Umstieg von eBike auf Velomobil

Danke Disch :)

grade nochmal die Konfig geguckt in der Liste steht doch nur die kleine "Pinion C 1.12 speed hub - incl. overdrive 7x in the rear"

Ich habe die "Vorstellung :ROFLMAO:" dass so ein Fahrzeug das ist, was bei anderen das Auto ist. Da wird ja auch der Anspruch gestellt, dass man ein "Rundum-Sorglos-Paket" erwirbt (Selbstschrauber sind die Minderheit).
Gefühlt würde ich dann zu einem schon über längere Zeit entwickeltem VM tendieren - bei dem sollten dann die 'Kinderkrankheiten' behoben sein.
Ich bin ursprünglich mit einer ähnlichen Vorstellung gestartet :ROFLMAO:. Habe mittlerweile aber festgestellt, dass alltägliche Reparaturen (v. A. Flicken) unproblematischer als befürchtet sind - da ist der Aufwand, das Teil abholen und bringen zu lassen echt nicht sinnvoll.
Für alles andere evtl. Wartungstermine - oder man fuchst sich langsam rein. Das Forum und teils auch die Hersteller bieten gute Unterstützung.
Mein Eindruck ist, dass nicht allzusehr auf Topspeed ausgelegte vms nicht ganz so anfällig sind (gilt auch für reifen,...)
Viel Erfolg!

und auch eine Anhängerkupplung. Weiß nicht, ob das beim WAW möglich ist wegen der abnehmbaren Heckteile - ob man da genug Halt rein bekommt.
Gerade in der Kombination mit Aramid Verkleidung und der HR Federung dürfte diese Realisierung Schwierig werden.... Diesen Gedanke hatte ich Ursprünlich auch aber beim genaueren überlegen bekomme ich doch weiche Knie, mal angenommen man bekommt genug Stabilität ins Heck: Möchte ich eine Anhänger Last ungern an die doch zierliche Verschraubung des Hecks verteilen.

If I had a velomobile it would require a motor because I ride in the mountains and on gradients> 7%. I also tow a trailer which can weigh from 20 to 40 kg, on the same roads ...

If you drive in town a lot, stop / start driving will also benefit from a motor, a pedelec in the right gear and highest assistance level is much faster away from a red light than all but the sportiest cars driven by hot headed young men. I am talking about a legal 25 km / h pedelec - you will be propelled to over 30 km / h in a few seconds, then the cars catch you. Otherwise with a motor you are carrying dead weight, my trike is much slower (average speed) on the flat since I installed the motor. It is however much faster on the hills, just as fast as my other pedelec, about 27 km / h average.

Then if you have a kit pedelec you can bend the law and "forget" to limit the motor to 25 km / h. If (some may read when ..) I did this to my trike the motor would assist to 33-35 km / h or about the same speed I can ride it on the flat without a motor. Here is an interesting chart which shows speed for different wheel diameters at different motor RPM, mine is a 270 RPM motor. Lets say for example, purely scientific speculation of course, that I feed 50 volts to my 270 RPM motor. That would increase RPM by about 39% and give me a top speed of 47 km / h ...

If we continue our hypothesis a Quest requires about 130 Watts to cruise at 45 km / h on the flat. Were I to add an unrestricted hub motor to the rear wheel - even my 33 km / h motor - then the average speed of the Quest would be about 45 km / h even if the road had 4-5% gradients. Not legal but not particularly dangerous speeds either, well within the capacity of the chassis and the brakes.

If you drive in town a lot, stop / start driving will also benefit from a motor, a pedelec in the right gear and highest assistance level is much faster away from a red light {...}
I am talking about a legal 25 km / h pedelec
in my option you over-estimate the benefit of a slow 25km/h motor in a Velomobil in flat terrain

it´s a whole other thing when you have an motor that assists you up to 40, 45 or 50+

but: from 0-25km/h you need not much energy...
when going from 0 to 50km/h
you need less than 1/4 to reach the 25km/h
and you need more than 3/4 of the Energie to go from 25km/h to 50km/h

here a video of mine with timestamp:
Videolink Velomobil going from 0 to 48km/h in the City
till 02:48 in the Video ists even a little bit uphill there (very little, but enough that you start rolling back when standing and not using the brakes)

my Velomobil on the video is with luggage about 32kg heavy and has medium-fast tires on it (Duranos)

so: with a legal 25-30km/h-Motor you will get only at the Start for some second help, saving maybe 3seconds until you reach 25km/h
and then - when you realy need power - the legal motor will not assist anymore

so: the benefit of a 25km/h Motor in flat terrain in a velomobil (even stop-and-go in Citys) ... in my optionen over-estimated
a whole other story when you have hills !

If we continue our hypothesis a Quest requires about 130 Watts to cruise at 45 km / h on the flat.
not in real world
not a Quest
130Watt is too optimistic here

Were I to add an unrestricted hub motor to the rear wheel - even my 33 km / h motor - then the average speed of the Quest would be about 45 km / h even if the road had 4-5% gradients.
i think too optimistic again (with a 250motor, "semi-legal" spinning up to 33km/h)
maybe Daniel-Düsentrieb-like person with assist of electric semi-legal motor can do 45km/h AVERAGE in a Quest with 4-5% gradients

Otherwise with a motor you are carrying dead weight, my trike is much slower (average speed) on the flat since I installed the motor. It is however much faster on the hills, just as fast as my other pedelec, about 27 km / h average.
wondering why...
i have a motor in my Trike, too (first a keyde, now a elfkw)
when installing the elfkw i cut by accident a wrong wire on the Controller.. so iam driving with the trike AND motor, but now electric power for 2 years now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (lazy in fixing the error) - and its fast as ever (for a classic trike)

and indeed: why should 3-4% of more systemweight make a trike significantly slower ????
uphill you have motorpower
and in flat terrain weight is not realy an issue, from 0-25km/h the motor helps you, so we speak here only for the 25-35km/h without motor and then the 3-4% more weight which has to be accelerated

downhill weight makes you even faster ;)

Last year un-powered and fit I was averaging 32 km/h on the flat (3% max gradient) for one hour. There isn't enough flat land near me to be able to ride more than one hour before steeper gradients... One traffic light and a few roundabouts on this course.

