Brevet Brevet Termine 2023

Bei dem Zeitlimit könnte man ja fast Ostersamstag (ganz früh) los und das Tageslicht nutzen?
Achtung. Start ist FR abend 21h.
Mein Plan ist bisher. Nachmittags los. Gut essen. Nacht durchfahren 400 km etwa 15-18 Stunden fahren inklusive Pausen (!) Also, gegen 12h-15h wieder zurück. Dann dort irgendwo schlafen und nächsten Tag noch über 2-3 Inseln und 200 km zurück.
Problem: Es ist das Osterwochenende und viele Hotels sind verbucht.
Lösung: Hoffen das @ChristianW so angefixt ist, dass er mit fahren will, mein M9 neben sein A9 auf den Hänger schmeißt. Dann wie oben nur ohne Hotel, sondern danach mit Auto zu mir. Möglichkeit, dort zu schlafen. Seine Freundin kann meine Frau beim Gärtnern beraten/unterstützen oder sie gehen in Antwerpen schoppen ...
Tagträume können so schön sein.

Lösung: Hoffen das @ChristianW so angefixt ist, dass er mit fahren will, mein M9 neben sein A9 auf den Hänger schmeißt. Dann wie oben nur ohne Hotel, sondern danach mit Auto zu mir. Möglichkeit, dort zu schlafen. Seine Freundin kann meine Frau beim Gärtnern beraten/unterstützen oder sie gehen in Antwerpen schoppen ...
Und jetzt ist auch @jostein angefixt und überlegt, ob er auch bei mir mitfahren kann... :rolleyes:

OK ... ich sehe mal was die B&B's so bringen oder ob ich doch schon den ersten 600er privat angehe.

Genau genommen sitze ich Ostern schön am Strand in Frankreich und mache (*hust*) Mentaltraining für den 400er in Herentals am Wochenende nach Ostern.

E-Brevet oder Papierkarte?
Für den Veranstalter sind die Papierkarten wahrscheinlich nerviger, als Andenken taugen aber eher die Papierkarten. Und ich hab halt gerne was konkretes in der Hand. Gibts irgendwas wichtiges gegen Papierkarten? Ich glaub ich bleib beim Retro-Style...

Ich finde die Belgische Mybrevet.cc Lösung super. Einfach anmelden, Strava-Log im Nachgang hochladen und zusätzlich noch die Papierkarte, damit es beim Stromausfall trotzdem keine Diskussionen gibt.

Ich bin mal auf die e-brevet Karte zum 400er am Niederrhein gespannt.

Wünsche Dir erfolgreiche 600km!
@HurriChristoph had quite a adventure... (but finished)

My ride report of BRM600 Groningen: Oost en West

From Groningen to Venlo and back. Mostly flat.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 15.54.52.png

A week with a sever cold and without proper sleep is not the best of prep for a 600km Still with fever, and Garmin reporting just 20% "body battery" I was not exactly confident to start, but hey, how could I miss this event?

DSCF5047.jpeg

94 people registered, for a 600! a few years back this number of people would be considered high even for a 200 Must be a PBP year or something... As we say, "gezellige drukte" at the start.

Soon we were on our way and I actually felt pretty okay. Only the need to stop every 20m or so to take a leak was a bit annoying (I really just fit into the Snoek, so getting in and out is a little time consuming). Regardless, I got to the first (photo) control in Steenwijk after just 2h15m for 67km, on the dot of the official opening of the control window (not that any Dutch brevet organiser cares about those).

The weather turned sunny and warm, the roads smooth and (mostly) straight, I guess this was velomobile paradise I'm still a bit apprehensive of driving a VM through busy cities, but Zwolle was ok; Pim did a great job with an efficient route through town. Photo shoot at the 2nd control in Deventer/Steenenkamer as I was on a roll, 144km in 5h.

Some mild climbing in the Hoge Veluwe national park and into Arnhem, then it's the F325 cycling highway to Nijmegen to enjoy; the smoothness of the surface made cycling almost effortless.

DSCF5074.jpeg
From one extreme to the other then: climbing the Oude Holleweg from Beek, 1km of sustained 8% (that's 16% on the Garmin...) over bad block pavement I was quite happy having a low gear of 33t front 40t rear! The Snoek's dry weight is 23kg, so with all the gear/food/clothing I packed I was pushing probably 27kg.

Groesbeek control, been there, done that so a photo and onwards! At Broekhuizen I improvised a little, taking the ferry to the other side of the Maas; adding a few tiles to the cluster and avoiding what had seemed a nasty 180 degrees turn to get across the bridge in Venlo.

Sit down in the BurgerKing in Kaldenkirchen then for a stamp on the brevet card and something to eat. Two fails for BK, the "manager" was new and was not sure he was allowed to use their stamp for my card and the stuff you get served shows no resemblance with the pretty photos they're advertising. Arrived at 19:05 and left at 19:40 just as Eva and Jos arrived in their velomobiles.
DSCF5080.jpeg
At around 300km suddenly the tank was empty. No energy left for normal riding, it was only 50-60W that was doable (compared to my normal 100-120W long distance cruising). Oh well, I was still doing 21kph and being comfy, so I'll get there Shortly before the Isselburg control Eva and Jos catch up, giving me a boost to 32kph for the last bit.

The control is a 24h tank station and for security reasons the door to the shop is closed. Which means the attendant has to walk around the shop quite a bit to get our orders for coffee, cola and cake complete. No trouble getting a stamp from this guy, he clearly doesn't need a boss to tell him how to do his job Christoph arrives in his VM and then we suddenly have four of the five velomobiles together after 345km and 14 hours of riding.

DSCF5086.jpeg
Night has fallen and it starts to get colder and colder. I had intended to ride this without sleeping but at 2am I spot a roomy busstop that is just too inviting Two hours of good sleep (it pays to bring a sleeping pad, isolating bivvy and down clothing) and I feel better. Just 10 minutes after we enter in Lutum the RadBahn Münsterland: 40km of glorious cycle path. A remarkable feature, with Dutch and in particular Welsh cycle paths in mind, is the total lack of poles and other obstacles to keep cars/motos/whatever off the cycle track at every crossing . Still going slowly, but comfy wearing down jacket/pants. Only the hands got cold but that was remedied by using my down socks as gloves! Would not work on a regular bike but it's okay with the steering/braking/gears in a VM.

At the McD just past Rheine I catch up with Christoph and get some feeling back into my feet (down socks for the win, again). It takes me forever to leave as my Garmin has crashed and the backup one only wants to complain about "unroutable map" Several resets later and I have one working GPS again and I am even able to save the ride so far!
DSCF5089.jpeg

Some croissants and bananas at the Jumbo "checkpoint" in Klazienaveen. and then it is the last 75km back to Groningen (after more resetting of the Garmin ). While trying to keep my sanity I kept wondering whether the dialect used in Drenthe would have as many words for describing (the quality of) their roads as the Innuit are said to have words for "snow". Let's just say that the gravel in Groningen next to the A28 is way better than most of the block pavement in Drenthe.

Arrived back home at 14:35 (total time 30h 35m), downloading pictures from the camera to my phone (for those checkpoint controls) and changing to my citybike for the last 2km to the official finish at Pim's place.

Anhänge

• DSCF5084.jpeg
    DSCF5084.jpeg
    266,4 KB · Aufrufe: 22
Morgen gehts nach Namur (ARA Niederrhein. Wer ist dabei?
Bei KM 158,7 schreibt Michael "tricky". Heißt also auf gut deutsch: aussteigen, fluchen, schieben, essen & trinken, weiterfahren....

Zurück
Oben Unten