Bilder und Berichte vom Snoek

The fin on top should give more stability at high (60+ kph) speeds according to Eva, she hasn't noticed a difference at her normal riding speeds (she has a fin A on her #1 Snoek). My own experience: it looks cool

For a fin at the back I assume it would just lengthen / thin the end of the tear shape of the VM, thereby making it a little aerodynamic (from the very little I think I understand of aerodynamics, please correct if this is bullshit ;))

Ich versuchs mal mit etwas größeren Fenstern nach vorne und oben etwa 5 mm (und Doppelverglasung (kommt später)).
20230505_115900.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Spent a very long time today removing those reflectors on both sides. Even with a good sticker remover, the task took more than an hour. Faster could have been possible provided you use way more of the bottle, but I deliberately didn't do that. I put the fin back on so it looks a bit sportier. Tomorrow a longer ride is planned, I would like to ride 200 kilometres at a leisurely pace. I checked my Vector 3 pedals again and although for a single second there was a connection, even faster it disappeared.:cautious: IMG_20230512_194843.jpg

Made a first longer trip of 172 kilometres with the Snoek today. Many diversions and roadworks made me slow down often. Nevertheless, an average of just under 36 km/h. Cruising speed was constantly 42-45 km/h on the longer straights (lower heart rate). 1 time I rode on the lane between cars and the speed went towards 60 km/h. What tarmac does to rolling resistance. To ride a 200-kilometre distance with a velomobile on decent tarmac, you need absolutely no preparation. Provided your fitness level is somewhat decent, it's so easy. Had I been able to keep my speed everywhere, I might have been home a lot faster. What a great thing that Snoek is. IMG_20230513_105951.jpg

Zurück
Oben Unten