Lässt sich schon sagen, ob ein GARMIN im Inneren des BÜLK´s (z.B. auf einem der Radkästen sitzend) das volle GPS-Signal bei geschlossener Haube empfängt?

Hat jemand Erfahrung mit dem normalen Stoßdämpfer im Vergleich zum Luftstoßdämpfer? Bewältigt der normale Dämpfer schlechte Straßen besser als der Dämpfer des Quest?

Leider sind in dem Faden nur Bilder von der fertigen Karosse oder Urmodell. Mich würde interessieren, wie Du @Jens Buckbesch zu der gekommen bist? Aus Schaum völlig neu geschliffen oder eine SL oder GT-Karosse modifiziert?

My personal situation will change later this year and I have been looking at lightweight vélomobiles for touring. A couple of models come out on top,the Milan GT and the Bülk. Both for the very large opening and the Yin/Yang hood as well as the flatter seating. We now have several reports (and a record long distance drive) on the Bülk and this has made apparent to me several places where there are issues:

- why didn't you bring it to market in tiller and tank steering versions? Yes a tank steering version will eventually be available but I think it was a marketing error to not have both available in the configurator on day one.
- there is no clear indication of what tyres fit, for longer range touring some of us prefer wide slick tyres with a minimum of puncture protection. Will 50 mm tyres fit all around? What is the turning circle with wide tyres in the front? What is the maximum width driveable touring tyre?
- Yes there is a Mountain Drive option but a 2 x 11 derailleur option would suit me better with a large range MTB cassette and long derailleur cage. I have been using this on my trike for a while and no, not all gears pass on the big chainring and not all gears pass on the small one. Once you have integrated this idea (and the chain drops off a couple of times...) you get used to having very low gears for climbing and everything else except the lowest sprocket working on the big chainrring. And so I am told maybe the derailleur cage won't fit? With a 622 wheel? How can that be possible?
- a ready to drive vélomobile at the 9750€ price indicated would be almost OK price wise. But to be able to drive away from the dealer I have to add xxx€ of options. Is a Yin/Yang hood really an option? For me it is basic equipment and the racing hood(s) are the options. All fast, modern vélomobiles need to be equipped with 90 mm brakes, the lighter 70 mm brake is a racing option! Luggage compartments, right hand side mirror, Ventisit, all of these are standard, required everyday equipment for driving on the road.
- the missing option is the bare vélomobile with no wheels, drive train, steering and electrics. The driver then choses the equipment they can afford/prefer and fit it them self (or by the dealer) so an 8500€ "kit" version is something that would interest me.

I am not trying to be critical here, my post and questioning is because I read this https://www.velomobileworld.com/the-bulk-project-a-new-velomobile-bulk-mk1/. I am 100% behind many of the ideas expressed on that page but would like to go even further in the quest (oops a pun...) for a daily driver that is light and fast. I was kind of hoping the Bülk would be the modern day Mango or Quest - the base version works for everyone but has the potential for modifications to make the racer happy. :unsure:

My personal situation will change later this year and I have been looking at lightweight vélomobiles for touring. A couple of models come out on top,the Milan GT and the Bülk. Both for the very large opening and the Yin/Yang hood as well as the flatter seating. We now have several reports (and a record long distance drive) on the Bülk and this has made apparent to me several places where there are issues:

- why didn't you bring it to market in tiller and tank steering versions? Yes a tank steering version will eventually be available but I think it was a marketing error to not have both available in the configurator on day one.
- there is no clear indication of what tyres fit, for longer range touring some of us prefer wide slick tyres with a minimum of puncture protection. Will 50 mm tyres fit all around? What is the turning circle with wide tyres in the front? What is the maximum width driveable touring tyre?
- Yes there is a Mountain Drive option but a 2 x 11 derailleur option would suit me better with a large range MTB cassette and long derailleur cage. I have been using this on my trike for a while and no, not all gears pass on the big chainring and not all gears pass on the small one. Once you have integrated this idea (and the chain drops off a couple of times...) you get used to having very low gears for climbing and everything else except the lowest sprocket working on the big chainrring. And so I am told maybe the derailleur cage won't fit? With a 622 wheel? How can that be possible?
- a ready to drive vélomobile at the 9750€ price indicated would be almost OK price wise. But to be able to drive away from the dealer I have to add xxx€ of options. Is a Yin/Yang hood really an option? For me it is basic equipment and the racing hood(s) are the options. All fast, modern vélomobiles need to be equipped with 90 mm brakes, the lighter 70 mm brake is a racing option! Luggage compartments, right hand side mirror, Ventisit, all of these are standard, required everyday equipment for driving on the road.
- the missing option is the bare vélomobile with no wheels, drive train, steering and electrics. The driver then choses the equipment they can afford/prefer and fit it them self (or by the dealer) so an 8500€ "kit" version is something that would interest me.

