VelomobileWorld-Konversation

It gets worse if you want to mount stuff that's not on the list at all (Ginkgo wheels, aluminium/Igus rods, Schlumpf, Tank steering that requires different shifters and brake levers.) You end up with a box full of nearly new parts that gets dusty in your garage. We should loop them back to Romania for re-use. On the other hand I understand that this can only be efficiently manufactured if there are not too many options. Maybe all should be reduced to the most economic option. That avoids option difficulties/mistakes entirely. And tuning/pimping is then fully up to the end user or his least mistrusted mechanic.

Don't take this for serious. I was just thinking loud.
It hard to organise a production if we need to find the exact tuning wishes from the client. That's why wee keep it with a couple of options in order we can do the best we can.

Hi Jan,

I assume that @DoktorHh refer to the mounting of the front wheels like the DF.
I would be also easier for those people who own A7 and DF to use different wheel sets on both VMs ;) , if the A7 has the same front axle design.
I think as wel but maybe there is some genius design avaible which I dont need to do again. Better ask than assume

To avoid diving through under the belt and ruining all your internals while doing so, leaving more damage than without, you'd need a 5-point belt as in a kids trailer. And that 5th point hurts :oops: No sure if you can convince any man to put that on.
Or a fall arrest harness that does not look like anyone can cycle in it without getting sore.

For the rest. Is Jan the guy to discuss velomobile concepts? Not my business, but wondering...
The discussion if a velomobile is safe, is always a discussion because you are different as others. That's kick of for there pr-assumption that it is not safe.
I am not sure if a harnes will help a lot. I am not sure who want to use it.

Oh Jan,
I'm aware that Breaza is one hour ahead of us in terms of time zones. But don't work too much. I was a bit shocked, when I saw the time stamp of your message: 04:52 o'clock in the morning :oops:.

Hallo Jan,
first of all to order a Velomobile was one of my best decissions in the last decade. In principle I'm happy with my df xl-000658 delivered in december 2020.

Nice to see that you are interrested in possible improvements. Here is my list:

Communication :
* why is the ICB order form diffetent to the PDFs on your Website? Ypu should use one common form to avoid mistakes.
* shipping dates are confusing, because not clear if shipping date ist from Romania, to icb, to dealer, or to Customer.

Production Quality :
* on delivery missing were : hood, reinforcement for trailer, wrong cranks, ...
* steering is important so all parts need to be stainless steel. How is it then possible that steering components are alredy corroding after a few weeks. I would be happy of you could ship some non corroding parts to my dealer @AxelK for warranty replancement.
Foto2

Design quality :
* Electronic wiring is a mess.
Foto1
I'd prefer a pcb with something like this Foto4 https://www.phoenixcontact.com/onli...de&pcck=P-11-01-05&tab=1&selectedCategory=ALL
* the angle of the holder for the derailleur is not correct so it is impossible to adjust it parallel to the chainring.
Foto3

Good luck with your quality improvements.
Best regards @Nitram

Anhänge

• Messy-electric.jpg
    Messy-electric.jpg
    143,2 KB · Aufrufe: 149
  • Rusty-steering.jpg
    Rusty-steering.jpg
    67,7 KB · Aufrufe: 157
  • Derailleur-missalignment.jpg
    Derailleur-missalignment.jpg
    161,6 KB · Aufrufe: 148
  • 29077_1000_int_04.jpg
    29077_1000_int_04.jpg
    15 KB · Aufrufe: 145
Hallo Jan,
first of all to order a Velomobile was one of my best decissions in the last decade. In principle I'm happy with my df xl-000658 delivered in december 2020.

Nice to see that you are interrested in possible improvements. Here is my list:

Communication :
* why is the ICB order form diffetent to the PDFs on your Website? Ypu should use one common form to avoid mistakes.
* shipping dates are confusing, because not clear if shipping date ist from Romania, to icb, to dealer, or to Customer.

Production Quality :
* on delivery missing were : hood, reinforcement for trailer, wrong cranks, ...
* steering is important so all parts need to be stainless steel. How is it then possible that steering components are alredy corroding after a few weeks. I would be happy of you could ship some non corroding parts to my dealer @AxelK for warranty replancement.
Foto2

Design quality :
* Electronic wiring is a mess.
Foto1
I'd prefer a pcb with something like this Foto4 https://www.phoenixcontact.com/onli...de&pcck=P-11-01-05&tab=1&selectedCategory=ALL
* the angle of the holder for the derailleur is not correct so it is impossible to adjust it parallel to the chainring.
Foto3

Good luck with your quality improvements.
Best regards @Nitram
Good morning,

About the communication PDF we are working on it. We try to make one system in the future in order there is only one system where information is stored. But this can take still some months before we finished this

Production Quality.
I need to check if we got already some feedback from Axel. I cannot remember.
We can send you new parts. Or you want to have them send to Axel?

Designing Quality
PCB is taking more place and weight because we need to make the dasboard bigger ect.

Thanks fro reaching out to us

Jan

the angle of the holder for the derailleur is not correct so it is impossible to adjust it parallel to the chainring
Schrauben lösen, richtigen Winkel einstellen, Schrauben wieder fest ziehen. Das ist zwar alles langwieriges Gebastel bis alles passt, aber du kannst alle Einstellungen verändern.

Hello Jan,

regarding current painting of the velomobiles, I think it's not scratch-resistant enough. Idk how scratch-resistant gelcoat was/is, the current painting gets scratched very easy. The paint-job itself is well done though.

Risse ja, aber Kratzer fast unmöglich.
Ich habe zwei VM mit vergleichbarem Kilometerstand.
Die nicht vom Unfall verursachten Kratzer am QV sind trotz Metalliclack relativ leicht zu übersehen, die Risse im Quest sind deutlich auffälliger.
Aber ja, Kratzer entstehen am QV leichter.

Paint: I agree the paint can be scratched but we choose for paint because gelcoat can crack verry ugly. Plus with gelcoat you cannot do nice colours.
We use already some harder clearcoat as what is used standard. We try an harder one but we hardly could polish it anymore. And there are always some defects after painting

To avoid scratches, there are two options. Either extremely hard or very stretchy. With the smartphone, for example, I prefer foils. Are there possibly correspondingly tenacious coatings?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten