BBS01B dragging when battery is empty

Moved here from the tour thread.

My BBS01B offers resistance when the battery is empty and the LCD is switched to 0.

Moved here from the tour thread.

My BBS01B offers resistance when the battery is empty and the LCD is switched to 0.
Link

freewheel clutches Bafang BBS01

then you should repair your Bafang...

Beware! There seem to be two versions of the motor freewheel:

So I turned the pedals with no battery plugged in and the pedal shaft freewheel makes the normal noises when the pedals are turned in both directions. The noisiest thing is the Ginkgo idler pulley! And there is no resistance on the pedal. If I had known I would have unplugged the battery on Saturday... Or turned off the LCD, I need the battery for the lights.

You might have attributed personal loss of energy to a defect that wasn't there. That has happened to me a few times on tour. Most times however it's a flat tire or something else that gets attributed to me needing a brake to regain Power - followed by a brake to do the repairs

Regards,

Tim
No, there was definitely a noise and a dragging sensation - vibration from the motor. As if I was turning a pedal generator. Agilo wants to be a frikar? LCD set to 0

The battery has come back over 33v so I took it down and plugged it in, set the LCD to 0 and there is definitely something happening. Of course you don't feel as much when the pedals are turned slowly by hand as at 80 cadence but there is a difference between battery unplugged and plugged... @JKL this is your area of expertise?

moved here
Maybe this should continue in the motor section...

So, you didn't recreate the circumstances? I still can't imagine how a difference in the motor should change something in the mechanical clutch. Or do you contemplate that by switching off the motor controller you could have reduced the drag? That's possible. You still should repair the motor...

Has the ambient temperature changed?
Grease gets thicker as it cools down - which can increase friction.

Just a thought. Then again, @anotherkiwi might not remember what cold feels like :)

Before I take the motor out (again :eek: ) and service it I need to go for a drive to verify that I was not imagining the drag because of my bad leg. I have no memory of having done anything wrong except running out of battery. When that happens the controller doesn't stop immediately because the battery voltage fluctuates and you have a kind of chug chug chug vibration before it cuts completely.

I have my GSMoon motor disassembled in front of me and was able to play with the freewheel inside the nylon gear so I know what to do to verify if the Bafang one is working correctly or not.

Still looking for a motor shell for my GSMoon @pn_day I will make a request on the pedelec.uk forum as a last resort.

I did a test drive for my new brake levers and... the clutch is broken, you can hear the motor turning when pedalling at cadence.

Zurück
Oben Unten