the future.

I just came along while looking for input regarding new tires...
So for the record: Marathon Racer 40-406 in front and Marathon Supreme 42-559 are running really fine in a WAW with suspension (built 2017). The Marathon Supreme on the rear gave excellent lateral guidence on about 15tkm by now. I had to scrub off 1mm at the tail's wheel cutout, that's all.

Zurück
Oben Unten