Agilo velomobile

While the computer was broken I kept taking photos:

truing-stand.jpg

The rear wheel has been built. Thank you @Marc for your help. The truing stand is from https://www.wheelpro.co.uk/wheelbuilding/book.php which is well worth the 10€, the writer even answers questions!

details-details.jpg

The door mirror is not very aerodynamic but it does fold flat, the b+m cyclestar from my pedelec. It is inserted into a short section of 22 mm CF tube epoxy glued to the door. The indicators are from the Fiat 500 Abarth, the LED runs the whole length so I think they will be bright enough.

The sitting position (height, shape, ...) in Agilo is set by using cushions, she made me this one so that I have a seat back which is almost exactly the same shape as the seat on the Azub T-Tris, to be road tested but I am very pleased with the position.

seat-angle.jpg

The Alfine 8 shifter arrived. I wanted to mount it like @Axel-H did in his tiller conversion. But it is not the same click shifter...

So:

alfine-shifter.jpg

It goes on the end of the tiller handle. I was inside Agilo setting the bottom bracket position etc. just now and the shift works just fine:

- up gears with the little finger
- down gears with the side of the hand

The specified plywood is 3 mm. .......
I have built a boat from a mix of ordinary and marine grade plywood, it was completely glassed, guess which one rotted? ... That boat lived for several years under a blackberry bush and then went on to do many miles on the ocean afterwards. At mooring in the middle of the photo, it was on the hard at every low tide, the marks on the side are from a few storms...
Hi anotherkiwi

Very nice wooden velomobile You have build, with lots of excellent details :)

Would You please tell me what type of plywood that rotted ?
I'm thinkin of making a velocar myself and is somewhat uncertain about if I can use normal plywood covered with epoxy at both sides, or I need to find Marine grade, because now and then it will get a rain-shower or two !?

Here in Denmark I can only find 4mm in exterior grade.

Kind regards :cool:
Kjeld

Would you believe the okoume marine ply and not the CTBX exterior grade rotted in the transom. But that boat had a tough life and it ended violently...

Type 3 glue is the most important choice. And don't park your velocar in a blackberry bush for several years! ;)

Ciao @anotherkiwi how is it going?? We long to see more pics and the progress of your velo! Come on give us an update ;)

I got myself a derelict Go One 3, I am also in the process of refurbishing it. I got the Velo bug too

I did experiment a little and I failed so I need to think some more... This week I hope to receive the Bafang bearing tool and after servicing the motor there will be assembly of everything I have. Then paint.

Photos will follow.

Nice work!
It seems as there could be a 26" rear wheel fit inside.

There is not much space for a takeoff. How will you mount the wings? Or will you use a parachute to bring it down?

No there isn't enough room for a 26" and not even a 24" with a smaller tyre.

Crash test, we will just throw it overboard :LOL:

It will go down the same way as the boat with a nice thick rope attached to the ring and the rear wheel (yes there is a backing plate behind the ring). And it will be a day with little to no wind. I think this time I will tell the neighbours it is coming down :rolleyes: At the front we will attach the line from a fishing rod and that will be used to pull away from the wall.

5 people:

- 2 to lift over the railing while
- 1 holds the rope
- 1 down on the grass pulls the nose away from the wall and
- 1 makes a video

The 2 lifters go downstairs as soon as the velomobile is suspended and catch it at the bottom.

The boat was 2 people and weighs about 10 kg less. I put it on my shoulder to carry it through a gate at the boatyard.

This is a boating rope house so I have a sheet that is probably good for about 20 tons... :giggle: And just 1 turn around the balcony rail should be plenty.

After a very long build I will have a tendency to be careful, don't worry!

Think about if you need something in your appartment of approx the same weight. One up one down at the same time...

which will simply shift the problem toward getting the balancing weight down again.

Zurück
Oben Unten