It hard to organise a production if we need to find the exact tuning wishes from the client. That's why wee keep it with a couple of options in order we can do the best we can.It gets worse if you want to mount stuff that's not on the list at all (Ginkgo wheels, aluminium/Igus rods, Schlumpf, Tank steering that requires different shifters and brake levers.) You end up with a box full of nearly new parts that gets dusty in your garage. We should loop them back to Romania for re-use. On the other hand I understand that this can only be efficiently manufactured if there are not too many options. Maybe all should be reduced to the most economic option. That avoids option difficulties/mistakes entirely. And tuning/pimping is then fully up to the end user or his least mistrusted mechanic.
Don't take this for serious. I was just thinking loud.
I think as wel but maybe there is some genius design avaible which I dont need to do again. Better ask than assume
The discussion if a velomobile is safe, is always a discussion because you are different as others. That's kick of for there pr-assumption that it is not safe.To avoid diving through under the belt and ruining all your internals while doing so, leaving more damage than without, you'd need a 5-point belt as in a kids trailer. And that 5th point hurts No sure if you can convince any man to put that on.
Or a fall arrest harness that does not look like anyone can cycle in it without getting sore.
For the rest. Is Jan the guy to discuss velomobile concepts? Not my business, but wondering...
Good morning,Hallo Jan,
first of all to order a Velomobile was one of my best decissions in the last decade. In principle I'm happy with my df xl-000658 delivered in december 2020.
Nice to see that you are interrested in possible improvements. Here is my list:
* why is the ICB order form diffetent to the PDFs on your Website? Ypu should use one common form to avoid mistakes.
* shipping dates are confusing, because not clear if shipping date ist from Romania, to icb, to dealer, or to Customer.
Production Quality :
* on delivery missing were : hood, reinforcement for trailer, wrong cranks, ...
* steering is important so all parts need to be stainless steel. How is it then possible that steering components are alredy corroding after a few weeks. I would be happy of you could ship some non corroding parts to my dealer @AxelK for warranty replancement.
Design quality :
* Electronic wiring is a mess.
I'd prefer a pcb with something like this Foto4 https://www.phoenixcontact.com/onli...de&pcck=P-11-01-05&tab=1&selectedCategory=ALL
* the angle of the holder for the derailleur is not correct so it is impossible to adjust it parallel to the chainring.
Good luck with your quality improvements.
Best regards @Nitram
Schrauben lösen, richtigen Winkel einstellen, Schrauben wieder fest ziehen. Das ist zwar alles langwieriges Gebastel bis alles passt, aber du kannst alle Einstellungen verändern.the angle of the holder for the derailleur is not correct so it is impossible to adjust it parallel to the chainring
Ich habe zwei VM mit vergleichbarem Kilometerstand.Risse ja, aber Kratzer fast unmöglich.
Protection films can be applied. On the QV there are already some spots whit protection films.To avoid scratches, there are two options. Either extremely hard or very stretchy. With the smartphone, for example, I prefer foils. Are there possibly correspondingly tenacious coatings?