Suchergebnisse

1. UKiwi

Velomobil alter Hase oder Junger Spund

72 and about 15 years of recumbent riding.(11 years of that in velomobiles Qxs and QV)
  2. UKiwi

Meine Erfahrungen mit meinem E-Quattrovelo Plus

Basically a Golden Motors Smart Pie motor with external Grinfineon Controller and Cycle Analyst 3.The motor is mounted in a custom-made frame which in turn mounts on the standard QV bottom bracket frame (making it easily removable) As I said previously the most difficult part was the machining...
  3. UKiwi

Meine Erfahrungen mit meinem E-Quattrovelo Plus

I have mentioned this previously but it may be of interest? My QV has e-assist using a modified hub motor (Smart Pie) mounted on a small frame in front of the pedals. It drives the LEFT pedal of a Schlumpf MD via a short chain drive thus keeping the wide range of gearing with the benefits of...
  4. UKiwi

Quattro Velo von Velomobiel.nl , Tipps, Tricks,Verbesserungen zum Quattro Velo (Quattrevelo, QV)

I was an early adopter of the QV (#13) and have done over 33,000km with it since new. I also own a Quest XS and in relation to the earlier comments regarding noise my observations would be that the QV is MUCH noisier than the QXS .However I consider this a small penalty to pay for the much...
  5. UKiwi

Snoek von Velomobiel.nl (war: Quest RS)

Sorry I don't speak German so excuse my English. I've owned numerous Quest XS's with both aluminium and carbon trailing arms. Although I've broken many aluminium welded components the (aluminium)trailing arm has always been reliable. I went to the carbon arm because it was stiffer and flexed...
  6. UKiwi

Quattrovelo #085

I have an early QV (#13) and also swapped those BB7s- in my case to the "hybrid" Juin Tech units which have been a huge improvement. Initially I continued using the original BB7 disks until I needed to remove the axle assembly for other work. There was no perceptible difference between the two...
  7. UKiwi

Quattro Velo von Velomobiel.nl , Tipps, Tricks,Verbesserungen zum Quattro Velo (Quattrevelo, QV)

MAX 5.5 Bar-- not a problem for me as both my QV and QuestXS use lower pressure than this.
  8. UKiwi

Excuse the English. My old QV#13 has had pressure monitors for the past three years and they have been essential equipment as punctures often do not be sensed until the the tyre is destroyed. I use TireMoni Tyre pressure control system TM-150-NST
  9. UKiwi

Suche Bremsgriffe mit Schalter und Feststeller

Sorry about the English but I'm sure that you can translate easily- There are quite a few suppliers with what you need- on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pair-Aluminium-Parking-Power-Cut-Left-Right-Brake-Levers-For-Electric-Bicycle/353190708289?hash=item523bce8441:g:8EIAAOSwCwJfUMzv and on...
  10. UKiwi

Quattrovelo: erste Erkenntnisse

11. UKiwi

VM 1x1: Motor und Akku im Velomobil

As always- please excuse my use of English as I cannot speak German but this may be of interest? I have a QV with an efficient e-assist system which now been in regular use for over a year. It is based on a modified "Smart Pie" hub motor mounted in the nose of the velomobile and driving a...
  12. UKiwi

Video explaining Velomobiles (in English)

A member of the European velomobile community and owner of a QuattroVelo has recently posted a presentation explaining velomobiles. I thought it was quite interesting and worth watching.
  13. UKiwi

Sorry about the English- (I have no German) actually a QV owner (Denez B from Brittany) has exchanged his front suspension to the units fitted to the Strada- it gave him about 20mm more clearance- it doesn't sound a lot but helps considerably on bad roads. According to DB it had very little...
  14. UKiwi

(as others have pointed out) Overtightening the Schlumph bearing adjuster can destroy the MD inner bearings as well as create a lot of extra friction! I also had "creaking problems" from the area of the bottom bracket but all it needed was to slightly tighten the two stainless steel clamps that...
  15. UKiwi

Another very clever mod to an early QV by one of our French riders-- it enables access to the front storage bins and to (his) e-assist. It would need confidence and experience to make this alteration but it is only one of many successful modifications that he has made! (Details in the FB QV group)
  16. UKiwi

Quattrovelo für die grosse Tour

I was an early buyer of the QV and my # 13 has the older 10-speed cassette and front Mountain Drive. I've done some quite long camping trips from the UK as far as Lyon in France and carrying around 22kG of gear plus me (about 67kG) So far I've never found a hill I couldn't climb! My tent is a...
  17. UKiwi

My QV #13 also has a "smurf" as you guys seem to have renamed it. The first one started making horrible noises on a long trip across France last year and was replaced. I believe it had nothing to do with lubrication- possibly a "Monday machine" as you suggested. Allert kindly supplied me with a...
Zurück
Oben Unten