I am not trying to be critical here, my post and questioning is because I read this https://www.velomobileworld.com/the-bulk-project-a-new-velomobile-bulk-mk1/. I am 100% behind many of the ideas expressed on that page but would like to go even further in the quest (oops a pun...) for a daily driver that is light and fast. I was kind of hoping the Bülk would be the modern day Mango or Quest - the base version works for everyone but has the potential for modifications to make the racer happy. :unsure:
I was told by a reliable source that max width in rear is 40mm. I rather doubt 50 will fit in the front. In fact, I do not think anything short of a quest would fit a 50, and even then you would have quite a wide turning circle. To run such a wide tire would mean compromises to aerodynamics that I think designers are not willing to make, as much as it is nice to run very wide tires for comfort. Especially with the Bülk it would mean wider wheel wells and less space inside. Since they are trying to give as much room for the thighs, I can understand why this is.

I recall you live in a very mountainous area. The schlumpf would probably be your best option even though it weighs more. There is the option for 11-52 casette. I do not know which derailleur they use for that, but if you asked Jan, he could tell you. A very long cage might get in the way of the body work. In theory you could probably make a cut in the body and a new cover to fit a larger cage, but it would be hard to say that for sure without actually seeing a Bülk (I won’t have mine until the spring.)

I think the issue with the tank steering is that it is being developed by a third party who are still working on it. I don’t think people would be willing to wait to ge the tiller steering version. There are over 100 orders even before tank is available so I think people are very eager to have a Bülk. Personally I do not like tank steering. I like how sensitive tiller is and that I can ride with only one hand or with my arms hanging over the side of the velomobile.

I agree about the combi hood. It should be included in the price. I also thing a modular race hood is a good idea, one where you can ride either with just the cover for the knees, but also could attach the race hood portion to make a full hood. I bought the motorrad visor hood and have an idea to modify it to make the hood modular.

You could always ask if it is possible to buy only the bare velomobile. Some parts are specific to certain Velomobiles such as the strut deisgn, steering plates, rear swingarm and shock mount, and would not be possible to transfer from one velomobile to another though. That is probably why they don’t offer just the shell.

My personal situation will change later this year and I have been looking at lightweight vélomobiles for touring. A couple of models come out on top,the Milan GT and the Bülk. Both for the very large opening and the Yin/Yang hood as well as the flatter seating. We now have several reports (and a record long distance drive) on the Bülk and this has made apparent to me several places where there are
Tja das Leben ist halt kein Wunschkonzert…

Hallo in die Runde,
ich bin auf der Suche nach einem „Bülk“-Schriftzug für einen Aufkleber auf meinem Rad.
Das im Reflexstreifen integrierte „Bülk-Design“ begeistert mich von der Schriftart nicht so, ich habe irgendwo im Forum aber mal Bilder von einem sehr ansprechenden Schriftzug gesehen, finde das aber nicht wieder, hat jemand von Euch einen Hinweis für mich?
Schriftart war irgendwie spacig, ich glaube sehr nach rechts geneigt.
Habe mal nach ähnlichen Schriften geschaut, Revolution-lll-cmd sah schon gut aus, das würd ich sonst nehmen.
Danke für Tips
Gruss
Jörg

irgendwo im Forum aber mal Bilder von einem sehr ansprechenden Schriftzug gesehen
20221125_170049.jpg

ich bin auf der Suche nach einem „Bülk“-Schriftzug für einen Aufkleber auf meinem Rad.
Der Schriftzug stammt von mir. Wenn Du die entsprechenden Dateien zum Plotten nicht von @Jens Buckbesch bekommst kannst Du sie von mir bekommen. Meld Dich im Zweifel noch mal.

Anhänge

• 34FCF01A-5F11-4254-9989-636FF32BC29E.jpeg
    34FCF01A-5F11-4254-9989-636FF32BC29E.jpeg
    111,4 KB · Aufrufe: 147
Zurück
Oben Unten