erledigt Versatile 017 - "Bertie" - 2.500€

For Sale – Versatile 017 (Bertie), 2.500€ Festpreis (no offers)
This is the earlier version of the Orca. I think Bertie dates from 2007 or 2008.

IMG_20190517_123807.jpg

I am selling my second Flevobike Versatile, “Bertie”, as I don’t use him as I use my Milan instead.

I bought Bertie nearly two years ago from someone on the Velomobilforum as a work-in-progress crash repair with the idea to use him on rainy days as the Milan is leaky. The reality is that there are only a few rainy days per year and paying rental for another garage to store the Versatile is not very cost-efficient!

I had Gerrit Tempelman in Dronten finish the repairs and Bertie worked well afterwards.

In the original accident the aluminium frame where the door fits was bent. This has been straightened to an acceptable level but the door closure is not as good as it should be. This has not caused me any problems.
After-crash-1.jpg

Tempelman did the Rohloff Service in 2018 and Bertie has done just 790km with me in the last 18 months. Thus I am selling him.
You can read more about Bertie's repairs in my blog here: http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk/thirteen-wheels-in-germany-july-2018-month-52/

Price: 2.500€. No negotiation on price.

Specification:

Rohloff 14 speed
SPD/combi pedals
70mm drum brakes
New wheels August 2018
Panzerlenkung
Versatile roof
6V lighting system
1 battery (usual Velomobiel.nl type)
2 x B&M 60 Lux lights to the front (upgrades) + one rear light
Hooter/horn
Front wheels have Schwalbe Marathon which are slightly too large (so scrape on hard cornering), rear wheel has Schwalbe Energiser.

I do not know how many kilometres Bertie has covered but I think not too many. I know the first owner, Peter, and it was he who had the accident. It seems that the bike was in a scrapyard waiting to be repaired for many years before being purchased and slowly repaired.

Please note that it is NOT possible to fit an electric assist to the Versatile.

Anhänge

• IMG_20181021_175332.jpg
    IMG_20181021_175332.jpg
    220,3 KB · Aufrufe: 364
  • IMG_20181029_113240.jpg
    IMG_20181029_113240.jpg
    161,7 KB · Aufrufe: 376
  • IMG_20190123_075810.jpg
    IMG_20190123_075810.jpg
    152,8 KB · Aufrufe: 374
I’m not sure. Shoe size no problem, and the pedal box can be moved forward (although this is something Tempelman in Dronten should do, I wouldn’t want to try it myself), but I don’t know exactly.

My friend Jochen rode my first Versatile for a week and he is a big chap, over 1,90 tall and very broad-shouldered. Bertie’s pedal box is not so far forward in the nose though.

If it's the same pedal box as on the orca, it's pretty easy : unbolt x8, turn, rebolt. You just need to be carefull not to lose the boltholders (or have a magnet fisher...)

Hi Auntie Helen,
do you have some actual pics from the inside? What ready-to-ride-weight does Birtie have?
Thanks in advance!
BR Jens

Hi Jens,

i don’t have any interior pictures at the moment (Bertie is stored elsewhere) but he looks the same inside as my Versatile Penelope did - except without the same electronics box with LEDs on the left wheel arch and the floor mats.

Here are the pics of Penelope's interior:

index.php

index.php

I'll see if I can get into the other garage to take some interior shots of Bertie but he is basically the same as this!

Helen

So I have now taken some more photos of Bertie for you after giving him a bit of a wash.

The photos show that when closed the lid does not fit perfectly. This is due to the accident damage. This has not been a problem for me.

The Versatile Dach was new when I got Bertie.

Bertie floor.jpgBertie from above.jpgBertie from side with Versatile Dach.jpgBertie from side.jpgBertie interior.jpgBertie looking inside.jpgBertie rear storage.jpgBertie soft closure.jpgBertie steering area.jpg
Please note I am likely to swap the tyres on the front - they are Marathons which are a bit too large. I will probably put Shreddas on.

The rear tyre is an Energizer Plus.

Many thanks for the new pics...she looks great...regarding her damages ;-)
I'm very interested...but at the moment, regarding the Corona-Crisis, i cannot visit you. And it's also far away from Salzburg (AT).
I'll send you a PN.
BR Jens

Yes, corona is making everything complicated!

Bertie is a ‘he’;)

oh, and I didn’t answer your previous question about weight. I haven’t weighed Bertie but Penelope was 45kg in normal use. I think Bertie is a bit lighter (different plastics used), maybe 42kg.

Hi Auntie Helen,
I'm also very interested and I am also having troubles with the pandemic restrictions. But there is talk that the DK->DE border might open the 15th of May, I will try to keep following the news and see when something could be possible.

Would love to check if I fit inside.

Especially as I'm really big and heavy.

But the idea to be “inside“ it's too good!

You can come and try Bertie if you wish.
It is not possible to fit a motor in the Versatile, as I wrote above.

Hi again,
The borders are finally open, so I am ready to go across and take a look at Bertie. Is he still for sale and are you available next weekend (26-28 June)?

Hi trafikselskabet,

yes, I am here next weekend, although was originally planning to take my trike to Dronten for a service on the Saturday. I could postpone that for one week if Saturday is best for you, but Sunday is free anyway. Friday afternoon I finish work around 13:00.
I will send you a PN with my phone number.

Zurück
Oben Unten