Tunnelzelt für Radreisen

1. The 1.5 kg tent was no longer in stock
2. I need a tent on Wednesday

So I took one of the last 2 Forklaz MT100 at the local Decathlon (a dome, not a tunnel). I have the package down to 2.465 kg and have saved some weight elsewhere in my bagage.

It is very roomy inside, pitched first time in under 5 minutes on my terrasse. Pitches in the rain - the inner tent is attached to the outer. Just the silly arch that holds the front porch annoyed me, very hard to get in the first time and 600 grams! When I have the time I have some CF tube here and using just the 2 corner pieces in aluminium I should have that down in weight. If I had a closed luggage compartment at the front I would leave the 95 grams of bags at home and I am sure there are lighter pickets...

90€, if I enjoy camping I could invest in a Swedish 1.5 kg tent costing 10 x the price :unsure: But I will wear this one out first. I am still of the opinion that the camping equipment belongs in a burley CoHo XC trailer (or clone) and not in the vélomobile. The extra weight will be felt in the mountains but not on the flat roads of the north.

It is very roomy inside, pitched first time in under 5 minutes on my terrasse. Pitches in the rain - the inner tent is attached to the outer.
All positives that you enjoyed during your tour.
that the camping equipment belongs in a burley CoHo XC trailer (or clone) and not in the vélomobile. The extra weight will be felt in the mountains but not on the flat roads of the north.
Oh yes, you will feel the drag on the flats, believe me. Once my trailer is loaded and no longer flat the difference is quite obvious.

Regards,

Tim

You feel the drag of the camping equipment on the flat when it is inside too ;) I discovered "faux plat" which are km and km long :eek:

My idea is that you benefit from the large airy interior of Agilo when it is empty. I wasn't packed to completely full but the driving experience was very different with the camping gear inside. And the first day with 33º C all day some more air inside would have been nice. Then when you get to the campsite you can uncouple the trailer and drive into town where there is a larger choice of restaurants than the typical snack bar. After getting out of the swimming pool of course...

I need that trailer for my electric outboard motor and 12v battery + fishing gear, my current cheap Chinese trailer is not a good fit for those. I could also try/test with the camping gear without buying on specifically for that purpose.

The Forclaz for 2 people is a very nice tent for 1 person. I am 179.5 cm tall and just fit in length on my 185 cm mattress, taller a double mattress and sleeping diagonally would work. Lots of height for sitting up and dressing and undressing. No condensation inside despite the very damp atmosphere the first night.

Zurück
Oben Unten