Snoek von Velomobiel.nl (war: Quest RS)

"This bike is a serious problem" is what I've told Allert, designer of "the snoek". "Oh what's the problem with the bike", he asked. It's a serious threat to its competitors, I replied. I arrived around 10:30 AM today. Eva Jacobs was busy cleaning/preparing the Snoek/test vehicle. As soon as the bike was ready, Allert took it from a working table with utmost ease. After all, this bike only weighs 19-20 kilograms! Allert advised to see if I fit in the Snoek. Man, this is narrow! I can barely get my shoulders in, but when I lay down in riding position, the shoulders fit perfectly. I'm 179 cm tall. When I get the bike out and take a little tour, I notice my knees were touching the roof, not much but it will annoy after a while. Also regards the speed, I can barely get above 40 kph. There were 2 chainwheels in the front, so I checked if everything was set as it should. Highest gear, check! A little disappointed I head back to the workshop, where Allert and Theo changed the cranks and the chainring. "If you can't get above 50 kph now, the problem lies with your legs", Theo van Andel mentioned. Allright, let's go! After a couple of minutes I accelerated on a longer stretch of road. I was already doing close to 50 kph! This thing flies! Yes, my knees were still touching the roof a little, but when I managed to put my bum as far back as possible, it was fine. I also mounted the camera to the right, so hopefully I have some cool footage. Back to the ride then, there were moments I needed to take sharp corners, but the Snoek took them with ease. And after each corner I I didn't need much power to get back up to speed, which was again above 45 kph! I even got to 66 (my camera said 73) kph on the flat and I wasn't even going "full throttle"! Also, I hear the powertrain a lot less in the Snoek than in my Milan. No ear plugs needed here. Verdict: this bike is a beast. Practical? Depends on what you're looking for. Comfortabele? Again, this is all personal preference. If you want the fastest thing with a little more space, get the Milan SL. If you want even less space and go even faster, the Snoek might be your best pick! If I could have both in my garage, I would probably be the happiest man in the world. I've added a video link as well. IMG_20210611_124125.jpgIMG_20210611_124133.jpg

Anhänge

• IMG_20210611_124146.jpg
    IMG_20210611_124146.jpg
    134,3 KB · Aufrufe: 72
Leider musste ich selber meine Bestellung für das Snoek zurückziehen. Eigentlich war abgemacht, dass es bis Ende März, dann April dann Mai und dann allerspätestens Ende Juni zum abholen bereit steht. Letzte Woche hatte sich dann aber nach Nachfragen herausgestellt, dass "mein" Snoek nicht wie im letzten Jahr abgemacht noch in Dronten sondern in Ro gebaut wird, und frühestens im Juli in Dronten ist. Ich wollte es selber für ein Rennen ab dem 24. Juli einsetzen, gab mir selber aber im minimum 4-6 Wochen Angewöhnungszeit und Anpassungen was so nicht mehr möglich ist.

Selber bin ich über die Situation enttäuscht, aber das Gute daran ist ja, dass es vielleicht einem von euch schneller zum Snoek bringt ;-)

Eine akute Archillensehnenentzündung habe ich zur Zeit auch, ob ein Schlumpf helfen wird ?
Meine scheint diesmal nach 3 Wochen vorbei zu sein. Bischen Salbe und Ruhe. Hat wohl geholfen. War mit dem QV unterwegs, volle Beladung. Es hat den Schlumpf und trotzdem. Aber das Snoek ist je eher für Rennen oder schnelles Flachlandfahren. Ich schau mal was da geht. Bin ja jetzt eine Nummer vorgerückt. (y)
LG
der Velotroll

Don't know if this is an answer to your question, but Allert told me there will be added 2 tubes who will run below the hood from the front till the removable cover, which will help to add fresh air inside the "cabine".
Did you notice a significant air stream through the Naca Duct ? Did it reach (without the tubes) your body (torso) ?

Selber bin ich über die Situation enttäuscht, aber das Gute daran ist ja, dass es vielleicht einem von euch schneller zum Snoek bringt ;-)
Diese Snoek geht zum person auf Platz 6 (auch weiss). Also Bitte nicht mehr mailen daruber, Danke
Also Alle Personen auf die Bestelliste bekommen ihre Snoek schneller jetzt ;-)

Grüße, Theo

"This bike is a serious problem" is what I've told Allert, designer of "the snoek". "Oh what's the problem with the bike", he asked. It's a serious threat to its competitors, I replied. I arrived around 10:30 AM today. Eva Jacobs was busy cleaning/preparing the Snoek/test vehicle. As soon as the bike was ready, Allert took it from a working table with utmost ease. After all, this bike only weighs 19-20 kilograms! Allert advised to see if I fit in the Snoek. Man, this is narrow! I can barely get my shoulders in, but when I lay down in riding position, the shoulders fit perfectly. I'm 179 cm tall. When I get the bike out and take a little tour, I notice my knees were touching the roof, not much but it will annoy after a while. Also regards the speed, I can barely get above 40 kph. There were 2 chainwheels in the front, so I checked if everything was set as it should. Highest gear, check! A little disappointed I head back to the workshop, where Allert and Theo changed the cranks and the chainring. "If you can't get above 50 kph now, the problem lies with your legs", Theo van Andel mentioned. Allright, let's go! After a couple of minutes I accelerated on a longer stretch of road. I was already doing close to 50 kph! This thing flies! Yes, my knees were still touching the roof a little, but when I managed to put my bum as far back as possible, it was fine. I also mounted the camera to the right, so hopefully I have some cool footage. Back to the ride then, there were moments I needed to take sharp corners, but the Snoek took them with ease. And after each corner I I didn't need much power to get back up to speed, which was again above 45 kph! I even got to 66 (my camera said 73) kph on the flat and I wasn't even going "full throttle"! Also, I hear the powertrain a lot less in the Snoek than in my Milan. No ear plugs needed here. Verdict: this bike is a beast. Practical? Depends on what you're looking for. Comfortabele? Again, this is all personal preference. If you want the fastest thing with a little more space, get the Milan SL. If you want even less space and go even faster, the Snoek might be your best pick! If I could have both in my garage, I would probably be the happiest man in the world. I've added a video link as well. Anhang anzeigen 249991Anhang anzeigen 249992
so fast despite the Insta360 mounted so aerodynamic unforunate. :oops: Deeply impressed!

Da läuft einem immer mehr das Wasser im Mund zusammen :) Und da ich in einem Monat nur noch 2x20km Arbeitswege habe und die fast eben sind, kann ich endlich wieder jeden Tag VM fahren :) :)

@legaia : Ich bin bei einem VM halt nicht sehr kompromissbereit, also fliegts raus, wenns mir nicht passt ;) Wenn sich jemand drüber lustig machen will, gern. Ansonsten wirds, wie der Thread vielleicht vermuten lässt, ein Snoek ;)

Zurück
Oben Unten