1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

Peer Gynt liegerad vorne Frage

Dieses Thema im Forum "Liegeräder" wurde erstellt von skypix, 19.06.2017.

1. skypix

skypix

I'm riding a Peer Gynt long wheelbase bike in Hamburg but I'm having trouble finding the right tire for the front wheel.

I have Magura hydraulic brakes and I would like to keep the same rim, which is stamped
    20 x 1 3/8. The tire is a 28-440 (500x28A) iso 200

Can anyone tell me what is the right tire? I have not found a tire of that size online, the bike shops do not know, and I do not want to buy the wrong tire.

Thanks for his help!
    Jim
    --- Beitrag zusammengeführt, 19.06.2017 ---
    bump

2. HFKLR

HFKLR

Liegerad:
    Challenge Hurricane
    Hi skypix,

Unfortunately the size ETRTO 440 has practically died out. Maybe some guys here in the forum still have some old tires in that size for you or you can check if there is a solution to put in a different fork for ETRTO 406 or ETRTO 451 Greetings HFKLR

3. christoph_d

christoph_d

Alben:
    Liegerad:
    Flevo Racer
    Hallo,

versuche es mal bei Pedalkraft. http://www.pedalkraft.de/bereifung.htm Am besten anrufen.

viele Grüße

Christoph

skypix und Marc gefällt das.
  4. delli

delli

Alben:
    Velomobil:
    Leiba x-stream
    Liegerad:
    Eigenbau
    I had the same problem. But it is possible to change to a 406 wheel. You have to change the Break. Some pictures for you. 20170620_102119.jpg 20170620_102113.jpg 20170620_102128.jpg
    I think thats the easyest way to change the wheelsize. The break works like before.
    Greetings Ray

5. Troubadix

Troubadix

Alben:
    Velomobil:
    Leiba x-stream
    Liegerad:
    Radius Troll
    Trike:
    Steintrikes Roadshark
    I should ask my cycle dealer. Some weeks ago he told me there still are some produced, but I forgot the brand. I will ask him again and post here. I want to keep the original size of the front wheel on my Radius Dino as long as possible: Looks a lot better.

6. skypix

skypix

Thank you! Very helpful, thank you.

Delli, I have Magura hydraulic brakes. Are you saying you
    --- Beitrag zusammengeführt, 20.06.2017 ---
    oops...delli, I have Magura hydraulics, can they not be adjusted for a different rim? The rim I have is exactly 25mm.

Also thank you Troubadix, yes, please, that would be great.

Thank you Christoph, they have a 28-440 there, I will call them.

Thank you HFKLR. Where would I go to find a new fork? Maybe the people in Muenster who still do some Radius parts will know.

Vielen Dank Alle!

7. jaap1969

jaap1969

Alben:
    Velomobil:
    Alleweder A1-A4
    Liegerad:
    Flevo 50:50
    The problem of 440 is finding good quality tyres and rims
    If you want to keep the bike for longer, you should look for a 406 wheel and a longer mount for the magura break.
    They are called Magura U- Buegel and are made in different sizes. (A-E) I have given mine to a friend with a peer gynt years ago and I thought Size E maybe D was the right one.
    On ebay you can still find them. And also somebody which produces a remake. (You have to ask for the right size)
    The mount should be placed behind the fork and not before, to avoid bending of the aluminium.

best regards
    Jaap

skypix gefällt das.
  8. Troubadix

Troubadix

Alben:
    Velomobil:
    Leiba x-stream
    Liegerad:
    Radius Troll
    Trike:
    Steintrikes Roadshark
    @skypix , @delli , @christoph_d , @jaap1969, @HFKLR
    O.K., I just asked at my bicycles outlet:
    The Michelin City J tire is still available in 440mm diameter. One costs about 13,00 €uro and is sold as a tire for children´s bikes. I guess the "J" stands for "junior".
    As the front tire on my Radius Dino LWB is getting brittle, I just ordered one. I will tell you about my impressions.
    BTW: I got a set of Michelin City 406 as front tires of my Leiba X-Stream: Good all-rounders for road use, low drag, fairly puncture resistant.

Cheers, Martin

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 23.06.2017
    skypix gefällt das.
  9. skypix

skypix

Thank you Jaap and Troubadix:

Jaap thanks for the suggestion, probably not the way I want to go for now. I only have the bike to ride for another 2 weeks, then back to the US for several months.
    Thanks Martin, I'll see if I can find that Michelin City J. Can you tell me who your supplier is?

Also, can anyone tell me if I'm right, that a 37-440 won't fit a 28-440 rim? The rim is 25mm in width, outside to outside of rims.

10. Fanfan

Fanfan

Liegerad:
    Optima Cheetah
    Trike:
    HP Gekko
    If this is a hooked rim, I don't see why this shouldn't fit.
    With 25mm outside width, the rim probably has 19mm inside width, and according to >this table< found on Schwalbe's Website, anything from 28mm to 62mm should be OK. Although I like to stay below a 2.5:1 ratio for tyre width to rim width.