Rennen Cycle Vision, Amsterdam-Sloten, 23.-25.06.2017

Hi Clément, @yirgacheff
thank you very much providing your data.
Concerning your 1H race data, how do you create the timestamp "lap 1, 2, 3,.....21"? How do you match the timestamp with the power- and speed data? I assume the power and speed data are average values per lap.
Do you create the graph by your own constructing your data file? Or which software provides this graph?
What makes me wonder, the power data for lap1, seems to be very low around 208 Watt. In Lap 1 there is acceleration beyond 50 km/h with estimated wattage values in the range between 300 t0 500 for several seconds or even more.
What do you think?
Thanks for answering and wish you a nice cappuccino.
All the best
Tristan

Hi Tristan,

I use GoldenCheetah. The AutoLap from Garmin was almost perfect to give the starting and finishing points of each lap. I fine tuned those points with GoldenCheetah using the GPS data. And then I compile everything on Excel.
Concerning the first lap, it is actually the second lap. The race comity didn't count the first lap, so I took it out. Therefore, it was a kind of flying start.
What I forget to mention is that it started to rain at the lap 12 and that has reduced the efficiency of my ride (about 2.5km/h less for the equivalent power).

With kind regards
Clément

Anhänge

• CV2017 1 hour GC data.jpg
    CV2017 1 hour GC data.jpg
    192,5 KB · Aufrufe: 75
  • CV2017 1hour data laps comparison.jpg
    CV2017 1hour data laps comparison.jpg
    107,9 KB · Aufrufe: 81
Thanks a lot Clément @yirgacheff for the additional info too. It is a nice idea to have a third dimension in an 2 dimensional chart, so I assumed this is selfmade an you confirm data export to Excel. GPS Autolap on a track circuit is not without difficulty an one may be safe to check each value individually especially the runaways I assume. Do you use an ANT+ sensor for speed or do you trust on GPS data only?
Thanks again and have a nice day.
Tristan

Hi Tristan,

I use an ANT+ sensor for the speed. But I think the wheel circumference I inputted is too small: 144.5mm for a Conti Erlköning at 17c rims.
I also used the data from ligfiets.net and compared them. I come with the exact same results and a total race time of 58m and 20 sec.

With kind regards
Clement

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi Tristan,

I use an ANT+ sensor for the speed. But I think the wheel circumference I inputted is too small: 144.5mm for a Conti Erlköning at 17c rims.
I also used the data from ligfiets.net and compared them. I come with the exact same results and a total race time of 58m and 20 sec.

With kind regards
Clement

....I measured an very old Continental Grand Prix 20" at 1437mm and a Kojak at 1458mm and a Shredda 40mm with 2,8bar at 1492mm rider inside 75kg, may be this helps....

All the best
Tristan

..ah, hi Clement, Cool data the Cyclevision provides for each rider. I hope this will be possible on Meppen Racetrack @Uli B. @too.

Thanks und good luck
Tristan

Hallo Tristan,
wir haben den selben Zeitnehmer wie die CV (Gerad). :) Die Ergebnisse werden dann auf ligfiets.net stehen und Matze setzt die BeND Wertung auf droplimits.com

lieben Gruß

Uli

P.S. Die ausführlichen Daten sind aber eigentlich nur interessant wenn man selber mitfährt. Du hast noch nicht genannt :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
49.8km/h average, 139W
hm, you mentioned again in the Nici-Record-Thread. Interesting because you noted your weight there, 90 kg.
If I pick single laps out of my 6h-recording I needed 160 W for 50 km/h.
Front tires Pro-One, one butyl and one latex (one tire was flat in the morning so I only changed the wheel). Rear-tire normal Grand-Prix with butyl tube.
Weight about 105 kg with drinks.
Tires and tubes and 15 kg more weight cost 20 W.

190W, NP 200W ... nice fight with Dooxie
I needed 221 W Ø, 261 NP. How many lines did you cross?
I should optimize my weight and tires :), but did not trust the Erlkönig-tires to withstand the weekend.

bei mir haben die Erlkönigs gehalten in Sloten...:p ach ja, bin sie nur auf der Bahn gefahren, da ich die Hosen nicht weiter ausschneiden wollte (Federbeine Original sind länger als meine Meck ELburg Federbeine) bin ich die Erlkönigs draussen nicht gefahren, nächstes Jahr wieder mit Hosen und Superreifen und Stramme Federn im DF, obwohl den Shikanenrennen mit weiche Federn war Toll, hab den Beinchen nicht gelupft und bin um jeder Pilone drumherum gekommen..
Wenn mein neues DF kommt baue ich die erst mal um auf Rennmodus, bis dann das Spezial irgendwann da ist..und dann gehts es los..

Hi Dooxie,

I think there is really a lot to gain from the tire and tube selection. The weight only matters a bit in the curves. I was 2 kg heavier than last year, but it didn't impact that much to cornering speed loss. My Erlköning had very little wearing after the whole weekend.
During the criterium, I didn't cross any line. Once I touched the traffic cone.

Actually, my DF could have been faster if I had discovered earlier that the boom supporting the cranck was starting to debond. Since a few weeks I was observing an efficiency decrease on my commute and I thought it was because of a new shitty asphalt that was laid on some part of my path. But last Monday the boom totally debonded. Now it is well fixed by Frank from InterCityBike and glued with Polyurethan and I have found back the good efficiency. Looking at the data, I think it costed me 1.5-2km/h average.

Anhänge

• DF boom debonded.jpeg
    DF boom debonded.jpeg
    128,9 KB · Aufrufe: 122
I didn't cross any line
I rode miserable at those lines, only good for fotos :).
In my video you overtook me at 11:48. Did you ride without touching a line there? If yes, I lost much time and momentum through that driving-mistake.
I was not slower at the next schikane and faster at the hill. But much slower in the first schikane on two wheels.
Maybe some day I need such a fast DF, too.

Actually you were clearly much slower in the chicanes. Each time I had to slow down a lot to avoid a collision with you. I didn't touch the traffic cone or the line.
Also in the 2 slowest curves of the track, you were lifting a bit a wheel while I going through easily.
I had short and red suspension springs. The DF + me were 10 kg lighter than you, that also helps a lot in the chicanes.

A fine tuned DF is clearly a very efficient velomobile.

:). I think that you trajectory also wasn't the most suitable, it was really different than mine. We need to Daniel if there is a track width difference between the DF and the Evo K. Also, my specially built wheels for the Höse aren't centered, I think the track width is reduced with those wheels.
A beer would be very appreciated! Till next time.

mit 206 watt bin ich dort 58,5/3h gefahren. Die Strecke hat min 9hm pro runde a 2,53km.
Da ich die erste Zeit dummerweise zu schnell war wegen matze :D dann zu langsam und zum schluss die schnellsten Rundenzeiten überhaupt gefahren bin kommen etwa 200watt/58,5 dort im schnitt raus.
achja es war etwa 15-16grad mit nasser Karoosiere, das sind also etwa 200watt/60-62kmh in sloten bei 25grad und trocken

Anhänge

• IMG_20170706_155807.jpg
    IMG_20170706_155807.jpg
    152,1 KB · Aufrufe: 74
  • IMG_20170706_160002.jpg
    IMG_20170706_160002.jpg
    91,1 KB · Aufrufe: 66
  • IMG_20170706_160018.jpg
    IMG_20170706_160018.jpg
    94,9 KB · Aufrufe: 65
Zurück
Oben Unten