Karosseriebausatz € 1900.-
sogar mit revolutionärer Federung..

Anhänge

• Bild 2015-01-06 um 11.08.16.jpg
    Bild 2015-01-06 um 11.08.16.jpg
    64,8 KB · Aufrufe: 475
@heisseiliger Scherzkeks.

Google Translate meint:
- Fiber Glasepoxidharz Körper, durch die Form hergestellt. Gewicht: 31 kg. Komplett mit Beleuchtung, Blinker, Windschutzscheibe mit Plexiglas, mit RAL-Farbe Ihrer Wahl lackiert. Alle Anpassungen sind möglich für die Farben.

- Vorderrad 20 ", Scheibenbremsen, Hinterrad 26", Shimano 8-Gang-Getriebe, vor dreifache Krone, Schalensitz Glasfaser, ausfahrbare Ausleger. Geeignet für die Höhe zwischen 160 bis 200 cm

http://www.dreamcycle.it/Zephyrus__velomobile/p2589576_11858933.aspx

Hi to you all, first of all please excuse my bad english (I don't speak German).
I introduce myself, I am Marco, one of the two builders of the Velomobile Zephyrus. I would just to tell you that the price you see is for the first 5 velomobiles, as you read. The aim for this year is to make 5 "beta test" velos, to test and develop the Zephyrus with the help of 5 customers, of course at a reduced price. I hope that with the help of them all we will be able to fix all the details that could be perfectible. Afther this period, if everything will be ok, we will sell the optimized version of the Zephyrus at full price that will be probably about 1000 Euros more (but we will know only at the end of the test). At the moment we have some italian buyers. I think that is the simplest way for us to follow the development of the vehicle due to the limited distance.

The Zephyrus project is something different from other velomobiles. When we started we wanted something not extra fast, not an extreme performanche machine but something quite fast that could be used by everyone. That is the reason of the 1.05 m tall, 80 cm whide and 2.6 long body. Secondary, we wanted people to enter the cockpit as easily as we could. We made a very long front door, so that people from 1.6 to 2.0m tall can comfortably enter. The hood is even very large, so that people has some space to move the head and have a good visibility.
As for the mechanical part, the body only partially supports the wheight of the all velomobile, infact there is an aluminum central structure to which are connected two swinging arms; it is not the common McPherson suspension. Maybe it is not the lighter way to build a velomobile but this gave us the possibility to make an extra light body and a very precise suspension that can be easily customize (camber, width, ackermann). We can use every mtb shock absorbers (at the moment we are testing some air mtb downhill shocks) and many other components are taken from mtb bikes (like the rear aluminum swing arm), so that the cost of the entire velomobile can be reduced. The weight of the first 001 Zephyrus that you see in the photos is 32 kg, complete with electrical system. This is the "base" version, we will also make an high performance version, designed for low weight and high speed. Soon we will show you all tech details and some new (nicer) videos.
If you have some questions, please tell me.
Bye!

Hi Marco,

welcome and thank you for the explanation.

Can you post photos from the aluminium central structure and the suspension?

This is the cockpit (not the best finished final version but the actual testing 001 version). In the first photo you can see the two swinging arms and the steering system. Under the seat you can see the aluminum structure reinforced with fiberglass-carbon fiber to wicht is connected the rear swinging arm (not in the photos). In the last one you can see the external part of the front arm, with the shock absorber (spring version).

20141223_143010.jpg 20141223_141510.jpg 20141223_142939.jpg

And this is the rear suspension and wheel:
received_897810970237247.jpeg

Please note, once again, it is not perfectly refined but full working ready for hard testing.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
An other thing I would like to explain: at the beginning of the project we started with the idea to put a fairing on a trike, in particular a Kmx Venom. That was an easy way to build a sort of velomobile. But after some weeks of tests, we decided it was not the best way. The bigger problem was that without any suspensions it was impossible to drive comfortably and secondary it was impossible to make some modification we wanted to add. So we decided to make a chassis by our own, the one you see in the photos. The external body of the velomobile remains the same of that initial project but inside we added many reinforcements and modifications. Anyway we still have a special version of the body that can be used with a trike.

