Snoek von Velomobiel.nl (war: Quest RS)

As I understand it, the rear light bar is a prototype and thus will be replaced with something more pretty later. One could easily make a 3d printed fairing for it to make it a bit more streamlined. One thing I have considered doing is making retractable rear turn signals, a bit like "trafficators" as seen on some old cars, to give the advantage of good visibility when in use and no extra drag when not in use. Has anyone else tried making anything like that? Now that I have a 3d printer I may try making something for my Milan SL, which would later be applied to my new Snoek

As I understand it, the rear light bar is a prototype and thus will be replaced with something more pretty later. One could easily make a 3d printed fairing for it to make it a bit more streamlined. One thing I have considered doing is making retractable rear turn signals, a bit like "trafficators" as seen on some old cars, to give the advantage of good visibility when in use and no extra drag when not in use. Has anyone else tried making anything like that? Now that I have a 3d printer I may try making something for my Milan SL, which would later be applied to my new Snoek
Lee, one of the posters on here did something similar with their front light, gearlover7 I think; they rotated it but didn’t retract as such; I try to avoid active mechanisms where possible as it’s something else to go wrong but it would be neat; otherwise gear7lover made some neat built in rear indicators, more powerful and variable than the stock lights; they would work well with the Snoek.

Wenn die Entscheidungsfindung so weit gediehen ist, dass nur noch die mehrfarbige Gestaltung übrig ist, sollte man bestellen und sich in den kommenden Warte-Monaten mit seinem Händler/Velomobil.nl in Verbindung setzen. Die finden bestimmt eine individuelle Lösung.

Ob dies die Aerdynamik des Fahrzeugs insgesamt stark beeinflusst wage ich zu bezweifeln, aber ich denke der maximale Winkel, so dass das Naca Duct noch als Naca Duct und nicht einfach als Loch in der Karosserie funktioniert ist, ist meinem Gefühl nach hier überschritten.
Das fürchte ich auch. Ist vielleicht auch dem Kompromis mit der Beleuchtung geschuldet. Auch stilistisch finde ich es nicht optimal. Ich würde lieber darauf verzichten. Bringt denn die Luftröhre unten nicht auch Luft? Am Quattro hab‘ ich all den Kram nicht und ersticke auch nicht. Also Naca so eher (n).

LG

der Velotroll

According to the first data that I have collected these past days, the naca duct isn't impacting negatively the performance. It's nicely supplying extra fresh air. I still need to connect a hose to it so the air comes right in my face.

I will try to analyze and compile some data this week end.

Greetings
Clement

Hello,

During my morning short loop ride, I had the chance to have very similar weather conditions as the morning short loop I did on the 15th of September 2020 with my DF. So it was a great opportunity to make a comparison.

As a reminder, here is how my DF was set up :
  • Race cap
  • Hosen
  • Continental Contact Speed 28-406 with latex tube at 8-9 bar on Alexrim 16D
  • Continental GP 5000 25-622 TL on DT Swiss 460d
  • 1 mirror
  • front lamp dismounted
Here is the setting of my Snoek :
  • Race cap
  • 1 mirror
  • front lamp dismounted

The power meter used is exactely the same: I took it out of my DF and put it in my Snoek.

As you will see on the data on the pictures, on the Snoek, I am 1.5km/h faster with 22 W less.
The Snoek is really in another league.

I have other data to compile and I hope to publish them this weekend.
Now, I have to work on my condition: working too much and too little cycling those past months didn't do any good to me.

Anhänge

• Morning short loop track.jpg
    Morning short loop track.jpg
    168 KB · Aufrufe: 136
  • 15-SEP-20 vs 2-JUN-21 speed curves.jpg
    15-SEP-20 vs 2-JUN-21 speed curves.jpg
    110,9 KB · Aufrufe: 135
  • Snoek vs DF morning short loop.jpg
    Snoek vs DF morning short loop.jpg
    98,6 KB · Aufrufe: 137
Hello,

During my morning short loop ride, I had the chance to have very similar weather conditions as the morning short loop I did on the 15th of September 2020 with my DF. So it was a great opportunity to make a comparison.

As a reminder, here is how my DF was set up :
  • Race cap
  • Hosen
  • 1 mirror
  • front lamp dismounted
Here is the setting of my Snoek :
  • Race cap
  • 1 mirror
  • front lamp dismounted

The power meter used is exactely the same: I took it out of my DF and put it in my Snoek.

As you will see on the data on the pictures, on the Snoek, I am 1.5km/h faster with 22 W less.
The Snoek is really in another league.

I have other data to compile and I hope to publish them this weekend.
Now, I have to work on my condition: working too much and too little cycling those past months didn't do any good to me.
Thanks yirgacheff I empathise; I’ve cycled very little over the past 9 months…now a comparison ride with the front light?

Not only that. Also the distance between your stop points on the track is larger with the Snoek. Maybe the tyre pressure was lower than with the DF so you needed more rotations for the same distance? If you do some corrections to get the same distances, the advantage for the Snoek should be not that much any more. But still impressive.

Hi Sutrai,

On the DF, the speed sensor was on the rear wheel. On the Sneok it's on the front right wheel.
Anyway, it doesn't matter at all because the starting point and finish point are GPS defined ( it is segmented), therefore the track length is exactly the same and the average speed are corrected based on the actual length of the track, not the speed measured. The purpose of adding the speed overlay of the 2 rides is to show that none of these rides were impacted by a prolonged stop due to traffic.

Perhaps one information useful that I forgot to mention: the total weight of each system is near the same as I have gained 5 kg compared to September...

I hope this helps to clarify.
Greetings
Clement

Zurück
Oben Unten