My Story with the Cab Bike Hawk

Sending a message to Pima doesn't help. They are like an ostrich that hides its head in the sand and hopes the problems go away...or they will respond by bitching about our attitude without resolving the actual problems. If I'm wrong I would be very happy because they would have solved my problems.

How much current can you put on speakers wires? I found that 12v system electrical system is built on speaker wires and the battery is giving out 7 to 9Ah. How safe is this?

giving out 7 to 9Ah
oh no: Ah denotes the battery's capacity here. (Example your battery could output 7 to 9 Amps for a full hour). The actual current is computes via your consumers power, like your headlight may be a 10Watt headlight, so on 12Volts this current will be 10W/12V=0.8A which is quite ok for a 'speaker wire' or any other small diameter copper wire. Of course you could upgrade to hi-end speaker wires with 5mm2 of copper. But then, if your wires don't get quite hot, I would not worry. Any small wire will manage a coule LED lights. Even your motor does not need huge diameters as it runs on higher voltage.

How much current can you put on speakers wires? I found that 12v system electrical system is built on speaker wires and the battery is giving out 7 to 9Ah. How safe is this?
There are thin speaker wires and there are real speaker wires (like in high end systems). ;)

What kind of speaker wires we are talking about and most importantly for what purpose?
Lights? No problem. Nearly any thin wire will do.
The wire from battery to motor controller? The thicker, the better (within reason). I use 4mm2 speaker wires and keep them short.

Zurück
Oben Unten