Agilo velomobile

You might want to start watching https://www.sitko-velo.de/ , something is happening there soon.

This morning I was clicking through links and after an error page was redirected to a page I wasn't supposed to see : sneaky:. I wrote a short message to Bodo asking for more information and the site was then locked : giggle:

A new shape (I prefer the old one) and (please forgive me @Reinhard this is just a wild guess) DIY!!! (y): love: I deduced that from what I read on the now invisible page - "you can use parts that are easy to find on the internet"... Plywood, DIY, will I be able to sleep for the next few weeks?

Das war das hier, oder? Ich hoffe, sie haben diesmal Gepäckstauraum vorgesehen und sind vom Kork als Sitzmaterial weg.

Gruß,

Tim

It's here!

A DIY blueprint for 89€, of course I am going to buy one of those. Then will come the search for used parts... :rolleyes:

Spannend!

If you start this as a project, please document and share it with us!

I have ordered the plans - well asked to be contacted as soon as they are available and will post all information here as soon as I have it. The thread title is also a good place for a build thread don't you think?

I am sure that the new shape will be the only one available. I guess he modified the design to make it easier to build in DIY.

Ich vermisse ein paar Fotos auf der Seite https://www.sitko-velo.de/
Wenn ich das bisschen Text so überfliege, bekomme ich den Eindruck das es ein in etwa ein XYZ-Trike mit Sperholzverkleidung ist.
Wie viel wiegt die fertige Holzkarosserie?
Das kommt auf das verwendete Sperrholz und auf die Verarbeitung an. Inklusive der Vierkantrohre aus Aluminium ist ein Gewicht um die 15 kg realistisch.
o_O:unsure: OK, also Rahmen und Karrosserie.
Dann noch die üblichen Fahrradkomponenten und Sitz und man sollte so auf oberes Quest-Nievau kommen, also fahrfertig (ohne Motor & Batterie aber mit Pedalen) in etwa 30 kg (±10%) immer noch akzeptabel. (y)
The thread title is also a good place for a build thread don't you think?
Yes, please document your progess here.
Hmm, wenn mir jetzt bitte die LandesRegierung sagen würden, dass der Corona-lock-down noch 2 Monate dauern wird wäre ich dabei und würde der HausRegierung ihr erstes VM bauen :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich vermisse ein paar Fotos auf der Seite https://www.sitko-velo.de/
Wenn ich das bisschen Text so überfliege, bekomme ich den Eindruck das es ein in etwa ein XYZ-Trike mit Sperholzverkleidung ist.

I found this image in the Spezi report thread from 2017

index.php

It looks like a real velomobile inside :giggle: OK not the cork seat but that can be fixed, it is DIY. If the steering and drive train worked in 2017 I don't think he will have redesigned that. The body shape changes you can easily understand because the prototype looks a little harder to build - mor complex.

@Troubadix rode in it maybe he can give his handling impressions here?

@Troubadix rode in it maybe he can give his handling impressions here?
I am afraid you misundertood my description. I did not ride it, I just sat in there. Even this left a favourable impression. Suspension components are from proven producers, so I think the velomobile would handle quite well. I am more into aluminium than wood and I wonder if it could be built from aluminium instead of wood. And I am eager to see if the plans are as precise as they are appear on the homepage.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
About my project:

I am the perfect client for a kit velomobile, I have been building boats in wood, wood/epoxy composite since I was 12 years old. I joined this forum because of the Ditte velomobile which, from version to version is such a work of art and fabulous craftsmanship. I don't have the time for that right now, I need a means of transport with weather protection - maybe a fast sports car will come later in life when I am too old to use it?... :giggle:

So of course a DIY velomobile made from plywood is perfect for me, the budget looks to be about the same as a used Alleweder but I think I can build it lighter and it will probably be a little faster. Yes it will have electric assist because the mayor has not told us he has a plan to remove all the 15% gradients in the streets around here... That may annoy velomobile purists but a velomobile with legal assistance to 25 km/h remains a bicycle (er tricycle...) above that speed and having ridden pedelecs for the last 4 years, trust me, you get enough exercise, my average speed on the pedelec is about 26-27 km/h so the motor isn't running for at least half of the time. It was the other day when I brought 30 kg of soil for the garden box back up the 17% gradient behind my apartment. One of the requirements for the Agilo will be the ability to attach a trailer hitch.

