Realistische Geschwindigkeit aktueller Velomobile

tdt

So schön unsere Diskussion unter jung gebliebenen Männern :)
Meine Schwiegermutter sagt immer: "Mädchen werden Frauen, und dann werden sie alt. Jungen ... werden schließlich alt."

I completely get your point, but for physically fit, healthy riders there is no logic behind using e-assist usually (except maybe in very mountainous terrain, and even then it is a challenge most of the time).
This ^^ for me it's just added weight. But let's grab some numbers, shall we?

Since I was planning to cycle to an event in Italy, I was calculating what would be necessary for me to climb the Gotthardpass.
In order to do so I was using this website:

It showed me I would need some different gearing, since I can only punch out >200W for longer than let's say a minute if I'm over 90 cadence.
I'd have to climb close to 4 hours at an average of somewhere around 7%; at 200W, this would result in 7.33 km/h.
If I would add a geared motor setup of 10 kg having an output of exactly 250W, I'd have a total of 450W on tap, resulting in a speed of 15.81 km/h (correcting for the added weight).
A good jump up, that's true. If the battery is capable of delivering this power for 2 hours, I would climb the mountain in, well, 2 hours :cool:

So, assuming the motor is 85% efficient (which is a really high number), we would need 588 Wh of power from our system. 588 / 36 = 16,33 Ah (assumed we'd use a 36V system, since that's what I usually build. 48 or 24 is also possible of course).
I have a 36V 12Ah battery here from my moms E-assisted recumbent. That battery would die on me after about 3 quarters of the hill, yet its 9.5 kg.

My conclusion: I'm not sure if I would want to add >10 kg of weight to my bike, just to save myself from one killer climb. But I guess it's personal.

Zurück
Oben Unten