VelomobileWorld-Konversation

Habe den Eindruck, dass bei meinen DFxl #15 (also alt) die Löcher im Radkasten für den Sitz von Hand gebohrt wurden und dann auch nicht gleichmäßig hoch (= gleicher Abstand vom Boden).
Auch war es so, dass die Gewinde der Schrauben dafür gesorgt haben, dass sich der Sitz nach unten gearbeitet hatte. Freundliche Hilfe hier brachte dann diese Lösung durch Radkasten und Sitz.
Anhang anzeigen 247509

@Velomobileworld Jan, maybe read also the manuals for DF and A7 that @Fritz compiled.
They contain some adaptations of drivers that might be of interest to you as well.
Zumindest fürs DF is das gefixt. Wir Händler bekommen zusätzliche Buchsen mit, die eingebaute werden und das verhindern.

In english for Jen, this concerns Alpha7 # 16.

I spent 40 years in quality management. This is not professional advice. Just trying to be a helpful former customer. Quite simply, Quality is building the RIGHT product and building it RIGHT. My comments mostly focus on building the product per customer order form or "Building the right product". When you get it wrong, it is very important to communicate directly and honestly to the customer and apologize and also explain openly what happened and how it will be fixed so that such errors will never happen again. Then and only then, you can rectify that particular customer's problems. When you do all of those steps, you win a customer for life and you also do not keep having the same problems over and over again, as I see from reading this thread.

Mine was not delivered according to the order

1. Wrong color
2. Delivered to wrong location
3. Wrong crank length, too long
4. No battery as ordered and paid
5. Mirror incorrect
6. Also broken shock, toe angles very off

I think there was more but I forget now. It does not matter, here is a simple suggestion for interim corrective action aka Band Aid.

As an interim solution to the two or more systems, the transfer of order information is what I would call a critical step. This information should be reviewed by two sets of eyes when you receive it from the dealer. These two people should sign on the PDF that they confirmed it was put into your production system correctly. I assume this is where the error occurred with my order. A similar review should be made before shipping. Once you have automated the order intake, such dual checks are completely unnecessary. This is free advice and like anything free, take it for what it is worth.

In english for Jen, this concerns Alpha7 # 16.

I spent 40 years in quality management. This is not professional advice. Just trying to be a helpful former customer. Quite simply, Quality is building the RIGHT product and building it RIGHT. My comments mostly focus on building the product per customer order form or "Building the right product". When you get it wrong, it is very important to communicate directly and honestly to the customer and apologize and also explain openly what happened and how it will be fixed so that such errors will never happen again. Then and only then, you can rectify that particular customer's problems. When you do all of those steps, you win a customer for life and you also do not keep having the same problems over and over again, as I see from reading this thread.

Mine was not delivered according to the order

1. Wrong color
2. Delivered to wrong location
3. Wrong crank length, too long
4. No battery as ordered and paid
5. Mirror incorrect
6. Also broken shock, toe angles very off

I think there was more but I forget now. It does not matter, here is a simple suggestion for interim corrective action aka Band Aid.

As an interim solution to the two or more systems, the transfer of order information is what I would call a critical step. This information should be reviewed by two sets of eyes when you receive it from the dealer. These two people should sign on the PDF that they confirmed it was put into your production system correctly. I assume this is where the error occurred with my order. A similar review should be made before shipping. Once you have automated the order intake, such dual checks are completely unnecessary. This is free advice and like anything free, take it for what it is worth.
Hi Edward,

As far as I remember we had already a converstion about this topic. I don't mind to have it again. But can it be on jan@velomobileworld.com. I am really sorry what happened. And we are working on that we get a obligation al feedback from the dealer.

Zumindest fürs DF is das gefixt. Wir Händler bekommen zusätzliche Buchsen mit, die eingebaute werden und das verhindern.
The holes are drilled with a sablon already for a long time. It could be that the first ~20+/- are hand drilled. Also ICB made already a modification in order the screw dont make the hole more down.

Spiegelposition beim DF XL (RO #662)

Hi Jan @Velomobileworld, another input regarding mirror positioning
The TL;DR version: place them a few more centimeters towards the front of the bike or a bit more in the middle, as i cannot see the outer part of the left mirror properly when using the race hood.

The long version with explanations: I am a pretty long legged guy (inner leg length 94.5cm at 194cm) with wide hips (requiring longer pedal spindles, otherwise the q-factor is too painful for me), so i needed short cranks (140 cm) and the smaller DF seat in my DF XL (Ro #662) to gain a few more centimeters space to avoid constant contact of my shoes with the body of the DF in the 2 o'clock pedal position. As a result i am sitting as far (and almost as low) as possible in the back of the DF XL. Which gives me an issue with the current position of my left mirror, due to the asymetric position of the visor in the racehood. The visor is unfortunately placed more on the right side than on the left side and therefore i cannot see the outer part of the mirror properly, if it is in horizontal position. Since modyfing the mould of the racehood might be a bit cumbersome, i suggest to position the mirrors a few centimeters more towards the front. I can only guess, but i estimate that something between 3-5 cm on the left side would help a lot. Alternatively place them 2-4 cm inwards..
I asked ICB and they dont want to change the hole position. I cannot change anything then

His problem is the beeping sound of the turning lights that seems to break often. He supposes the beeper might not be rated for the 14,4 V.
We checked yesterday to keep a buzzer running for 16 hours continues to see if it brakes. officially it is rated for 9V.
We did a double test.
Test 1: 14.4 Battery no resistor 16 hours test period
test 2 14.4 battery a 188 ohm resistor 16 hours test period

Both holded 16 hours the test.

