Don't you think @Marc that Velomobile World should lend me a Bülk for torture testing? :unsure: I could drive it back to Romania over some of my favorite roads (not!) :giggle:

Hell, they lent one to Saukki! :sneaky:
Well, Saukki has a Youtube channel and hence a tiny bit wider reach than most. ;)

And for applying as a torture testing pilot, you have to have some record of past deeds. Did you broke anything so far by any chance?*

I've bend two ICE cruciforms, broke three ICE rear frames (bend a 4th) and managed to break a wheel off. So far. :whistle:

Torture test pilot? Velomobiel.nl has had to repair my spider because I bent it beyond repair. Also broke a few (new!) chains, a derailleur and a number of internal gear hubs.

For the right velomobile I’ll offer my services for free (hi there Daniel, Allert, Theo, Jens ;) )

Well, Saukki has a Youtube channel and hence a tiny bit wider reach than most. ;)

And for applying as a torture testing pilot, you have to have some record of past deeds. Did you broke anything so far by any chance?*

I've bend two ICE cruciforms, broke three ICE rear frames (bend a 4th) and managed to break a wheel off. So far. :whistle:

I bent a Quest axle and the rods. "Impossible except in serious accidents", well no, a large pothole is enough.

Mercy. And I thought my Bülk had it bad. I usually slow down for the rough pavement….
If I wanted to travel at 25 km/h average I would have bought an Alleweder instead of a Bülk ;)
At least 50 km of this 130 km trip was in this state.
I bent a Quest axle and the rods. "Impossible except in serious accidents", well no, a large pothole is enough.
Also impressive, but I think I still have a better beta tester case - I usually hold back torque to not murder the drivetrain (and my knees on the long run) :LOL:

I really enjoyed my short sit in the Bülk, the large opening is really my thing. What does make me wonder is the clearance of the foot bumps, I am not sure I would be able to leave town without touching :unsure: I was disappointed that there was not a model with the yin-yang hood on display and that I couldn't sit in the tank steering model. Not everyone wants a racing hood and a tiller. And when I turned the pedals my knees did not have clearance. A quick release bottom bracket mount so that it could be changed to the correct distance in a few seconds would have been a good idea.

Another idea for the next Spezi would be to have a Bülk loaded with typical camping equipment - yes ultralight of course - so that an appreciation of the available space could be made without having to use ones imagination.

so that an appreciation of the available space could be made without having to use ones imagination
until then have a look here

I really enjoyed my short sit in the Bülk, the large opening is really my thing. What does make me wonder is the clearance of the foot bumps, I am not sure I would be able to leave town without touching :unsure: I was disappointed that there was not a model with the yin-yang hood on display and that I couldn't sit in the tank steering model. Not everyone wants a racing hood and a tiller. And when I turned the pedals my knees did not have clearance. A quick release bottom bracket mount so that it could be changed to the correct distance in a few seconds would have been a good idea.

Another idea for the next Spezi would be to have a Bülk loaded with typical camping equipment - yes ultralight of course - so that an appreciation of the available space could be made without having to use ones imagination.
I did suggest to Jan that a quick release for the bottom bracket bolts would be very useful. For those of us offering test rides, it would be very nice. His concern is that clearance could be an issue. Space is very tight with the flat cranks.

until then have a look here

I saw that but I only took the time to use Google Lens to translate the photo just now... :rolleyes: I didn't read the weight for all that ?

We have a similar load it seems, my current tent is much bigger but before September that will change. I also carry an insulated food bag with basic ingredients for cooking, that won't fit in a Bülk. I carry 2 x 750 cl water bottles and fill them at stops. An Italian coffee maker will be coming with me next time - a cheaper solution than the jetboil coffee press. I discovered German condensed milk for coffee during my trip ;)

Saukki criticised the front luggage compartments, they make clicking out complicated or uncomfortable. I wasn't clicked in at the Spezi, I took my shoes off before getting in. A luggage compartment that bends back to the side and does not run all the way to the nose would help there. Or lower at the nose.