I am not a wealthy person so in order to stay inside my budget I will try to use second hand parts where possible, be prepared... :rolleyes: I already have a tail light with brake function! Not having a budget also means the project might take some time but I can cannibalise my trike for the front wheels and brakes for example. I did intend to replace the rims and brakes on the trike anyway in the near future.

At the moment I am sending many e-mails to Bodo Sitko so he will eventually get bored, take my money and send me something so that I can start working. I have been looking for plywood for some time - closest for the moment is over 540 km away. I had been planing to disguise my trike with a Nose 1.4 but with shipping that was going to cost just under half the price of the Agilo, and so I had come up with the plan to disguise the trike as a Lotus Type 119 soap box replica... (y) That project is now on hold but not forgotten.

Now is the time to wait, all of those who have had to wait for a new factory built velomobile know what waiting is like - believe me, waiting for velomobile plans is no easier!

@Troubadix Hast Du nur drinnen gesessen oder auch länger mit denen gequatscht?
Ist das ein XYZ-artiger Rahmen auf dem das Agilo basiert?

Fun-Fact: Ag-il-o ist ein perfektes Esperanto-Wort.
handeln: agi, die Handlung: ago, ein Mittel/( oderWerkzeug): -il- (ein Suffix) somit wird Agilo folglich ein Handlungs-Mittel.
Mir fehlt eine passende deutsche Übersetzung bzw Ableitung. Muttersprachen sind manchmal so beschränkt.
Kial ne pli da homoj parolus Esperanton?

@Troubadix Hast Du nur drinnen gesessen oder auch länger mit denen gequatscht?
Ist leider auch schon 3 Jahre her. Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere, dann hat die am Stand anwesende Person vor allem bescheiden lächelnd daneben gestanden, war sichtbar stolz auf das VM und nahm meine positive Reaktion sehr gerne entgegen. Der Sitz war mir damals zu hart, aber eine Ventisitmatte sollte, so hieß es damals, möglich sein. Mich schreckte damals ab, dass das Agilo von Anfang an auf eine Pedelec-Ausrüstung zugeschnitten war, was nicht so mein Ding ist. Den strukturellen Aufbau hatte ich gar nicht groß studiert, aber ich hatte den Eindruck, dass einiges Fachwissen über Holz als Baustoff für Leichtfahrzeuge darin steckte. Das Raumgefühl war ähnlich großzügig wie in meiner X-Stream.

@anotherkiwi : Do you acually know the Wildcat fairing for trikes? http://www.velovergne.fr/ Could be what you are looking for. It feels a bit rough around the edges (literally!), but IMHO the basic concept is very sound - no wonder, Carl Georg Rasmussen of Leitra fame is behind it! -and it could be greatly refined.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@anotherkiwi : Do you acually know the Wildcat fairing for trikes? http://www.velovergne.fr/ Could be what you are looking for. It feels a bit rough around the edges (literally!), but IMHO the basic concept is very sound - no wonder, Carl Georg Rasmussen of Leitra fame is behind it! -and it could be greatly refined.

Yes I saw that a very long time ago and it was a little too rough around the edges for me even then. @roland65 makes a much nicer nose.

Yes I saw that a very long time ago and it was a little too rough around the edges for me even then. @roland65 makes a much nicer nose.
Well, I like the looks of the Wildcat and it´s ancestry that dates back to the Leitra, but with a Leiba X-Stream and a Flevo Alleweder that - due to loving maintenance - is still going strong after more than 20 years, there is no real need for me for a 3rd velomobile.
And if ever there is a true man of thoroughness and conscience, Roland is the one. Let´s get back to topic.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hier guck ich mal zu, könnte echt eine interessante und günstige Methode sein um zum eigenen VM zu kommen, allerdings finde ich 89,-€ zu investieren ohne zu wissen wie genau die Dokumentation aussieht schon etwas happig, aber vielleicht bekommt man ja hier das ein oder andere mit und dann kann man es sich immer noch überlegen.

@anotherkiwi: I wish you good luck. I would be happy to read much about your way to your own builded velomobile.

Zurück
Oben Unten