I am not sure if this is isolated problem with this buzzer from @Sturmvogel or this happens more often.

You could produce several promotion videos which should have the potential to go viral when we share them.
Something like the single father bringing his child to school with Quattrovelo, goes shopping and drives to work. Imagine smiling babys, a sleeping cat in the VM, craft beer & organic veggies, exploding German cars... you got the idea.

You could produce several promotion videos which should have the potential to go viral when we share them.
Something like the single father bringing his child to school with Quattrovelo, goes shopping and drives to work. Imagine smiling babys, a sleeping cat in the VM, craft beer & organic veggies, exploding German cars... you got the idea.
Yeah - or hot chicks abandoning the guy with the noisy sports car when that other sweaty guy arrives in his sexy velomobile on the scene.

Some visuals:
1622787743511.png leaving that one =>
1622787583706.png
and prefer this => 1622787883188.png

If you do that one right, it will be more viral than Covid - I bet! :sneaky:

I was more thinking of the next JamesBond movie, when James comes into the lab of Q to receive the new gadgets. He sees the VM and asks: "What is this?" Q answers: "It is the car of the future, but a bike. You can drive everywhere. Road. Cycling Path. It will be great. We call it: Velomobile!" .... (It can make you invisible.) We are now building rockets inside (just for you).
Of course before the movie starts there will be advertisement of VelomobileWorld.

Honestly, there are no professional PR-videos for a VM as such.
On YouTube one can find videos of tours with shaky cameras or very long ones explaining all details. Many Kickstarter projects (which by today have not sold a single product) of VM-type vehicles have videos with hundred thousand views but none of the existing velomobiles.
I (and many others) experienced during tours that the average person (nor bike lovers) does not know what a VM is. A question that I often have to answer is: "Did you build it yourself?" Even during Friday-For-Future-demonstrations the participants have no clue that such wonderful vehicles are already existing. They all find them cool (a bit expensive, OK, but way better than cars)

So some videos of 1-3 minutes explaining the basic concept of a VM in different ways for other target groups would be good.
Something like:
or

@Cars10 , Im sure you are able to sponsor that 007 sequence. :). I think Velomobile World is on the right Track with its Videos, so is Velomobil Nord

Today we will make again something like 5 video's to inform people. But I run also a factory luckily with a team now. But still my time is limited. I will think about what we can do to make a proper video about the basics what is a velomobile. But it is hard to go viral. My Video's are not so bad and on average the we have less then 1000 views on my video's. Anybody realistic idea's how to grow this. (sponsoring a 007 film is a nice idea but not really realistic)

Interessant ist in dem Zusammenhang das Toyota-Prinzip.
Es versucht Verschwendung zu vermeiden und hält unter anderem die Arbeiter an Probleme zu melden.
von der Seite:
Das Toyota-Produktionssystem (TPS, jap. トヨタ生産方式 Toyota seisan hōshiki) ist eine Konzeption, um jede Art der Verschwendung zu vermeiden, die sich im Laufe der Zeit bei der Firma Toyota herausgebildet hat und die ständig weiter entwickelt wird
die Formulierung sinngemäß "Verschwendung vermeiden und die (Verschwendung) ständig weiterzuentwickeln" finde ich etwas schief. :unsure:

Gruß
Felix

But it is hard to go viral.
Because viral marketing relies on the behavior of consumers, there’s always an element of the unknown in viral campaigns.

Viral marketing depends on the brand’s ability to drop the right content in the right place at the right time and then let consumers do the heavy lifting for them. And this can be the hardest part for marketing teams - sitting on their hands and letting the message spread itself.
Still, the more they give in to their urge to over-promote or spam the message, the more likely the campaign is to lose its organic appeal.

Viral marketing, be it intentional or inadvertent, relies on three things
  • The message
  • The messenger
  • The environment

So one can not really force it, as we all know. But some nice, short (& funny) videos about VMs, in general, might help to promote the type of bicycle. Still, there are electric bikes and speed-pedelecs aiming at potential customers. Thus, it will not be easy.

So one can not really force it, as we all know. But some nice, short (& funny) videos about VMs, in general, might help to promote the type of bicycle. Still, there are electric bikes and speed-pedelecs aiming at potential customers. Thus, it will not be easy.
John Williams is making already funy video's it has no sence to make them as well. That's why I try more the informative video's to make

Zurück
Oben Unten