World Championships 2020 / Cycle Vision / A race in the park

Kann man seine Daten nachträglich irgendwie ändern?:X3:

- This is a pre-registration. In the definitive registration you can enter the correct information.
- If you want to modify the pre-registration anyway, go to the registration page and press unregister/uitschrijven.
You can then start the registration again
This is a primitive process indeed, the limited energy of our web masters is going into creating a new web platform which isn't yet ready.
- You can edit your User Profile to edit email/phone/address.

A concept race schedule has just been posted in the HPVWC2018 facebook group.
Here is the direct link to the document:

Super, dass es einen vorläufigen Plan gibt!

Dass das bike courier race im angegebenen Modus zur Gesamtwertung zählen soll, ist ein Witz, oder? Die Idee ist ja ganz witzig, aber so kann man auch dafür sorgen, dass den Sport außerhalb der Community niemand ernstnimmt. :cry:
Wie wäre es noch mit VM-Spartan, also über Hindernisse wuchten, durch Teiche fahren und so? Das ist gerade hip. :censored:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks. I get it. A fun race, mixing it up a bit, all with good intentions, I'm sure.
My point is that it has nothing to do with serious racing. If I tell athlete friends of mine from other sports about the HPV-Worlds, I don't know what to say about the courier race. I'd be ashamed to tell people that race was part of the ranking.
Sorry for being so blunt, in my opinion it's a bit of a joke that should not be part of the classement generale -- except in the bike courier WC, of course.

But seriously now: thank you for organising the event! I have a good understanding of how much work it is, I'm looking forward to it and I really appreciate your efforts. (y)(y)(y)

Witzig ... noch lustiger würde es werden, wenn A und X weiter nach rechts rücken, also man durch X knapp 900m sparen könnte. Außerdem über 2-3 Runden statt nur eine. Am liebsten noch in Teamwertung, wobei ein Team aus gemischten Fahrzeugkategorien bestehen sollte.

Dennoch schließe ich mich den anderen an. Als Wertung im offiziellen Ranking nicht angemessen. Als Spaßveranstaltung sicher interessant.

Ausserhalb der Szene werden wir sowieso nicht ernst genommen. Und innerhalb der Szene ist immer alles bierernst :ROFLMAO:

Here is a bit of background to the bike courier race.
During the evolution of recumbents in the 80s, there was a big mental fight in the Netherlands between manufacturers like M5/Optima (arguing for strict class definitions), Flevobike/Challenge (wildly experimentlng), and velomobile builders (practical streamlines).
All these bikes raced together, but strict class definitions never came, apart from the very rough categories UF,PF and FF.
Unfaired riders started to loose interest in racing because Velomobiles always won.
The Dutch HPV Club's answer to this was to design races that stress different skills of the bike. We are in the situation that we have to hail all sails to keep participation levels up at our races, and therefore I see it as my mission to organize at least one race (with 50 out of a total of 650 points) that gives unusual suspects a chance to beat he elite. Experience tells that if this race doesn't count, the elite will not risk it. To sell it to your friends, just call it a race with a double Le Mans start in the middle. You can ask your own crew to hold your bike during the B to C event.

If you want to practice: this is a fragment from the Dutch TV series 'Sprint!' from 2005/6

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Fees are undecided. At CycleVision 2018 we charged 40 for participating in all races. Maybe there is a price increase, but nothing spectacular, unless we decide to go for fancy features like this (picture: Jochem Leemans, Amsterdam Sloten):

Da verzichte ich als Velomobilfahrer lieber auf den Start bei diesem „bike courier race“ Mensch und Maschine werden es mir danken und konzentriere mich ernsthaft auf die anderen Rennen. Hier kann man nichts gewinnen aber viel verlieren! Zuschauen werde ich aber, wird bestimmt lustig und kurzweilig.

To sell it to your friends, just call it a race with a double Le Mans start in the middle.
Thanks, but no. My friends would still laugh at me and ask why I was making the effort to drive all the way for such a no-event and whether the organisers were making fun of serious athletes.
What I am actually going to tell them is "It has historical roots in the Netherlands. Yes, it's completely unnecessary nowadays, because there are three categories, but for nostalgic reasons that nobody else gets they kept it anyway. And, yes, I'm not going to participate and make a complete fool of myself."

Look, I might even be quite good at it: I am a middle distance guy who races a Milan SL which I could use without the hood for that race. I am also an okay runner. But that is not the point. Ask a road cyclist or a speed skater about it. Do you think they would participate in something like that? They would either laugh at you or look for the hidden cameras or turn and walk away.

I have been doing some serious sports on a decent level for some decades. I'm rather new to HPV-racing, and it's great fun. Yes, it's a small comunity and all, but, sorry, that way it's not going to grow sports-wise. That race format is ridiculous. The more I think of it, the less I can believe it.
I am still waiting for the moment you say "LOL, got you there!!! Man, you did really believe this :LOL: ?!?!?! Awesome!" How about a single lap race instead?

Like @Axel-H I'm not going to participate. I might not even watch. ...
... It actually makes me think whether I want to be part of the whole thing. I'm totally confused right now, and I don't feel taken seriously.

Ich finde das eine tolles Rennen, zu viel Ernst kann einer Veranstaltung sehr wohl schaden und die Teilnehmerzahlen in allen Rennen die einzig um die Zeit gehen sind doch eher rückläufig.

die Teilnehmerzahlen in allen Rennen die einzig um die Zeit gehen sind doch eher rückläufig
Mag sein, mag aber auch nicht sein. Denk nur an Marathon- und Ultraläufe, Radrennen usw. Pure sportliche Leistung hat große Anziehungskraft.

Und für diejenigen, die das nicht mehr verstehen, gibt es Spartan racing, Ninja Warrior usw. Aber dabei geht es um Spektakel zu Geschäftszwecken unter dem Deckmantel sportlicher Leistung, weniger um Sport. Der Sport verkommt zur Unterhaltung.

Fortius, altius, citius! :cool:

Zurück
Oben Unten