Suchergebnisse

1. sbtrikerUSA

DF-Erfahrungsberichte

You raise a good point. Maybe I've jumped to a conclusion. Maybe it's possible that the dirt on the derailleur and in that area could be a sign that the vent is working well - pulling dusty air from within the cockpit and out. I'm unsure how much dust gets into the cockpit through the boom and...
  2. sbtrikerUSA

DF-Erfahrungsberichte

We hoped there would be enough negative pressure in that area to pull air from the cockpit. In the tuft testing, the airflow looked correct. However, we noticed that the chain and derailleur were being covered with road dirt. So there were conditions where the air flow reversed from what we...
  3. sbtrikerUSA

DF-Erfahrungsberichte

To clarify... The tail extension Arjen referenced has a shape similar to the one I made for Peter Borenstadt. However, Peter's continues under the DF to the trailing edge of the rear wheel. So, Peter's does not have as sophisticated of a mounting system as the referenced extension. Peter's is...
  4. sbtrikerUSA

DF-Erfahrungsberichte

Another idea... I've made some parts for a friend's DF for his Battle Mountain runs in the past. We were talking about how to improve the airflow through the cockpit of his DF. He runs a tail extension that has a very narrow trailing edge so there's little space to add any vent holes. He...
  5. sbtrikerUSA

Erfahrungen mit der DF-Haube

I believe that you can still buy the visor mechanism here...
  6. sbtrikerUSA

DF-Erfahrungsberichte

There are a couple of free versions of hook designs available on thingiverse.com if you have access to a 3D printer. Hook Hook and mold for bungee attachments
  7. sbtrikerUSA

Rolle aufgrund von Hinterradplatten?

Yes. I've got the standard Road Airliners in 28-559 Pro-Ones on both of my velomobiles. I surprised to see that they fit without having to shorten them.
  8. sbtrikerUSA

WAW: Umbauten und Erfahrungen

Things may have changed in the few years since I owned my WAW. I originally bought it without rear suspension and ordered the more enclosed, fixed chain guard shown below. I later installed the rear suspension and had to switch to this chain guard which didn't enclose the derailleur and...
  9. sbtrikerUSA

WAW: Umbauten und Erfahrungen

I believe that the complete housing version of the chain guard is not compatible with the rear suspended WAW.
  10. sbtrikerUSA

I've used tire pressure sensor systems on my velomobiles for a few years. Since they are built for Schrader valves, I have to use adapters for my presta valves. The system is only useful for leaking tires - not for blow outs. I've had multiple instances where they've detected a leaking tire on...
  11. sbtrikerUSA

I've been experimenting with the Vittoria Airliner product with some promising results. If you haven't heard of the Vittoria Airliner product, check out this video . To test it, I built a wheel with a tubeless ready Alex 559 rim with a Pro One TLE tire for my Milan SL. In my testing, I was able...
  12. sbtrikerUSA

Velomobile Nord

I've also designed a base gasket/filet to go along with the Zefal covers. Let me know if you'd like those too. The lower piece conforms to the body curvature if mounting the mirrors on a non-flat area. These should be printed in TPU or some other flexible filament.
  13. sbtrikerUSA

Dings Milan GT MK7 - individuelle Optimierungen

I just discovered this thread. It is fantastic. I'm impressed with the fit of the leading edge of your BM hood. That is a particularly difficult area to get right. I've made my own BM-style hood for my Canadian Milan SL and have struggled getting a good fit. I also like your removable corners...
  14. sbtrikerUSA

DF Sonnendach

Yes. It worked very well. The front mounts are made from 1/8th inch thick Lexan sheet. The mounts are screwed to the hood with flush mounted screws and fit nicely into the stock WAW aluminum clamps on the cockpit cover. I had to heat them a little to put a slight twist in them to allow them to...
  15. sbtrikerUSA

Lüftung optimieren

True... this is not ideal. Keep in mind that the compartment is not completely closed. There is some fresh air coming in through the boom opening. I have a humidity gauge in the DF that shows that humidity does drop a bit with the fans turned on. I just find that it feels good to be able to flip...
  16. sbtrikerUSA

Lüftung optimieren

Excellent idea. I will see if I can adapt it to my system to direct cool air to my fans. This is my DF's current cooling setup: I have a closable NACA duct in the access panel that directs air to an outlet on a dashboard . The dashboard also contains 2 x 12V computer fans (2.5 m3/min). These...
  17. sbtrikerUSA

Tuna - neue Version des DF XL

The 349-28 Stelvio has been out of production for a very long time. I ran them on various Catrikes and the Greenspeed SLR. The current 349 tires that I'm aware of are: Schwalbe: Kojak 32-349, One 35-349 (tan walled tire for the Brompton) Marathon Plus 35-349 Trisled: Tru Blu 40-349 (Pedal...
  18. sbtrikerUSA

Seitenwindanfälligkeit vom DF (XL)

I found that the tail extension really helped improve stability in side winds on my previous DFXL. After upgrading the steering plates to the latest design, I tested the DFXL without the tail extension and I found that the change in the steering geometry provided the same level of stability. So...
  19. sbtrikerUSA

Etwas größer: ein DF in XL

Even though I'm not in love with the way it looks, I added a tail extension. The addition of the extension significantly improved the stability. Here's my DF with the tail extension.
  20. sbtrikerUSA

Velomobile-SH

My prints using Carbon/Nylon filament with 50mm diameter mirrors. Sanded, painted RAL 5015, wet sanded and polished. Thanks for sharing Axel and RobertS.
Zurück
Oben Unten