Velomobile withdrawal symptoms

As many will know, my Quest swingarm failed early last week. I still don't have the replacement as the shipping is taking ages. I've been off the Quest now for 8 days and I'm now feeling withdrawal symptoms as my weekly velomobile distance has gone from 300km/week to 0km. I'm feeling tired, generally unhappy and I'm having difficulty concentrating on my job (or anything for that matter).
Is it just me or has anyone else had similar issues and any tips on how to cope?

AW: Velomobile withdrawal symptoms

Fujin is also less comfortable when you are being blasted in the face by 40Kph arctic wind, like this morning where my average speed was just 26kph (with the Quest it is rare for my average to less than 30Kph), I felt like I was riding though treacle and on the downhill near the end my top speed was just about 40Kph (on Quest it is normally 50-65kph) . I had to remove the tailbox as It was getting pushed around by the wind too much. Currently looking for a smaller tailbox.
Fujin also feels less safe as I mostly use A-roads (I think you call them "Kraftfahrstraße"?)

Fujin is also less comfortable when you are being blasted in the face by 40Kph arctic wind, like this morning where my average speed was just 26kph (with the Quest it is rare for my average to less than 30Kph),

Hehe Velomobile-riders are mollycoddles!:D

Fujin also feels less safe as I mostly use A-roads (I think you call them "Kraftfahrstraße"?)

No that must be 'Bundesstraße'(direct translation: federal road)
There seems to be no good translation for 'Kraftfahrstrasse' in English.
Its a road only for motor vehicles, which are running at a minimum speed of 60kph. (Blue sign with a white car on it).

Bye
René

Ah. In England we have a type of road only for motor vehicles called motorways. But I thought they were called Autobahn in Germany? What is the difference between autobahn and Kraftfahrstrasse?

Hi,

Ah. In England we have a type of road only for motor vehicles called motorways. But I thought they were called Autobahn in Germany? What is the difference between autobahn and Kraftfahrstrasse?

"Kraftfahrstraße" basically means, that only motor vehicles are allowed which can hold a minimum speed of 60 kmph. The lanes for both directions can be but don't have to be separated by guard rails. The most important difference compared with "Autobahn" is, that a "Kraftfahrstraße" can have crossings with roundabouts or traffic lights. An "Autobahn" never has anything like that.

Sorry for my english, talking about computers it's usually a lot better :rolleyes:

- Olli

I suffer from the same symptoms when I´m not riding my bike regularely. The only chance is to find another, similar straining way to weaken your muscles and force your brain to produce those pheromons making us happy.

This could be running, riding another bike or having sex! :D :D :D

Weaken your muscles? I feel like training them when riding my bents.

I got my own way to keep my pheromones flowing: Tinker around with other bikes or HPV´s. Presently I am heavily infected with a virus that is called "rebuilding and tuning my Alleweder". Beware, this can be highly contagious!

Greetings, Martin

Weaken your muscles? I feel like training them when riding my bents.

I got my own way to keep my pheromones flowing: Tinker around with other bikes or HPV´s. Presently I am heavily infected with a virus that is called "rebuilding and tuning my Alleweder". Beware, this can be highly contagious!

Don't blaim me.... been there, done that but about 7 years ago. You possibly couldn't have been infected by me!

(I read your post about the part you don't know where to place, I can't think of any place where it should be placed)

Zurück
Oben Unten