But don't worry there is a camping trailer under development for the Bülk! :sneaky:

Die Ausklickerei ist sicher auch nicht anders als am SL (wo übrigens die Schuhe beim Treten schon streifen). Entweder nach innen ausklicken oder in Kauf nehmen dass die Gepäckfächer Geräusche machen wenn man mit der Ferse dagegendonnert. Gehen tuts auch nach aussen, ist nur lauter.

Ich möchte meinen Fahrradanhänger sowohl hinter den DF als auch hinter den Bülk hängen können. Wo wäre Ihrer Meinung nach der beste Platz, um die Anhängerkupplung zu montieren?

Mein erster Gedanke ist - angesichts des kurzen Überhangs sowohl des Bülk als auch des DF - in der Mitte hinten, wie es bei einem Auto üblich ist. Meine Idee ist es, eine Sattelstützen-Anhängerkupplung zu montieren:

1685103652961.png

Dazu möchte ich über das untere hintere Lüftungsloch mehrere Lagen Carbon einbringen, um es steifer zu machen, und dann eine Buchse montieren, damit ich die Anhängerkupplung von links nach rechts anschrauben kann.

1685104225517.png 1685104282742.png

Die derzeitige Befestigung sieht wie folgt aus:

1685104568677.png

Es ist zwar eine Feder drin, und obwohl sie insgesamt über 500 km gut funktioniert hat, denke ich, dass eine direkte, feste Kupplung besser wäre. Ein paar Umbauarbeiten müssen sowieso gemacht werden. Ich habe meine Anhängerkupplung, um den langen Anhänger zu ziehen:

1685105805920.png

Damals habe ich ihn gebaut, um ein Velomobil transportieren zu können; jetzt möchte ich daraus eine Art leichtes "Leiterfahrgestell" mit Beleuchtung machen, damit ein zu transportierendes Velomobil etwas stabiler ist.
Als weitere Fracht wird es je nach Situation ein oder zwei Kayaks transportieren.

Diese Frage sollte der Händler/Hersteller beantworten. Nur der kann wissen, ob unf ggf. wo die Karosserie die Kräfte aufnehmen kann.

Wurde sagen versuche eine U formig versteifung zu machen, die auch ein teil der Seitenwande mitnehmt. Mal beim hersteller nachfragen wahre auch gut. Vermute die Menge an verwendetes Carbon ist dermassen gering, das es nicht viel halten wird. Denn Doppel U von Aussenwand und Radkasten zu verbinden wahre auch ne Lösung, moglich.

Das Dunnwandige Carbon, die Ecke zwischen Locherflache und Seitenwande und die Locher an sich machen das ganze empfindlich fur Rissbildung.

Ich möchte meinen Fahrradanhänger sowohl hinter den DF als auch hinter den Bülk hängen können. Wo wäre Ihrer Meinung nach der beste Platz, um die Anhängerkupplung zu montieren?

Mein erster Gedanke ist - angesichts des kurzen Überhangs sowohl des Bülk als auch des DF - in der Mitte hinten, wie es bei einem Auto üblich ist. Meine Idee ist es, eine Sattelstützen-Anhängerkupplung zu montieren:

Anhang anzeigen 327634

Dazu möchte ich über das untere hintere Lüftungsloch mehrere Lagen Carbon einbringen, um es steifer zu machen, und dann eine Buchse montieren, damit ich die Anhängerkupplung von links nach rechts anschrauben kann.

