Bilder und Berichte vom Snoek

ein Snoek und ein Alpha7 fahren in Japan durch Tokio :)

da ist noch eins :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Yesterday another shorter ride was planned, and on the way back, often rode faster. As long as the Snoek is not sold, it will still be ridden, no doubt. The speed difference in warmer weather is huge, I was now often riding stretches at 54 km/h on average with power that will have been around 200. Garmin sent me 2 "repair kits", and despite the connection now working, only 1 pedal seems to work. Fortunately I am still under guarantee, the next step would mean a completely new set of pedals.

At first, I rode a bit on the main road between cars (not allowed because 70 km/h zone without cycle path), and the speed easily went above 60 km/h. Only I had to pass a bridge in between, and once at the top I was only at 35 km/h. Anyway, I don't think any professional cyclist would be popping up here at 50 km/h. Cars behind me were fortunately patient. The speeds I reach on my route only reflect a small part of the Snoek's potential. I should actually find a route in the Netherlands where you can ride in a loop at higher speeds without too much traffic. I have seen someone on Strava (Timo E), who does live in the north of Germany. I thought about maybe meeting up with him, he rode 53 km/h on average over 119 kilometers with his (Bulk?) last week. Someone who knows him?

A shoulder injury from which I have not yet recovered (while working out) does cause occasional irritations in the Snoek. It is therefore quite tight for me (not the Snoek's fault). Maybe it wouldn't be a bad plan if someone invents a massage chair that simultaneously gives your shoulders a rub. Other than that, there are really no comments from my side, adjusting my diet, taking up the combination of starting to run slowly with cycling has only made my physical condition better. All that belly fat has quietly all disappeared, I haven't experienced this since I was a teenager. Moral of the story: if you struggle to fit into a velomobile, in certain cases you still have the option of doing something about it yourself.

After reading Sven Kröll's comment about the visor slowing him down too much (I don't have a nacaduct), I regularly opened it a bit less, and indeed, it does make a bit more of a difference than I thought. With the Milan SL, this nacaduct was constantly open, only I think the temperature was warmer then. In Belgium, the temperature - at least for now - rarely exceeds 20 degrees. And even if weather gets warmer, I still have the option of riding convertible. So why complain that I don't have a nacaduct? I think this only makes sense with people who use the velomobile for commuting or longer tours, or in worse (or very hot) weather. By the way, if it's 30 degrees or more outside, I see no reason not to ride fully convertible, but fine. Everyone chooses for themselves what they think is best.

I have the naca duct on my hood, you get a lot of air from that way, when it is raining I get also rain by this way, so I have to close it sometimes.
I open the visor in long and steep uphill especially when the wind come from the back.
I have now also a footplate with opening, that give more air inside and doesn’t seem to kill the aerodynamic.
For brevets I rode and I have to ride it is more confortable.

Well, I would suggest asking Sven directly
That's not possible unfortunately. This week I had another question but the private message is blocked.

Since a few people here have already had problems with the Garmin vector 3, I received replacement parts from Garmin. The connection with my bike computer is now fixed, but 1 pedal cannot be found. So forwarded the necessary photos, proof of purchase and hope they can send me a new pair of pedals soon. :)

Thanks to member @Kurbel I'm hoping to have a meetup with Timo E and his Milan SL soon. It would be a 4-hour car journey one way, but I'm willing to do that.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Does anyone know if a nacaduct can be "installed" afterwards? And how much that would cost?
As far as I know this is "only" few cuts with a thin grinding disc from above.
But you need some duct thingy to be glued underneath (either laminated or 3d printed) - also for adjusting the airflow.

Should be doable even at home and only requires a Dremel (or similar) and some good glue - and a source for the duct thingy of course.
There is a DIY model in Svens shop.

Bäng, Anhalten, Aussteigen, VM von der Straße auf den Radweg schieben, Haube im Gras ablegen, Reifen und Schlauch runter nehmen und begutachten, Riss in der Lauffläche, Werkzeugtasche raus, neuen Reifen mit Butylschlauch montieren, aufpumpen, Einpacken und weiter in knapp 15 min find ich ok.
Screenshot_20230602-125311_Connect.jpg

Finde ich auch vollkommen OK und schnell. Bei meiner Pendelstrecke spare ich mir ca. 10 Minuten Zeit im Vergleich Pro Ones zu Ones.
Da die Pro Ones zum Glück nicht jedes mal knallen, finde ich das Risiko mal einen Reifen wechseln zu müssen echt vertretbar.
Nach ca. 10 Fahrten habe ich schon gute 100 Minuten Zeit gespart.

Edit: Ups. falscher Faden, ich fahre gar kein Snoek... :X3::censored:

Ok, den PO hatte ich nach einem Durchstich von innen nur mit Tipp-Topp Flicken versorgt und von da ausgehend nahm das Schicksal seinen Lauf..
20230602_150635.jpg20230602_151044.jpg

Letzteren. Der dichtet halt nur ab, ist aber mechanisch schwach. Der Reifen war eh schon weitgehend abgefahren und lief mit dem Flicken immerhin noch 2 kkm.
Ich würde es nicht als Schicksal bezeichnen, wenn man einen abgenutzten Reifen mit bekannter Schwachstelle noch weitere 2.000 km schiebt. Und außerdem sieht es aus wie der Hinterreifen. Und Sie fahren ziemlich schnell, bis zu 55 km/h. Bei dieser Geschwindigkeit können platte Hinterreifen tödlich sein.

Ich verstehe nicht, warum Sie so unnötige Risiken eingehen?

Zurück
Oben Unten