Rennen 2018 World HPV Championships 13.–15. Juli 2018

Hey,
ich hab grad gesehen, dass die Webseite schon online ist und verdammt gut aussieht:
http://wc2018.bhpc.org.uk/
http://wc2018.bhpc.org.uk/
Allein für den Programmpunkt „Mikes Bikes Display“ lohnt sich ja schon die Anreise.

Und mit dem Start am Freitag dem 13. kann auch nichts mehr schiefgehen ;-)

Kurze Zusammenfassung:
  • Any human-powered vehicle is allowed (Rowing, Arm-Powered, Upright, Tandem …)
  • all classes will race together in all races
  • You can register to compete with up to two different vehicles
  • Onsite camping is available

Das nur mal fix zur Info,
viele Grüße,
der hering

Cool. Da kommt man von Dover ja locker mit´m Rad hin...:)
Vorgemerkt. Danke für die Info.

Wird leider nix, liegt mitten in den Sommerferien und da ham die Leute mit Nachwuchs Vorrang, und das werden auch irgendwie nicht weniger. Ich wär schon gern wieder hingefahren, die Reise war schön und diesmal isses vielleicht auch nicht so kalt und windig wie vor paar Jahren Anfang Juni. (Ok, dafür war immerhin kein Regen.)

Wer nochmal nachlesen will: https://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/index.php?xfa-blogs/martin.7936/

PS: Zum Glück gibts inzwischen Brouter.

Hier gibts auch einen Thread unter Verein, aber ich hatte auch unter Treffen, Rennen, Veranstsltungen gesucht.

Please forgive me writing in English, my German is very bad and I know that your English is better than Google Translate!

I would like to say it would be a good to have as many velomobiles as possible from mainland Europe at the WC in England this year, I notice that two have registered already (Werner Klomp and Harry Lieben).

The track is very good for velomobiles with only one, possibly two bends that require brakes, so come on, the £ is low, the weather will be good (maybe) and the beer will be warm.

Regards

Ian

Hi,
die Anmeldung hat geklappt! Junior, Zelt und ich sind angemeldet :)
Allerdings braucht man offenbar zwingend PayPal zum bezahlen.
Grüße, Christian

Please forgive me writing in English
Hi Ian and thanks for advertising the event. The homepage looks professional.
  • can you add velomobile as an apart category?
  • apparently one is forced to use PayPal as paying option ... will there be alternatives?
  • do you consider an additional mixed race merging the continental velomobiles with the famous pedal cars from the UK. Invite the Top 10 drivers/team for free and let us race together for fun & honour. :D (at least make a lot of PR at their forums & events, so that there will me more spectators coming to our World Championship) (y)
Greetings from Belgium,
btw ... organise some fridges for the beer :love:

Steffen hat mich überredet... Trete wohl mit nem quad Tandem an. Mal schauen :-D

@tjs : Letztes Jahr sah es so aus als würden dieses Jahr 4-5 Tandems mit gemischten Fahrern (also m/w) fahren. Leider hat sich das allermeiste zerschlagen.. Meiner Freundin ists zu weit, ein Paar hat sich getrennt, das nächste wiederrum kann nicht (zeitlich)... Also lassen wirs halt krachen. Mit gut 500-550W Antriebsleistung auf so nem Tandem kommen die 50km/h langsam in greifbare nähe. Und dank Quad kann man die Velomobile in der Kurve kaschen.

Hi Ian and thanks for advertising the event. The homepage looks professional.
  • can you add velomobile as an apart category?
  • apparently one is forced to use PayPal as paying option ... will there be alternatives?
  • do you consider an additional mixed race merging the continental velomobiles with the famous pedal cars from the UK. Invite the Top 10 drivers/team for free and let us race together for fun & honour. :D (at least make a lot of PR at their forums & events, so that there will me more spectators coming to our World Championship) (y)
Greetings from Belgium,
btw ... organise some fridges for the beer :love:
Hi, I'm not part of the organising team, but I will pass on your comments, regarding the categories ; we have a (faired multi-track) in our national races so I do not see a problem duplicating that and separating them from the fully faired bicycles.

I'll post back here when i have more information.

Ian

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
@Cars10

When a rider arrives and registers to race and collects their timing "transponders", they can specify which category they will be in; there will be a "multi-track category for velomobiles" (trikes and quads).

Regarding Paypal, you can pay with a credit / debit card via paypal without actually having a paypal account, if there are any problems then contact the organizers and bank details than using Paypal.

Free places are not going to happen due to the costs of hosting the event, sorry :(!

btw - I think you had better bring your own fridge for cold beer (Y)

Regards

Ian

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Kennt eigentlich jemand die lokalen Umstände der Streckenführung? Angabe ist ja https://www.betteshanger-park.co.uk/plan-your-visit/park-map/ ...
... anhand der Kurvenintensität muss ich mich noch entscheiden, ob Trike oder Quad.
Betteshanger-Map.png

[QUOTE = "BuS velomo, post: 930208, member: 12610"] Does anyone know the local circumstances of the routing? Specification is yes https://www.betteshanger-park.co.uk/plan-your-visit/park-map/ ...
... I have to decide on the basis of the intensity, whether trike or quad.
Betteshanger-Map.png
[/ QUOTE]
The race track is colored dark gray, there is only one tight-ish bend but not severe, Streamliners ok, velomobile ok with pants, in fact the Italians speed their Battle Mountain streamliner there.

Tja, dann eben nicht. Ich hab den Anmeldetermin um einen Tag verpasst und per Mail-Nachfrage bleiben sie hart - ich darf nicht mitfahren...

Zurück
Oben Unten