maximum cassette size in a quest ??

There is no need for a 11-50 cassette. Don´t forget the Quest has 3 chainrings in the front even in the standard configuration you have a ratio of 1:1 enough to climb hils up to 15%

I wish! I can just manage that when I am really fit (and no asthma) with 26:40 which is quite a bigger ratio than 1:1. In normal times I need 26:46.

I think there's a lot to gain from improving stiffness in the bike, not optimizing the gears.
My glassfibre Quest was a lot heavier than my DF, of course, but I'm 99 kg too so the weight difference in % is maximum 10%.
In the DF, I run a 34/56 - 11/32 setup. I'd guess the 34 chainring is still new and shiny cause I barely every use it. Usually I drive off in 56/32 or 56/28, also when I need to be quick to get out of harms way. This bike is so much easier to get off the line than the Quest, it's wonderful.

ride the 11-28 57 was a bit to hard to get going .

For the VM I expect a higher range of gears is needed in the areas with some mountains.

1 x 11 at 11 to 46 always was a bit heavy for steep climbs (MTB)
As the Velomobil is faster on the flat areas and more heavy to climb, I personally assume,
2 x 11 would be best compromise in hilly regions, such where I am from

as i said its a very flat environment here , so no climbs for more then a few bridges and etc . that's why i get away with it . 57-28 is possible to start but hard on the knees and costs time .

probably the difference between the alu and carbon swingarms , although mine has a alu . the problem for 12s lies also with the freewheel body .

Habe eine Rückmeldung erhalten :)

Für das Carbon-Quest/-QuestXS/-Strada mit Carbonschwinge sind 11-36T problemlos möglich, für das 11-40T (11-42T) muss ggf. etwas an der Wartungskappe angepasst werden bzw. am Schaltwerk. Im DF/DF XL werden auch 11-40T verbaut.

Ich selbst werde das 11-32T gegen 11-36T tauschen, sobald das kleinere Ritzelpaket verschlissen ist.

Weiterhin ist die Zähnekapazität des Schaltwerks zu beachten. Bei mir ist das SRAM GX 11 in 2x11 Type 3 verbaut, das schafft bis zu 42 Zähne bzw. Ritzelpakete 11-42T.

Ich denke eigentlich das ich zum Beispiel 56-42-30 mit 11-28 präferier über 52 mit 11-40 oder so.
Hab in mein DF 56-34 mit 11-32, aber für Berge war 30 möglich besser, und auf flache Straße die Zahnräder so nah wie möglich beieinander.

Hast du Mike Shermans Bicycle Gear Calculator bereits entdeckt?

Zurück
Oben Unten