Milan Seat cracking

I just wanted to put out a quick question, has anyone else had problems with their Milan seat cracking. If you have had issues in the past what was your best solution. I’m currently on my second seat and it’s cracking in the same location as the first one. note, I ride with the seat in a very reclined position.

Anhänge

• 35561A61-CC10-40BB-BFB2-A7FEFD823848.jpeg
    35561A61-CC10-40BB-BFB2-A7FEFD823848.jpeg
    304,3 KB · Aufrufe: 95
I had the same problem but slighty in the front of the hinge. I've strengthened it with some additional layers of carbon fiber but after two years it's cracking again in the same location. Might have been too few layers, though.

My first seat began cracking after only a couple of months, I had it replaced and was working great for about four months and then the same issue. I glued in a carbon patch on both sides front and back but it didn’t last very long. I think the reclined siting position is the main cause. The front of the seat sits up to high and flexes to much while pedaling.

The layer that breaks no longer holds anything. So you have to add to it accordingly.
The front of the seat sits up to high and flexes to much while pedaling.
For this reason, I have now had to change my seat specifically for reclining positions. But not because the seat breaks, but because the edge can then also irritate the muscles.

I find a reclined position very comfortable, but at the 1 hour mark my lower leg and foot start to cramp up an go numb. I don’t know if the seat is causing that or not. The cracking may be caused by the seats pivot position. Leaning forward and back while entering and exiting the Milan.

That sounds like irritation and can come from too much pressure from the edge. I can hardly say whether this is solvable.

I will have some time over the winter to make some modifications to the seat. I just need to figure out which direction to take.

I have the problem that the lower end ist too high/ too long and it hits the upper end of the leg when stretching it. This is uncomfortable and seems to interfere with the blood circulation and causes muscle cramps.

There is the theory that the fater your butt the higher you sit and your legs won't touch. But how to achieve a fat butt? :unsure: I already drink lots of beer, but it does not help...

I have the problem that the lower end ist too high/ too long and it hits the upper end of the leg when stretching it. This is uncomfortable and seems to interfere with the blood circulation and causes muscle cramps.

There is the theory that the fater your butt the higher you sit and your legs won't touch. But how to achieve a fat butt? :unsure: I already drink lots of beer, but it does not help...
Yep, beer just give me a fat gut, I’ve been playing with cleat position (mid foot) and switched to speedplay pedals. Definitely more comfortable. Now to just figure out the best seat configuration.

There is the theory that the fater your butt the higher you sit and your legs won't touch.
Oh, that could be the reason that I feel extremely comfortable with the Milan seat. Up to 13 hours in the seat during my maiden trip and no problems whatsoever. If you like, I can give you some diet proposals.

Mine is also starting to crack again, this time near the hinge on both sides. Apparently it cracked many years ago somewhere on the upper part but was strengthened by Räderwerk.

My MK2 seat is cracked since years and I continue using it happily. It happens to be supported just right by the VM floor. Living hinge? :ROFLMAO:

Zurück
Oben Unten