Wie macht man Meufl Kurbelwelle? How to make Meufl crank shaft?

Hello, I am from Australia and speak English.

I am interested in making one of these pedal crank shafts but I don't know what bearings to use, how to mount the bearings to the frame or the crank shaft and I cannot find clear diagrams of this device. Do diagrams exist that clearly explain the device? I can use my imagination but I am not an expert so it would be inaccurate.

Thank you for your help.

Ich bin daran interessiert, eine dieser Pedalkurbelwellen herzustellen, aber ich weiß nicht, welche Lager ich verwenden soll, wie ich die Lager am Rahmen oder an der Kurbelwelle montieren soll, und ich kann keine klaren Diagramme dieses Geräts finden. Gibt es Diagramme, die das Gerät klar erklären? Ich kann meine Vorstellungskraft benutzen, aber ich bin kein Experte, also wäre es ungenau. Danke für Ihre Hilfe.

Es gibt einen aktuelles Thema zur Kurbelwelle, ich such es nachher mal raus.
Willkommen im Forum!
Gruß Krischan

Da ist es. Vll weiß @Levin mehr?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Es gibt einen aktuelles Thema zur Kurbelwelle, ich such es nachher mal raus.
Willkommen im Forum!
Gruß Krischan

Da ist es. Vll weiß @Levin mehr?
Thank you very much, I saw Meufl style vehicles on this forum so I see it is the right place to ask about the crank shaft.

Vielen Dank, ich habe in diesem Forum Fahrzeuge im Meufl-Stil gesehen, also sehe ich, dass es der richtige Ort ist, um nach der Kurbelwelle zu fragen.

Soweit ich weiß legt Harald großen Wert darauf dass in den Knicken jeweils ovale Knotenbleche eingeschweißt werden. WIG würde ich annehmen. Ob er das bei den carbonwellen auch so macht weiß ich nicht.

Hi and welcome!
How to make one of these pedal crank shafts depends on your aim and your possibilities (tools, technics and materials)

Shall it be for a sociable or a one-seater?
If it will be a sociable do you want to sit in the center on solo-rides?
Will the vehicle become narrow ore wide?

The choice of bearings also depends on the options: There are closed ball bearings, divisible bearings (by Igus ;-), and even ready-made pedalboard pedals.

If you plan to build a Copy of an MEUFL-“Asphalttretboot” aka streetpedalboat
best is to get a copy of Harald Winklers Building-describtion.
If that’s the case we can help you to get one…

The possible simplest way i know is done by @b-greifen - as to be seen here:
10A83E83-AB39-4363-84DC-C189A3134743.jpeg
Wer die Dateien zum Selbstausdrucken der Pedale haben möchte, kann sich gerne bei mir unter meinem nickname@web.de melden
So if you want to have the files to print the pedals yourself or ask him, how he did the crank it’s possible to contact him at his nickname@web.de

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@Christoph Moder ich hab in Erinnerung das er sagte dass durch durch den Überstand der Plättchen kein Schweißzusatz nötig ist und es mir danach zusammengereimt. @rikschaprofi du hast doch mal mit ihm eine Kurbelwelle gebaut. Weißt du noch Details?

Hi and welcome!
How to make one of these pedal crank shafts depends on your aim and your possibilities (tools, technics and materials)

Shall it be for a sociable or a one-seater?
If it will be a sociable do you want to sit in the center on solo-rides?
Will the vehicle become narrow ore wide?

The choice of bearings also depends on the options: There are closed ball bearings, divisible bearings (by Igus ;-), and even ready-made pedalboard pedals.

If you plan to build a Copy of an MEUFL-“Asphalttretboot” aka streetpedalboat
best is to get a copy of Harald Winklers Building-describtion.
If that’s the case we can help you to get one…

The possible simplest way i know is done by @b-greifen - as to be seen here:
Anhang anzeigen 264905

So if you want to have the files to print the pedals yourself or ask him, how he did the crank it’s possible to contact him at his nickname@web.de

The aim is to make a fast delta velomobile with one rear wheel drive, rear suspension (maybe front suspension as well), no idler wheels and a narrow track width. Similar to the Varna trike.

I can use my MIG welder, angle grinder and hand drill to build with steel and I am learning to use carbon fiber.

One seater.
Narrow.

Ziel ist es, ein schnelles Delta-Velomobil mit einem Hinterradantrieb, Hinterradaufhängung (vielleicht auch Vorderradaufhängung), ohne Laufräder und einer schmalen Spurweite herzustellen. Ähnlich wie das Varna-Trike.
Ich kann meinen MIG-Schweißer, Winkelschleifer und Handbohrer verwenden, um mit Stahl zu bauen, und ich lerne, Kohlefaser zu verwenden. Einsitzer. Schmal.

Anhänge

• 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    107,5 KB · Aufrufe: 20
  • 20211004_163059.jpg
    20211004_163059.jpg
    159,7 KB · Aufrufe: 20
Steel, 30mm diameter and 40x20 mm
For the pedals Bearings from Igus 30mm
1CFE8675-8D12-49C2-A1CB-5BDADA81C764.jpegAFC99322-7E53-40FB-BA97-26ADA0F86481.jpeg10F9F927-AB44-4FAC-8C9B-D055E29CA781.jpeg4BB1C4FC-2C3B-4B90-931D-8EB4EF9B171C.jpeg

Anhänge

• 2ACFA61B-D6F0-4D6A-8679-A212BAD012F2.jpeg
    2ACFA61B-D6F0-4D6A-8679-A212BAD012F2.jpeg
    120,8 KB · Aufrufe: 7
  • 21BF9E26-908A-4AD4-955F-FD4D3635EE84.jpeg
    21BF9E26-908A-4AD4-955F-FD4D3635EE84.jpeg
    152,3 KB · Aufrufe: 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@Christoph Moder ich hab in Erinnerung das er sagte dass durch durch den Überstand der Plättchen kein Schweißzusatz nötig ist und es mir danach zusammengereimt. @rikschaprofi du hast doch mal mit ihm eine Kurbelwelle gebaut. Weißt du noch Details?
Das haben wir mit WIG geschweißt.
Die Argonflasche mußte ich allerdings mitbringen. Wenn er damit sparsam war ist da noch was drin...

Das mit den ovalen Scheiben mit Überstand habe ich auch so in Erinnerung. Da wo was fehlte mußte dann eine Speiche dran glauben...

Gruß Heiko Stebbe Lübeck

IMG_20211030_220549.jpgIMG_20211030_215927.jpgThese are the bearings, used by Harald Winkler in his Carbon-ATB. Ball bearings with 40mm inner diameter for the pedals, self aligning ball bearings with 6mm inner diameter for the crankshaft. 40x1mm steel tube. For my one seater we used 30mm tubes and bearings. The pedal bearings are press fitted, the crankshaft bearings are screwed to a nut, which is welded to the crankshaft. There is an oval metal sheet inside every weld.

Zurück
Oben Unten