T-Tris 26 back on the road

After a very long break in the bicycle garage my T-Tris 26 got out for a little spin earlier.

- motor wheel removed and original wheel back in
- an 11-42 8 speed cassette replaced the 11-40

I can drive away from home without e-assistance! Everything will be perfect when I add a SunRace SP570 extender to the Deore derailleur, at the moment the jockey wheel is flirting with the cassette teeth on bumps... The SunRace extender is a little bit cheaper :sneaky: than the Wolftooth Roadlink and does the same job. 26:42 means no more excessive heart rate compared to 26:40 :eek: There is a LOT of torque at that ratio and I would imagine on that hill if the road was wet from rain I would have to get off and push, today I had wheel spin on metallic street furniture...

Unfortunately that very short ride reminded me how much lighter the trike is compared to Agilo :rolleyes: I still love lying down really flat and I really like tank steering too.

A long and tedious mechanical session on the balcony workshop (the trike fits in the elevator...)

- Added the Sunrace derailleur extender and now have 23 gears, only 48:42 won't shift and I can't be bothered playing with cable tension to make it work. All gears work on the 36 and 26T chainrings and that is where I need the 42T sprocket to shift, the 48T chainring I use mainly with 24T and smaller sprockets
- checked tracking and it was a bit off so set to 1-2 mm toe in
- used the 90 mm brake tool from @Kid Karacho. Despite several 1000 km on the brake linings the tool did manage to make them rounder, especially the left side brake.

Test drive? I worked for quite a few hours in the vegetable garden and now I am ready for a quick shower and a glass of wine... :sleep:

And driving!

- Driving without a motor and suitable gears is very pleasant! I could imagine that a <25 kg HPV vélomobile would work for me here.
- The DTH 49-406 on the front are magical compared to the Big Bens, now I need to find a magical tyre for the rear too :LOL:
- No suspension also works thanks to those tyres
- I climbed slopes that are limit with the torque I put down through the 26:42 gearing and slightly too long to keep up a +70 rpm cadence in places
- the tuned brake liners work great! Get a brake liner sanding tool and do your brakes! Braking power was never really a problem with the independent brake levers but now I have much finer dosing of braking power.
- tracking is good, it drives straight even hands off the steering

Now I need to put in the km to get my fitness back!

Zeig doch mal ein paar Bilder von Deinem T-Tris!

I wanted to take a group photo with Agilo but we will have to wait a little. It is just a very normal black 2016 T-Tris 26 with the seat as far down as it will go and a Tubus Fly rack on the back. You can clearly see the 1000's of km now, it has "character" marks :giggle:

Here is what it used to look like when it was a pedelec

in-the-bag.JPG

Battery and controller are in the Ortlieb bag. Yes the big fat DTH rubbed against the frame in fast corners :giggle:

pulley-PAS.JPG

The idler pulley was drilled and the PAS magnets pressed in, This requires a left handed PAS sensor even though it is on the right because the idler pulley turns in the opposite direction. :cool:

bar-adaptor.JPG

I 3D printed an adaptor for the tiny KT LCD. I don't care about seeing the speed while driving and glancing down I could see the assistance level which is what interested me the most.

Today the idler pulley and the support for the LCD are still there but the stock wheel with the original Marathon Racer is back in. The rear derailleur was exchanged for a Deore, the standard one drove me nuts trying to set it up. And I have a Chinese 11-42 8 speed cassette, I tried with the Sunrace 11-40 but it was just too small for a cold start away from home.

I went to pick up the parcels for Green Mamba earlier. I need to drive everyday until September... :eek: My thighs were screaming all the way up the first hill. Or I need to do warm up exercises before driving. :unsure:

So far the 26:42 works just fine, I manage to keep reasonable cadence most of the time despite a couple of short bumps nearer 20% than 10% earlier. I may invest in a Sigma computer with gradient indicator so that I don't write n'importe quoi about gradients. But this is definitely a fine weather vehicle, I can't imagine driving those slopes in jeans or in the rain.

I used all 4 Ortleib panniers for the first time and I can carry some stuff:

- 2 x 20" BMX wheels
- 1 box from Ginkgo with a drum brake hub
- trike cover
- tools
- change of shoes and clothes + rain gear
- my city backpack with my "stuff"
- Axa defender lock and a 120 cm cable

Zurück
Oben Unten