Review - Mengshen alarm for velomobiles

Because I use my carbon quest for commuting and the volemobile have to stay locked outside my work I decided to install a alarm. After looking throw the internet to find review and experiences from others I ended up with this one based on the KISS-principles ("Keep It Simple Stupid"): https://www.amazon.de/dp/B077GW7QWY...--dTteQC9y_favB5sKDnI3jPUa3cqD-y5Z9XNhrnZS8fE

First impression (2 weeks):
* Good value for money - good "entry level" alarm
* Lightweight (72g)
* Easy to install (two sided tape or strips)
* Alarm design neutral and fine finish
* The max sensibility level seams to work fine for the velomobile
* Uses AAA batterier = easy to change (lifetime = up to 9 month according to the manufacturer)

I installed the alarm just behind the light switches - it might be even more sensitive if the the unit was installed directly on the shell of the velomobile. At the moment the sensibility is set to max and when moved there will first be a warning beep/sound and if not stopping the alarm will start and not stop for the next 30 seconds unless deactivate with the remote.

I thought the best way to illustrate this was by making a video som others could learn from my experience and lower the risk of losing their velomobile. Video

If you have found better alarm systems please share info in a comment below.

It just didn't seem very loud. With the power supply being 2 triple A's I'm not sure it could be louder even if you wanted it to be. Do you think the volume is sufficient to act as a deterrent?

With my CB Hawk a different alarm from the same company was delivered https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01D4EPIWI...&pd_rd_r=838b40f0-eb81-11e8-9b97-b1c6d07c4ee4
I used it in the beginning, worked well, medium loudness. But after less than 2 weeks the radio control was working only now and then. A couple of days later the radio control fell to the ground from about 50cm height and burst into half a dozen pieces, the plastic housing was broken. So I threw it away....

I suppose that a maximum humidity of 80% can not be guaranteed inside a velomobile. Tell us then, how many weeks the electronic has carried out its duty before breaking down... ;)

Da könnte man ja mit einem Plastitbeutel und einem Trockensack nachhelfen, das die Elektronik trocken bleibt.

@Sutrai - The alarm is not that pricy why I'll try not to take any precautions at start. At home I don't have the hood on to remove some of the humidity. If it breakes down I'll let you know :=)

Update: Today I had to change the cheap 3 AAA batteries - lasted for about 4 month with a daily use. The alarm has survived the winter outside and the moisture when using the hood. Verdict so far: low price, easy to use, soutiable sensibility level for the purpose in a VB and good quality to the price.

Hope I'm forgiven for doing advertisement: Beside the alarm I would recommend to cover the VM. If it's not visible, it doesn't draw much attention.
More info in this thread, an the cover is superlight, <200g.

Zurück
Oben Unten