Anhang anzeigen 327635 Anhang anzeigen 327637

Anhang anzeigen 327638

Es ist zwar eine Feder drin, und obwohl sie insgesamt über 500 km gut funktioniert hat, denke ich, dass eine direkte, feste Kupplung besser wäre. Ein paar Umbauarbeiten müssen sowieso gemacht werden. Ich habe meine Anhängerkupplung, um den langen Anhänger zu ziehen:

Anhang anzeigen 327641

Damals habe ich ihn gebaut, um ein Velomobil transportieren zu können; jetzt möchte ich daraus eine Art leichtes "Leiterfahrgestell" mit Beleuchtung machen, damit ein zu transportierendes Velomobil etwas stabiler ist.
Als weitere Fracht wird es je nach Situation ein oder zwei Kayaks transportieren.
Du hast dein Bülk zu früh bestellt. Jetzt kannst Du die nötige Verstärkung bestellen. Es ist links hinten. Mein Bülk ist leider nicht dabei und ich habe keinen Foto davon. Irgendwo in dieses Video kannst Du das sehen

Diese Frage sollte der Händler/Hersteller beantworten. Nur der kann wissen, ob unf ggf. wo die Karosserie die Kräfte aufnehmen kann.
Hallo liebe Velomobilfreunde, Kritiker und Skeptiker !

Ich möchte in diesem Faden von der Entwicklung des neuen Velomobiles „Bülk MK1“ berichten und gerne Fragen dazu beantworten.
;):D

Du hast dein Bülk zu früh bestellt. Jetzt kannst Du die nötige Verstärkung bestellen. Es ist links hinten. Mein Bülk ist leider nicht dabei und ich habe keinen Foto davon. Irgendwo in dieses Video kannst Du das sehen
Ihr Deutsch ist besser, als ich erwartet habe, Ben! ;)

Die Standardlösung besteht in der Tat darin, auf der linken Seite eine Verstärkung einzubauen. Mit zwei großen Nachteilen:
- Beim Rechtsabbiegen kann die Deichsel gegen das Fahrrad stoßen und es beschädigen (kleiner Nachteil, ich weiß);
- Wenn ich zur Arbeit gehe, schiebe ich meine Laptoptasche (mit oder ohne 16"-USB-C-Monitor) ganz nach hinten an die Spitze, vor der meine Tasche mit der Kleidung steht. Sobald ich die Anhängerverstärkung hinten links einbaue, passt sie nicht mehr; genau deshalb hatte ich bei meinem Milan GT die Anhängerkupplung an der rechten Hinterachse. Die Verstärkung zu spiegeln und hinten rechts zu montieren, könnte diesen Nachteil beheben.

Übrigens bin ich nicht der erste, der die Anhängerkupplung ganz hinten an seinem Velomobil montiert, sowohl Alve als auch Allert haben sie dort an ihrem QV:

1685131374169.png

Typisch eben für ein Velomobil mit einem ziemlich großen hinteren Überhang.

Anhang anzeigen 327634

Anhang anzeigen 327635 Anhang anzeigen 327637

Anhang anzeigen 327638

Anhang anzeigen 327641

@Hansdampf hat da auch eine Möglichkeit für die Radical Kupplung im Angebot ;)

sowohl Alve als auch Allert haben sie dort an ihrem QV:
hier wurde ja auch schon über mögliche Kupplungen spekuliert.

Ich weiß nicht wie weit die Idee von @Gear7Lover schon umgesetzt sind.

More Bülky business... last fridays ride! I had to catch some VeloViewer tiles and decided to cut the dashcam footage into a video. I added some of the telemetry but don't really have a good workflow to do that yet (GPX in Garmin VIRB on greenscreen -> export -> NLE -> manual sync per cut -> export), so it's really time consuming.
Really like taking the Bülk on rides like this. It's fast, corners well but the tiller also feels so calm on the road, it's wonderful. It also responds really well to power input.

Since the bike isn't visible in the image: I was riding with the Kombihaube (only the front part of course), just enjoying the sun.
It has a 12-speed Rotor group with 11-39T cassette and a 60T chainwheel. Rear tire is a 32-622 GP5000, fronts are 32-406 Continental Contact Urban. Dashcam is an Innovv K3 (front+back+mic+GPS).

Zurück
Oben Unten