Does your interesting frame affect the noise positively, or are it's main points mechanical precision and cost effectiveness? Will the chain stay open exposed, are there plans to enclose it? And will there be options for gearing, or is it restricted to alfine hub or other hub gearboxes?

Hallo ihr Spezialisten,
wie funktioniert das mit 2 Scheibenbremsen, die durch einen Bremshebel betätigt werden,an den Vorderrädern? Wirkt das nicht einseitig? Können die Bremsen verstellt werden, wenn es beim Bremsen nach rechts oder links zieht, oder muss man damit dann einfach leben?
Ansonsten sind in den Velomobilen doch nur Trommelbremsen verbaut, oder?

Christian

Does your interesting frame affect the noise positively, or are it's main points mechanical precision and cost effectiveness? Will the chain stay open exposed, are there plans to enclose it? And will there be options for gearing, or is it restricted to alfine hub or other hub gearboxes?

Well, we are currently testing these new suspension. At the moment I can tell you they behave well and they are very sharp and precise on the road. And I think that air suspensions will be better than the actual spring shock abstorber, in particular for noise inside the cockpit. I have not driven many other velomobiles so at the moment I can not make a correct comparation but I will soon (Mango e maybe Waw, but I have already driven an Alleweder). As for the chain we can put some plastic tubes to protect from getting dirty but we would prefer to let the chain partly exposed and not completly hidden, at the moment. Mechanical operations con be easier done. I don't now in the future, it depends on what our beta testers will tell us...
As for the gearing, it is a completlely free choise. At the moment we use a triple front crankset 52-42-30 and a 13-28 at the rear (on my prototype version a 11-28 cassette hub) but we can use whatever we would like.

Hallo ihr Spezialisten,
wie funktioniert das mit 2 Scheibenbremsen, die durch einen Bremshebel betätigt werden,an den Vorderrädern? Wirkt das nicht einseitig? Können die Bremsen verstellt werden, wenn es beim Bremsen nach rechts oder links zieht, oder muss man damit dann einfach leben?
Ansonsten sind in den Velomobilen doch nur Trommelbremsen verbaut, oder?

Christian

The two front disk brakes are operated with the right brake lever. The left lever is used for the rear disck brake even though it is commonly used as a parking brake. The right lever can be adjusted to let the two front wheel brake well balanced, you just need some patience to make this regulation perfectly done. Sorry but I can not undestand the question about drum brakes...

This is a video of the italian HPV championship in Monza, last june. I raced with the Kmx version (not the actual version) and I was second in the velomobile class . I was not very fast but many velos coluld not finish the race (but I did)...
This prototype version is made of fiberglass and not carbon fiber, so it is quite heavy (about 40 kg) and it is the version I am still using to go to work every day (but transformed in the new "velomobile" suspended version):

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I am not shure how your frontsuspension works
Is it possible to get a little scetch?
It is, in my eyes, geniuous as it works with standard dampers

I will post a video, as soon as I can.
Yes, the main aim is to use standard mtb dampers, have a good steering precision, regulation and comfort. Similar suspensions are use in autocross single seater buggies, called kart cross, that are off road racing vehicles, with motorcycle engines. This is that kind of suspension modified for human powered vehicles.

Versteh ich das richtig?
Das ist eine art pendelachse ohne gelenke (ausser lenkung) aussen, die den sturz beim einfedern verändert.

Che macchina bella! Quando sono stato in Italia negli anni 80/90 i genti me hanno deridato quando ho raccontato qualcosa della Leitra et altri primi velomobili...

Auf deutsch:
Was für ein schönes Gerät! Als ich in den 80-er und 90-er Jahren in Italien war, haben mich die Leute ausgelacht, wenn ich ihnen ihnen von der Leitra und anderen frühen Velomobilen erzählt habe...

Zurück
Oben Unten