- old motor bearings? bad clutch/freewheel? Motor wheel has 4000 km and weighs about 3.5 kg
- I can feel the extra weight which is about 6 kg - T-Tris is given as about 26 kg so that is a little more than 3 to 4% extra system weight I think?
- I also have a much faster rear tyre - Maxxis DTH instead of Big Ben
- not back to full fitness yet? Yesterday I felt a little faster - 169m climb at 7%, 42 km ride and no more aches and pains this morning...

I have tested the motor unrestricted and averaged 33 km/h (44v battery) with very little effort. I know 40+ km/h is a big step up from there but I am sure that I am able to approach that on a naked trike because I had no speed sensor on my upright pedelec for a while and was averaging speeds like that (GPS gave speed readings).

So where is the aero advantage of a velomobile?

Perplexed.

- I can feel the extra weight which is about 6 kg - T-Tris is given as about 26 kg so that is a little more than 3 to 4% extra system weight I think?
ok.. my Set with keyde added 1,5kg for the motor+controller and 1kg for the battery, so 2,5kg added weight
which resultat in 21kg Trikeweight
so - for me - Systemweight about 100kg the 2,5kg added weight are 2,5% ;) in my case
when i let the battery at home its about 1,5% more weight

- I also have a much faster rear tyre - Maxxis DTH instead of Big Ben
- not back to full fitness yet? Yesterday I felt a little faster - 169m climb at 7%, 42 km ride and no more aches and pains this morning...
its maybe a combination

So where is the aero advantage of a velomobile?
Perplexed.
???

You said I can't expect to average 45 km/h in a velomobile when I can average 32 km/h on a naked trike - where is the advantage to a velomobile? I had an English buddy my age who went from a recumbent pedelec to a Quest and he averaged 40 km/h in his (second hand, unassisted).

We are talking about flatter roads, not my local shopping run to San Sebastian. I will measure that on the assisted trike soon, 26.4 km and 288 metres altitude gain.

yes, there are people averaging 45km/h
there are also some that can go 55km/h average over 160km in a bikerace in flat terrain

but - as i said - very view people will do that - average of 45km/h - with an Quest...
(that would mean that you drive most of the time with over 50km/h)

but - as i said - very view people will do that - average of 45km/h - with an Quest...
(that would mean that you drive most of the time with over 50km/h)
With a Quest and Hood you average 45km/h on a flat good rolling track, if averrage well over 30km/h an a racebike (upright).
Df, Milan or Alpha make it easier to go ø45km/h, but every 1km/h on to you have to fight for.

@Kraeuterbutter
Wenn deutsch schon die erste Fremdsprache im Leben ist, darf eine weitere immer gerne etwas „nachhängen“
Alemannische Grüße aus Baden ;)
s wirt schu rächt gsieh si, was dü uff englisch gschiebbe häsch (no skills)

Ich fände es schön, wenn Ihr daher wie sonst auch auf deutsch schreiben würdet.
Googles Übersetzung von Deutsch auf Englisch ist nicht besonders toll.

Da in diesem Forum English ausdrücklich "erlaubt" ist, finde ich es zuvorkommend im direkten Gespräch mit einem Forumsmitglied der kein Deutsch versteht, in Englisch zu antworten.

'Verkünsteln' wertet uns als Teilnehmer ab
Für diesen Ausdruck möchte ich mich ausdrücklich entschuldigen; leider konnte ich ihn nicht mehr ändern, als mir klar wurde, daß das anders rüberkommt, als ich es gemeint hatte.

Ich hatte mal mit einem Rechtsanwalt in Spanien zusammengearbeitet, der hatte nicht nur die spanische Zulassung, sondern war als Ire englischer Muttersprachler und konnte außerdem sehr gut deutsch.
Wir hatten die schriftliche Kommunikation dann so geregelt, daß jeder in seiner Muttersprache schrieb. War am Anfang etwas ungewohnt, hat sich dann aber bewährt, da jeder sich doch in seiner Muttersprache besser ausdrücken konnte.
Vor dem Hintergrund dieser Erfahrung war bei mir wohl der Eindruck entstanden, der mich zu dieser - leider unglücklichen - Wortwahl animierte.
Ich würde nur ungern auf Eure Beiträge verzichten und hoffe, Ihr könnt mir meinen Faux-Pas noch einmal verzeihen.

mit einem Forumsmitglied der kein Deutsch versteht
Ich hatte @anotherkiwi so verstanden, daß er Deutsch versteht (auch ohne Google Translator), aber nicht spricht. Sollte ich mich da getäuscht haben, muß ich mich bei ihm auch noch entschuldigen und stimme Dir zu.

Zerknirschte Grüße,
wolf

(und jetzt am Besten Schluß mit Off-Topic, außer meine Entschuldigung reicht noch nicht, aber dann vielleicht besser per Unterhaltung)

Zurück
Oben Unten