Can the Milan SL be split like a Quest?

M

michaelgreene

Hello,

Please excuse my English in this forum. I understand about 75-100% of what is written here courtesy of Google Translate.

I have a Quest XS. Converting it to a removable top velomobile is a matter of a few hours, a knife and wrench. The top can then be reattached with bolts and silicone tape that Wim Schermer sells. The advantage of removing the top is it makes working on the bike much easier.

I'm wondering if the same can be done to the Milan SL? Is it possible to remove the top so the machine is *easily* accessible for maintenance and then reattach it with bolts to ease removing the top later on? Or, is the Milan fabricated in some way that makes removing and reattaching the top not possible?

If it is possible and you have done it, how did it work out for you? Was there anything you wish you had known before doing it?

Thank you,
Michael

Hello Michael,

as far as I can conclude from two electronic installations into the SL there is no way to remove the "top" aside the hinged top cover.

The whole nose cone is laminated together.

Best regards
Wolf

No. But two maintenance openings can be installed. For the rear there's one that velomobiel.ro provides, for the front a removable naca duct can be added that acts like one. With the big opening the rest is then accessible. The unscrewable top for Quest and Strada degrades the stiffness of the velomobile - my Evo K has the top front taped down which ist already recognisable.

Tim

Maintenance in the front the SL is a bit of a bother, but with the big opening you can reach about everything around the crank arms, pedals etc.; just the headlamps are really hard to reach.

Zurück
Oben Unten